Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DrTones Equinox vs Deus Video spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DrTones Equinox vs Deus Video spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 29, 2018 09:20PM
Enjoy!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 09:20PM by Cal_cobra.
Re: DrTones Equinox vs Deus Video spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 29, 2018 09:29PM
Gee I wonder how this one will turn out? Ha
April 29, 2018 09:34PM
To be honest, I haven't even watched it, but I knew you would love it Harold eye popping smiley
April 29, 2018 09:37PM
I was on the edge of My seat wondering which Detector would be able to find the target.
April 29, 2018 10:40PM
I lost all respect for the "Dr." after seeing his performance at Detectival. This video only reduces that respect.
April 29, 2018 10:59PM
PhDtector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I lost all respect for the "Dr." after seeing his
> performance at Detectival. This video only reduces
> that respect.

Did I miss something?
Dr. Tones gives a Hammered Coin signal to his hunting partner, to help him out and he loses your respect?
I see it much different then you I guess..

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 11:04PM by Cabin Fever.
April 29, 2018 11:10PM
You sure do.
Re: DrTones Equinox vs Deus Video smiling bouncing smiley
April 30, 2018 01:07AM
Yep it can happen.

Been there and done that.
April 30, 2018 01:14AM
PhDtector Wrote:
> I lost all respect for the "Dr." after seeing his
> performance at Detectival. This video only reduces
> that respect.

What exactly did he do in this video to " reduce your respect"? Jeez, he turns his buddy on to a hammered coin. For some wierd reason that earns respect from me. Call me crazy.

Dean
April 30, 2018 02:10AM
I would have won a bet as to which negative people I was gonna find posting in this tread. Not all have shown up yet but I'm sure they eventually will.

When the lights go out, the roaches come out and this place has a severe infestation of them here lately. They think they are funny and cute by crawling into every Equinox thread and spreading their filth and stirring the pot. My favorite ones are the ones that say "I don't own one but....". Well you don't own one so that's the end of story, no but to it. But but but my buddy's friend's sister's boyfriend has one and he said...
April 30, 2018 02:12AM
Phdetector- I’m curious as to what “performance” you’re referring to? Was it the part when I described a cool new multi frequency detector we’d been working on that was fast, waterproof, lightweight, wireless AND affordable? Sorry for the bad news. Gah, I hate when those types of things are announced. I especially hate the ignorant people who have to break the news?? Maybe it was because I made a few decent finds while I was there? I’ve been pretty open about my “performance” while I was there, why don’t you enlighten us about how we can all do better? A lot of people have been wanting a real world comparison. This just happened to be a place where a multi frequency machine excelled because of the conditions. My friend (who I’d literally met three days before that was filmed) had an Equinox at home. He chose not to bring it because he wasn’t comfortable with his knowledge of the machine yet. He’s very competent with the Deus, so that’s what he chose to bring. I watched him dig coke all day long. I suppose I could’ve done the selfish thing by never calling him over? Never teaching him what to listen for or letting him keep the coin after it was dug? Btw... he gave it back later in the day after he made his own finds and thanked me. Know why? Because this hobby is about having fun!!!! I want people to enjoy themselves regardless of what machine they’re swinging! I don’t get off on feeling like I’m better than so and so. It’s not what it’s about. But when I have an opportunity to share something I believe in, I will! And you can’t tell me with a straight face that you can tell the difference between coke and a possible cut hammered on the Deus. If you do, I’ll tell you with a straight face that you’re missing things. Would it have helped if he was using the HF coil on the dues? Sure! Would I have hit the target equally as well without having to drop five hundred bucks on a single frequency coil? Yup.
My luggage got lost by the airline and I was lucky enough to borrow an AT pro until my machine arrived (which I’ve also owned). Coke magnet. 38 on the TID. A little scratchy and a little jumpy... Can you predict it’s coke? Sure. And most of the time you’re right. But do you really wanna risk it? And yes, I own a Deus. Yes I’ve hunted in England with it. Yes. I was equally as frustrated digging coke. The CTX and the Equinox fly over it and through it. But now you can do it for $649 and not $2300. Let’s talk about that performance? Show me a better, affordable machine that’s easier to use and I’ll use it.
I sell ALL major brands. The only thing I get compensation from Minelab for is doing the occasional treasure talk blog for their website. And trust me, it ain’t enough to make me loyal. I’ve had waaaaaaay better offers from other manufacturers. I don’t get some sort of bonus for selling a Minelab. What makes me a fan is that Minelab continues to make superior performers. If you told me you were going to hunt in a coke infested area I’d sell you an equinox over a Deus in a heart beat. And guess what? I’d be losing money by doing it. Just trying to give you all a straight up “here’s what happened” kinda dig. Whatever machine you use, just learn it to the best of your ability and have fun. I don’t know everything about detecting and have never claimed to. But I’ll share what I know if I think it will help. Sweet mother Mary soooooo many eff bombs I want to drop on this right now.
April 30, 2018 02:48AM
Well for the record I am a Minelab fan as have had a Etrac since day one. Also had the Explorer models. But never could bond with them like the Etrac. I had one of the first run from Ireland and Had 4 since with a Ireland made one I have now. That's Years using them not months like some. I also like analog CZs been using them for 20 Years. Not buy one and try it for a month and call it a Dinosaur. The thing that got Me was before the Nox even hit the market You hear all the claims it will replace the CTX and Etrac. And how they can I.D. Deeper at depth and so on. And I just have not seen it. But it's faster and better in iron I will give it that. But like I said I am a Deep coin Hunter so I am willing to trade speed for depth.
It would have been nice if they actually waited till it been out for awhile to prove such claims is all.
April 30, 2018 02:51AM
Point taken Harold and I agree. As for the Irish E-Trac, that’s a deeeep one
April 30, 2018 06:15AM
Well said Brandon. BTW I watched your longer version of the hoard video, great stuff, can't wait to detect in England, and that was a first class act to clue your new found friend in on what he should be listening for. We've all been there, and once you click with the environment, you're off to the races, and sure you could've been selfish and hoovered up all the hammies for yourself and taught those Dues users that the Nox has it's place, but good on you for being a stand up person and helping someone tune in thumbs down At the end of the day, it's about the enjoyment and memory making.

