Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

R2 and a little acreage

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
R2 and a little acreage
February 24, 2016 03:00AM
Well I threw my hat into the pot and ordered the R2 Pro pack. Hopefully it gets here before the spring thaw here in Michigan. I'm excited about this one. I'm hoping it will be a keeper for the iron pits!

On another note, our offer was recently accepted on a house. We have been patiently waiting for the right time (8 years), and of course, the right property to become available. We are fortunate enough to have purchased a 5 bedroom, 1 bath (eek!) home. After doing a little research, I was excited to see this home on the oldest map I can find of the area, which really isn't that old (1875), but I'll take it! We were lucky enough to acquire 30 of the original 40 acre plot. There is at least one other foundation on the property for future investigation. Aside from being sound, I found that the home has excellent character with ax hewn floor joists, hardwood floors maintained throughout, 10' ceilings, and an immaculate all stone foundation. My initial (brief) research shows the original owner was a member of the freemasons and a horticultural society. I don't expect to find anything crazy good, but it will be nice to finally start a coin garden for testing.

Now we need spring weather and the Racer so I can detect it!!
Re: R2 and a little acreage
February 24, 2016 03:05AM
It sounds amazing! I hope you find some great items on the property. Congratulations!
February 24, 2016 03:33AM
From my experiences with Racer 1 and looking at Racer 2 video,, Travis I think you will be pleased.
February 24, 2016 04:45AM
Nothing like hunting in your own backyard. If you find a few relics I would hunt over and over again. You will find hot spots but also when it rains iron wakes up and you can find some relics you may have missed. I found a old late1800s lock that way

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 24, 2016 10:10AM
Congrats on your new (old) home and property. When is the forum hunt scheduled?

Tom
February 24, 2016 11:59AM
Love it! I can hear/see it now.....

Setting; triplehooked running from the settlement table after he signed 500 papers, yelling over his shoulder - Honey! I need to rent a big sifter and a skid- steer. The property is in dire need to be scraped. If you can put up with some dirt moving for a year, two at the most,,,that'd be great, thanks hon, heading to the rental store. Oh yea, the Realtor will give you a lift and the moving guys will need to be managed, thanks again, see yaaaa!.

Old homes from the 17-1800's are sweet, congrats! There's goodies there, you know it, and I know it.....
February 24, 2016 04:22PM
Ozzie that about sums it up...! Although I'd prefer a small dozer..lol. I was trying to interest the wife in an old stage coach house from the1830's, but it didn't have enough property for our horses, and is in a high traffic area. THAT would have been cool. ...

Sure Tom, well schedule a group hunt. But we have to discriminate everything but iron to help me cleanup/unmask ....lol.

Hopefully there will be some cool old stuff to dig up, but like you say Lowboy, nothing like hunting your own backyard.
February 24, 2016 10:07PM
Triplehooked....what state will you soon live?, may I ask?
February 24, 2016 11:02PM
Ozzie, I'm in West Michigan. Only moving a short distance from my current residence...