Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Chasing a " Dream "

Posted by woodchiphustler 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Chasing a " Dream "
April 23, 2018 01:29PM
Like sand saves for pars and dogs that chase cars one day the luck will run out. The way I feel at times in my quest to find the perfect detector for my needs. Is anyone really wrong in their pursuit? No. Has anyone been right?
Re: Chasing a " Dream "
April 23, 2018 01:35PM
We may be Right at the moment----until the Next Best Thing is released--then the cycle repeats it's self.
April 23, 2018 01:47PM
Hard to tell as you change like the average guy changes shorts...
April 23, 2018 01:49PM
truthfully, I have given this a lot of thought. This hobby is very much like gambling. The feel of being right which is akin to winning, is a powerful motivator and simulator of the brain.

That is why some people fight so hard to be proven right. If I go out and don't find "something" I consider hard to find, I feel the hunt is a failure.

Case in point, Saturday's hunt was exactly that until I "forced" a change to make it a success. It was so weird. I will post on this later.
April 23, 2018 02:07PM
You mean the Mighty Nox was not everything You dreamed about in Your deepest fantasy? Say it ain't so.
April 23, 2018 02:45PM
Or are you saying you have one now that comes close
April 23, 2018 02:51PM
That's part of the fun ...... chasing. If they ever came up with a detector that did it all it would take the fun out of chasing them. Case and point I use to love to by fishing gear and over the years I have climbed the ladder to the best stuff money can buy. Shopping for tackle used to be fun and the dream of having better always kept me going. Well now that I got the best money can buy it took that fun part of my fishing away. I think the same thing would happen for George if he found it.....that part of his detecting fun would be gone. BTW mine too...
April 23, 2018 03:23PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hard to tell as you change like the average guy ch
> anges shorts...

I use " Depends" now. "Depends" on the detector I'm using.
April 23, 2018 03:46PM
Not derogatory by any means as used over 100 myself in 25 yrs. plus...
April 23, 2018 03:52PM
Hey Dan, How many of them were CZs. Ha!
April 23, 2018 04:27PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not derogatory by any means as used over 100 mysel
> f in 25 yrs. plus...

Never felt that Dan.