We're all grassed in out here in California thumbs up Might have to take up salt water beach detecting until the fall/winter when I can hit my relic sites, I've heard rumors that the EQ800 does a decent job at the beach eye popping smiley
April 30, 2018 06:32AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I would have won a bet as to which negative people
> I was gonna find posting in this tread. Not all h
> ave shown up yet but I'm sure they eventually will
> .
>
> When the lights go out, the roaches come out and t
> his place has a severe infestation of them here la
> tely. They think they are funny and cute by crawl
> ing into every Equinox thread and spreading their
> filth and stirring the pot. My favorite ones are
> the ones that say "I don't own one but....". Well
> you don't own one so that's the end of story, no b
> ut to it. But but but my buddy's friend's sister's
> boyfriend has one and he said...

Ain't that the truth. I'd rather just talk about detecting and finds. I had a couple good ones today.
April 30, 2018 06:42AM
Some of my fields are coke infested, and the Deus does love it. On played out sites, a piece of coke @6" can sound very like a small deep silver hammered, a nightmare if your chasing deep whisper signals.
With some vlf machines I've used you can ID the bigger shallow pieces of coke on screen or by audio probably 80% of the time, but deep coke in wet mineralised soil is no fun!
April 30, 2018 08:20AM
Dr. Tones,

Well I went back and carefully reviewed the Detectival video I was talking about and did it several times. This time I did not see what I thought I saw earlier. It was a pretty subtle thing. So.... I owe you (and the others) an apology. Irresponsible of me.

BTW: I own a Deus, a CTX, and an EQ 800.
April 30, 2018 09:59AM
I don't know much about hunting in GB, but it seems to me that the gentleman with the Deus needs more practice with his machine and pinpointer.
April 30, 2018 01:04PM
I don't remember digging a hammered on pasture that didn't sound scratchy with the Deus.
I've just recently started carrying a hammered penny to check my ground filter setting on my Signum on site before a hunt. You'd be surprised at how hard it is for the Deus with 11 coil to hit it at 7 inch, if your settings aren't optimal you'll easily miss it, i just don't rate it on pasture.
I'd doubt though that the coke was making it a scratchy signal as it doesn't mask like iron, on most machines i've had you could disc the coke and still hit a hammered below in a test, it's when it's deep and wet is the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2018 01:05PM by ghound.
April 30, 2018 01:10PM
I find it amusing that on the Deus Facebook groups lots of ''expert'' Deus users claim they can tell coke and never dig it when asked what the secret to not digging it was they say its in the tones i sure never learnt that skill with my Deus and my few thousand hours with it maybe i need a Bionic ear.
April 30, 2018 03:47PM
PhDtector- I was also wrong about you. It takes a big person to apologize and admit wrongdoing on a public forum. You have my respect. I’d also like to apologize for being so defensive and nasty. It’s tough for me sometimes to read others opinions of me (wrong or right). There are days when I have the best hunt of my life and post a video of it that I’ve worked on for days (through the night because that’s the only time I have to do it) and then I post the video, thinking I’ll help someone. Instead I’m met with trolls ripping me apart, calling me fake, ignorant, pompous, fat, old.... blah blah blah. It’s a real buzzkill. Flip side of that coin is there’s a lot of people out there that support the channel and say really nice things to help keep me going. I tell myself I won’t read comments so I can avoid he negativity, but I like to interact with the people in the hobby so I kinda just have to suck it up and deal with the hate. I can’t say I blame a lot of the naysayers though. They don’t know me personally and think I’m just a doucher. I’m very passionate about saving history and that passion can sometimes cause me to lash out. For that I apologize. If I make back to Detectival this year, I’ll buy ya a beer smileys with beer
April 30, 2018 04:08PM
Well, to be honest, my dad and I hunt together he has a Deus I have the Nox. He couldn't tell bottle caps and I could. So there are drawbacks there.

