Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A short blurb about stuff...

Posted by IDXMonster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A short blurb about stuff...
January 26, 2016 01:12AM
I thought of something today at work which really ties in with detecting for me. I'm an auto mechanic,have been for around 22 years. As every mechanic knows,we accumulate a "whatzit" drawer full of nuts,bolts,fasteners,extra stuff that's useful but we don't need right now....you know...the JUNK drawer. Today I was looking for a push fastener(Christmas tree) of which I have put many in my junk drawer from time to time. Every time I go through that pile of stuff,I think I'm not going to find one because there's only a certain number of them in there...way back when it was EASY to find one of those fasteners in there,nowadays I really have to LOOK at every item to see if it's the one I need or not. A lot of this stuff looks similar! You're probably starting to see the connection,and why we keep going to the same sites and,little by little sometimes,extracting good finds. It really can be about slowly analyzing EVERY target carefully to see if it's what YOURE looking for...
Re: A short blurb about stuff...
January 26, 2016 10:44AM
The Mother of invention...... can be a blend of desperation and burning-passion. (Which presents a very intuitive end-resultant).
January 26, 2016 01:08PM
Slowly analyzing is the way I hunt all the time. It tickles me to see detectorist run like a bird dog straight out of the dog box all day then declare there's not much there or make a few finds. Where as I tend to hardly move at all compared to their strategy and will be digging good stuff. A lot seem to not realize stuff is there under their feet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2016 03:03PM by Jack Flynn.
January 26, 2016 03:03PM
Lots of variables to consider but indeed the average hunter goes too fast which is a minus for most areas...
January 26, 2016 04:34PM
I keep my finds till they start to look like junk and then dump them...I find a lot of cool iron that I make into things for my garden.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!