Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nox so far

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nox so far
April 15, 2018 12:20PM
Well..... seems ML is dragging their feet on getting more people in the water. It appears the priority is to get the machines out there..... then find out if they work in the water. There are some of us who can do the jack... or have friends who can do this simple fix. Im a LONG way from being an expert.... but heres some things i have noticed without all the hype. Ive gotten 9 gold thus far in a month with over 150 hours on the machine and about 40 in the water. Im the only game in town right now on my beaches using this machine..... so if its being missed i should be picking it up. What ive noticed is MORE 18K...... 4 out of the 9 in fact. Two were chains..... both over 20 grams and can be picked up by both a CTX and Xcal, one earring open when found..... CTX only hits on it at about 1/2" while the Nox liked it at 4". The other.... a ring a good 10" down. So it likes 18K...... which is easier to find than 10K in salt water.... even thou i dont find as much of it. As far as the small stuff..... it seems to like the higher conductors small stuff. You can find an almost invisible tiny tiny piece of jewelry made of copper. Ive also gotten one GOLD toe ring 1.3 grams.... rarely find those. It was a dry sand find barely covered. So im making finds.... some i dont see a lot of so far. Out of the 9 gold..... 5 of those were over 5 grams. First two weeks was learning and tweaking and just dry sand. This month ...... all water hunts and 7 of the gold.

Ive got a friend a couple of hours North of me using the machine in the water as well....... his experience is a bit difference. Hes finding the smaller gold...... thou still nothing that the Xcal or CTX wouldnt pick up. We have been comparing setings as we teak the machine to our own beaches. I think we are finding location does play a bigger part on how you have to set this machine up..... its not as forgiving as the CTX or Xcal. In the water........ hard bottom or softer sand ..... you go from somewhat smooth to really chatty. Ive tried to run beach 1 or beach 2 at sensitivity 20. It seems the difference is about 3 to 4 digits... if you can run beach 1 at 17 still with chatter... beach 2 will run at 21 to match that chatter and sensitivity. You can tell when you run over a target even with the chatter..... but if you have been used to the tame threshold of the CTX or Xcal this will be different. Its like going to the swish of a PI.... takes some getting used to. It leaves you unsure if you are missing weak targets. Where on the more stable machines you get even a chirp you check. Checking the HALO off the scoop.... out of the water in the beach settings you get a good 2'.... in the water that is reduced to about the same as the coil.... 10" or so. We have some pretty moderate mineralized sand and water here in Fl. But it likes to chatter a good bit on the hard pan. So .... if you want to run this machine in beach 2 and reduce the sensitivity to say 19 .... it runs a lot smoother, but you still hear those weak chatters in the back ground that are MUCH louder in beach 1 at a MUCH lower sensitivity setting.

Thus far id say this machine ISNT going to be quite the sensitive machine to small gold than id hoped IN or near the salt water. It may well find some of the gold other water machines miss.... but right now we are really working the beach slowly and methodical. Ive not found any tiny gold in the wet sand and im hunting one of the busiest beaches in FL. However ..... depth wise it shines in the wet and dry sand. Beach 1 transition at the waters edge... smooth/quiet but let the surf hit it and she will talk... kind of what you expect of a sensitive machine. There are going to be some great finds.... even small one like gold earring backs or smaller chains. Ill say you had one lucky day and not to expect that. With an extended shaft .... that extra nose weight comes in handy. This thing moves VERY well in the water even in swift water. That 15" coil might be do able out there.... meaning more depth. Id say now its as deep as the other water machines to include the CTX so we arent loosing anything there. Now just how much depth and sensitivity will be lost running it dead smooth?

IF ML gets the machines out and the waterproof phones we will have a better picture of just how well this machine might be by after summer hunting.
Re: Nox so far
April 15, 2018 12:55PM
Nice write up. I like the depth part. I like a stable machine in the wash. I guess if I had the Nox I would just back it down. The weight is very appealing. That is probably the most important thing actually. Finding earring backs isn't for me. Finding micro targets isnt important to me. But then I'm not Sure if a detector company can give great depth on large targets without sensitivity to small shallow targets. With all my other projects and money priorities I'll wait. It's all about the wet for me and detecting. I don't dirt hunt anymore and I'm satisfied with my current set up. But your opinion is appreciated. Have fun and stay safe.
April 15, 2018 02:02PM
The only thing I can add to that is when people get around you with cell phones it gets chatty too so don't be to quick backing off SENS wait a few seconds and see if it clears up.
April 15, 2018 06:37PM
Not a lot of cell phones chest deep but you are right.... another reason I ensure back light and wireless is Off. We are going to try smething different next time out .... no threshold. Could be something different on this machine.