Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
We need keith Southern
April 27, 2011 11:34PM
We need Keith to step up to the plate, He tells it like it is.
Re: We need keith Southern
May 16, 2011 03:53PM
Well we need to know when its fisher coming up with their wireless detector.

I'm extremely happy with my F75, and I dont want to change brands (you know, new tones, new setup...), so I hope in the very near future we can purchase the new Fisher MD that is as good or better than the Deus, which obviously is eating up fishers market, at least here in Europe.

Also it would be really nice to have a good comparison article between it and any other good MD.

The British guys have changed to the Deus, lots of them, because of its incredible unmasking ability around iron

Cheers
Nutria
Re: web sites
May 16, 2011 11:11PM
That's one Bad Azz lookin tector! Very interesting features! All their models looked hot! But FRANCE? Hmmm...

Been swingin' a White's since the 70's - 5 machines, Currently an XLT & Fisher F75 LE - 50,000 finds, 30,000 (or so) keepers. Published in the White's catalog. Always looking for good/decent hunting buds! Get in touch!
May 19, 2011 04:15PM
A short update on my Deus in the turf. Last week my buddy and I hit some local parks.

Well it was a struggle. I think the biggest problem was me and not the Deus.

My buddy with his Minelab SE flagged some deep small signals for me to compare. The Deus did react but with a high VDI of 98. However there were so many signals that were stronger I doubt if I could have found them on my own. I think I was running the sensitivity too high..between 99 and 90. I was getting signals almost every swing. And my brain latches on to the stronger ones not the weaker.

My experience turf hunting is weak. I've done it..with the Fisher F-4 and generally stayed under 4" deep and of course picked up the strongest signals. Our local parks are generally pretty much hard hit (especially by my buddy) so it takes a lot of experience and skill and the highest end detectors to score silver. Clad is not difficult and there's plenty of it but I sure don't want to get on my knees and dig for clad.

So, what I came out of the experience with: Gotta run the sensitivity better..mainly lower until I can acclimatise ...and need to desperately go out there and hunt, hunt, hunt. My buddy is a MASTER with his Minelab SE..came out of the 3 hour hunt with 2 silver dimes and 10 wheats and a few odds and ends...me? Came home with a 1978 cent that was 9" deep and I was sure was something amazing.

I've been practicing with the Deus on the beach and it really shines there. My original problem with small foil is gone. I discrim'd at 33 and eliminated the majority. The ones that come through I've trained my ear to recognize them by their smaller mass and rougher response. I'm learning that most of the sweet sounding 98's are deep "good" things. [at 18K frequency my VDI's are cent 85, dime 91, quarter 94 all +/- about 2 or 3].

First good beach find was a platinum ring a couple weeks ago. unfortunately for me it was a lost ring found for the owner...good for him bad for me.

THEN finally last week (16th) got my 1st non junk ring. A 925 peace ring.

Yesterday (18th) finally got my gold.... a 14K wedding band.

HH Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 05:51PM by DrJoeprime.
Dr.Joe.........Re: XP DEUS
May 19, 2011 06:00PM
Very, very nice.smiling smiley Ya picked up a deuce of rings with the Deus.
April 30, 2012 04:50PM
You may be aware that there is a Deus Lite !! what that is, if you dont know, its the the coil the shaft and the wireless headphones which will give you the ability to use the headphones as an alternative to the control box ,you would be able to use all the pre set programs and make adjustments all most the same as having the control box,,, but of course it would not be quite the same as you would need to keep taking the phones off to alter or change programs or adjust, and you wont get the same information on the headphone display as you would on the control box , but this combination is selling well here in the uk and it brings the price down from£1250 to £849 , and of course if you want to get the control box later the option is there , but if you do the maths its not such a deal as the control box alone as separate is £500
A good way to buy this machine is if two of you share the costs then buy a spare coil maybe the larger one which you could attach to a sovereign shaft , you marry up one coil to the head phones and the other to the control box , you could buy an XP shaft, what ever suits , but this is being done over here in the UK ,be good for husband and wife team may be,,hope this helps ...............