Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

It's Like..

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
It's Like..
March 17, 2016 06:43PM
Cheating

click to embiggen

Took the R2 out for its trial run and my first time usng a Nokta/Makro detector. Hit an old homestead where the finds have been getting thinner over the years. Was ecstastic with the number of non-ferrous targets found. Sens 85, 3 tone, ID filter 0, notch 0, tone break10 & 63, iron audio 3 and using the 5.5x10 coil. Only hunted for a couple of hours due to the 38 deg temp and gusting winds. Hard to hear over the wind at times even with headphones.

HH
Tom
Re: It's Like..
March 17, 2016 07:47PM
Nice Tom. Lots of targets still.
March 17, 2016 08:37PM
Nice, cheating or not I'd continue using the R2 seems like it is working great!

Thanks for sharing,
Paul
March 17, 2016 10:50PM
Old California Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice, cheating or not I'd continue using the R2
> seems like it is working great!
>
> Thanks for sharing,
> Paul

Paul

I had all but given up on finding anything more in the iron at this site. The R2 is simply amazing. Leaps and bounds above. Some of the lower conductors were dragged right down to the iron range but sang out loud and clear. The lamp part and alum whatsit above it being high conductive should not have been there after all the machines that have passed over them. They were so obviously good targets that I just shook my head in disbelief.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2016 10:50PM by Jackpine.
March 17, 2016 11:48PM
Thanks Tom for the added information, OK then I'll have to get one. Near future on course, need to sell off some equipment first.

Thanks Tom!
Paul
March 18, 2016 12:45AM
Tom Welcome to the New REALITY,

Nice Digs..

Yes Iv'e been saying for a Year now its like cheating..But you have to see it to believe it..

Its like a Non Skilled Novice can pick up a Racer and hunt with a seasoned hunter who Knows how to get the most out of his machine..and Outdo him if there's a lot of Iron around LOL!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 18, 2016 02:42AM
hi keith!
is it "just" the iron?..or does the racer 2 hunt the"modern" trash in
parks with the same results?..it would seem that modern trash is hardly mentioned,
as it's mostly iron that gets the "press!"..there are many detectors that are "good" in iron,however in
a "ton" of public places,it is the modern junk that truly presents the stronger ''challenge!"
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2016 02:43AM by jmaryt.
March 18, 2016 02:47AM
Nice hunt Tom
HH
Corey
March 18, 2016 02:53AM
It hunts well in modern trash..

But I would use my ears more than My eyes for I.D.

The audio is everything for getting the goodies missed by others.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 18, 2016 05:26PM
Thanks everyone

Off to hit two one room school houses. One has been hit by everybody and their brother, the other just by myself and years ago by the present owners father.