Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Part 2 of the vaquero and equinox video..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Part 2 of the vaquero and equinox video..
April 06, 2018 01:13AM
Heres the wrap up. If you disagree we can discuss it...wrap up
Re: Part 2 of the vaquero and equinox video..
April 06, 2018 01:38AM
That's why I like the Tesoro Golden uMax as it has 4 Tones. It may not be as Deep as the Vaquero and a fixed GB, But I will trade that for Tone I.D. anyday. But I am a Coin Hunter first and foremost so Tone I.D. is a must for Me along with Modulated Audio. I will not even consider a Detector without those two things.
April 06, 2018 02:20AM
Very good wrap up on features of both machines---and fair.
April 06, 2018 12:04PM
Did not watch 1st video but did watch your wrap up one. All I suggest is use it for awhile. Yes it's single tone, but with a little time you will notice small differences in that tone for different shape and sized targets. If the threshold in not cranked, that tone between say a flattened aluminum can will be a bit different than a coin even though they both hit on maximum disc. That's why I don't supertune because everything sounds the same and makes the disc pretty much useless, which is never said by those who always say "supertune" There are a few photos around where certain items disc out on the faceplate, I can't seem to figure out how to post one on here, not all that great with computers. lol. Probably more of a guideline than anything though. The "wrap up" video was great. You stated your findings, was realistic, and are asking the right questions that are now at the point where you're just going to have to gain some time with it. There are very few in these forums that give actual informative advise or reviews, as opposed to just repeating what can be read on a website. By just watching part 2 of your video, did not even need to watch part 1, you gave a very fair assessment of the two there "fancy pants." haha.
April 06, 2018 10:09PM
I don't consider myself a 'relic hunter', but it I were, I'd have a Tesoro in my detector arsenal. My gold jewelry count has dropped to almost nothing since I don't swing Tesoro detectors like I used to. I've gotten really super lazy and 'cherry pick' for silver coins. It's my understanding that if you're a relic hunter you dig all non-ferrous targets, especially at good sites So being able to pick those good targets out of a bed of nails seems to be of great importance. At any rate, I've tested a lot of detectors through the years and I have not found a detector that performs as well as a Tesoro that's equipped with a small concentric search coil in a bed of nails. There might be one, but I haven't used one. Here's a video showing how well a little ole $251.10 Mojave stacks up against some other detectors. It's not as deep as the Vaquero and Tejon, but it won't miss many good targets that are within the 6 to 7 inch depth range. Oh yeah, one last thing, pay particular attention that the Mojave can discriminate out a zinc penny and still detect the quarter going down the barrel of both nails. TEST VIDEO

tabman
April 07, 2018 02:30AM
The vaquero smoked the nox on down the barrel but 3 d nail test were a little different. I am very impressed on how well the vaquero performed for what it is.. impressive test..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2018 02:33AM by calabash digger.
April 07, 2018 05:57PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The vaquero smoked the nox on down the barrel but
> 3 d nail test were a little different. I am very i
> mpressed on how well the vaquero performed for wha
> t it is.. impressive test..

If you really want to be impressed, get the BEAST! Tesoro's Tejon with the 5.75 inch concentric search coil is one of the best detectors and coil combos ever made for hunting in iron.

tabman
April 07, 2018 06:55PM
I am really itching to try the 7in concentric for the Multi Kruzer and the Deeptech Gold Gain and the super 6 coil.
April 07, 2018 07:04PM
I'm am too but for over 800.00 bucks I just cant till I see more...
April 08, 2018 01:01AM
Calabash if ur looking for a beast in the iron get the racer 2 with nel 5" or snake coil. Plus it is really good with the 7" concentric. Just my opinion but nothing can touch the R2 with nel snake or nel 5" In the iron. Maybe EQ with 6" when released. Oh also can pic up a used R2 cheap too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 01:06AM by Kickindirt.
April 08, 2018 12:27PM
Single tone don't matter for RELIC and jewelry hunters , because if it sounds good and above iron you got to dig it.
April 08, 2018 12:53PM
Rob in (ca) Wrote:
> Single tone don't matter for RELIC and jewelry hun
> ters , because if it sounds good and above iron yo
> u got to dig it.

That's it in a nutshell! The overwhelming majority of my gold rings and jewelry were found with a single tone detector. A lot of neat other stuff as well.

tabman
April 08, 2018 04:52PM
Tabman, what about the Golden? You found more gold rings with that than any other detector I thought?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 05:17PM by Harold,ILL..
April 08, 2018 10:35PM
I see Monte has a great price on a new Vaquero & a few othr new or like new machines.

[www.ahrps.org]
April 08, 2018 10:39PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Tabman, what about the Golden? You found more gold
> rings with that than any other detector I thought?

I guess I should have said Tesoro. I've found a lot of gold rings with the Tesoro single tone detectors, but the Golden found more than the others did individually.

tabman