Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75-DST VS Racer

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75-DST VS Racer
February 13, 2016 01:45AM
I have a F75-DST would I gain anything by getting the new Racer 2 ? How does the original Racer stack up against the F75-DST?

tabman
Re: F75-DST VS Racer
February 13, 2016 02:07AM
tabman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a F75-DST would I gain anything by getting
> the new Racer 2 ? How does the original Racer
> stack up against the F75-DST?
>
> tabman

From Keith review, seems to be impressive depths
February 13, 2016 02:42AM
Racer 2 more features and I would say better coils and better built. The racer 1 is about as good as my deus but the deus can be programmed...now with the racer 2 you have more programming not what the deus has but more than the racer 1. Is it better I can say it's better than the f19 for relic hunting..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 13, 2016 12:36PM
neptronix Wrote:
> tabman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have a F75-DST would I gain anything by
> getting
> > the new Racer 2 ? How does the original Racer
> > stack up against the F75-DST?
> >
> > tabman
>
>
> From Keith review, seems to be impressive depths

So does the F75-DST. A smooth ride while still getting good depth is important to me since I mainly detect urban areas that have high amounts of EMI.

tabman
February 13, 2016 12:45PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Racer 2 more features and I would say better coils
> and better built. The racer 1 is about as good as
> my deus but the deus can be programmed...now with
> the racer 2 you have more programming not what the
> deus has but more than the racer 1. Is it better I
> can say it's better than the f19 for relic
> hunting..

It sounds like the Racer has a super fast recovery speed if it can keep up with the Deus and F19 relic hunting. A fast recovery speed while at the same time getting good depth would be something that's worth looking into, if that's the case. My F75-DST has a fast recovery speed setting, but loses depth and is more sensitive to EMI when in the fast mode.

tabman
February 13, 2016 02:16PM
I actually have both.

What will Racer offer/do over DST unit.

In and around iron, carpets of nails the Racer 1 shines.

Both detectors with small coil attached have similar depth.
With stock coil DST unit has the edge.

Probably the worst thing about Racer 1 is lack of tones-- meaning when in 2 tone-- deepest mode,,, an op has no way to pick and choose targets.

F75dst unit does offer multi tones to help with picking out targets.
DST unit IMO handles emi better--- assuming you are running both detectors hot

In cleaner sites free of a lot of nails/ iron-- F75dst probably better choice

The Racer1,,, when trying to separate in modern trash say using 3 tone. High conductors can provide both high and mid tones when nestled in amongst low conductors. The detector will see more targets coil size for coil size--- meaning provide tone indicating nonferrous-- be it high tone in 2tone or mid or high tone using 3 tone.

I give the edge to performance in mineral to Racer 1.

The bottom line is. Since you already have DST unit, unless your sites are riddled with nails and iron stay with your F75dst.

Now the up and coming Racer 2. With it's added features over Racer 1---- Sounds like to me you would definitely overall be getting a leg up so to speak.
But I would like to see some actual in ground depth test on some coins, etc on undisturbed targets.
February 13, 2016 02:23PM
I have the F75SE with the DST upgrade. I have the original Racer. It is my experience that the Racer finds stuff that the F75 (and other machines) did not find when over the same ground.
Both are excellent machines, but the Racer is my GO TO machine when things are tough. I think it is the open audio gate and the blendy, bleedy tones that Keith Southern and other knowledgeable posters on this forum speak of that tips the balance in favor of the Racer for pulling good stuff out of well hunted sites.
In the end, it is the individual hunter who must decide/conclude which of his detectors does the better job at a given site. One thing's for sure, if you don't try the Racer (1 or 2), you'll never know what it can do for you in your sites.
The 5x10 coil is the single best all around coil for the Racer, IMO. It's solid and works well in stubble. Its narrow width gets into tight areas well, and it doubles as an excellent searching coil for covering ground, and also for bearing down in thick signal patches and searching for those good targets amongst iron and trash.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 13, 2016 05:44PM
Thanks everyone. I'm interested to see how the Racer 2 does when it gets in the hands of more users and if there are any bugs that need to be worked out.

tabman