Dr. Tones videos are entertaining. It's just like watching a TV show. Which to me, puts this in the entertainment category, rather than the learning category. Which isn't a bad thing. Just a notable difference to me.
April 30, 2018 04:11PM
I would definitely categorize my videos as entertainment with some tips and tricks sprinkled in here and there. If I see a learning opportunity in the field, I will ! usually take the time to film it. But I don’t go out of my way to do tutorial videos. To me those are the equivalent of reading a users manual or watching a corporate video. But if I can entertain and educate on occasion I will gladly do so. I’m glad that there are there is making tutorial videos because I suck at it!
April 30, 2018 04:44PM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
> I would definitely categorize my videos as enterta
> inment with some tips and tricks sprinkled in here
> and there. If I see a learning opportunity in the
> field, I will ! usually take the time to film it.
> But I don’t go out of my way to do tutorial videos
> . To me those are the equivalent of reading a user
> s manual or watching a corporate video. But if I c
> an entertain and educate on occasion I will gladly
> do so. I’m glad that there are there is making tut
> orial videos because I suck at it!

I watched your medieval hoard one it was funny when you interrupted yourself. Pretty clever. I too produce some videos and I try to keep production and polish low, but that's just me.
April 30, 2018 05:38PM
I am mostly following at a distance with a few posts here and there. Just want to say to Brandon- "Its the pioneers that get the arrows!" Thanks for taking the lead. You could grow potatoes with the crap you got over the Hawaii video alone. Some need to switch to decaf (yuck). smileys with beer

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 30, 2018 05:58PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> Just want to say to Brandon- " Its the pioneers that get the arrows!" Thanks for taking the lead. You could grow potatoes with the crap you got over the Hawaii video alone. Some need to switch to decaf (yuck). smileys with beer

Lest we not forget about the "cut" Detectival video that resulted in the Uncut version being posted drinking smiley
April 30, 2018 06:03PM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
> PhDtector- I was also wrong about you. It takes a
> big person to apologize and admit wrongdoing on a
> public forum. You have my respect. I’d also like t
> o apologize for being so defensive and nasty. It’s
> tough for me sometimes to read others opinions of
> me (wrong or right). There are days when I have th
> e best hunt of my life and post a video of it that
> I’ve worked on for days (through the night because
> that’s the only time I have to do it) and then I p
> ost the video, thinking I’ll help someone. Instead
> I’m met with trolls ripping me apart, calling me f
> ake, ignorant, pompous, fat, old.... blah blah bla
> h. It’s a real buzzkill. Flip side of that coin is
> there’s a lot of people out there that support the
> channel and say really nice things to help keep me
> going. I tell myself I won’t read comments so I ca
> n avoid he negativity, but I like to interact with
> the people in the hobby so I kinda just have to su
> ck it up and deal with the hate. I can’t say I bla
> me a lot of the naysayers though. They don’t know
> me personally and think I’m just a doucher. I’m ve
> ry passionate about saving history and that passio
> n can sometimes cause me to lash out. For that I a
> pologize. If I make back to Detectival this year,
> I’ll buy ya a beer smileys with beer

I had it coming.
April 30, 2018 06:24PM
Dr.Tones Wrote:
> PhDtector- I was also wrong about you. It takes a
> big person to apologize and admit wrongdoing on a
> public forum. You have my respect. I’d also like t
> o apologize for being so defensive and nasty. It’s
> tough for me sometimes to read others opinions of
> me (wrong or right). There are days when I have th
> e best hunt of my life and post a video of it that
> I’ve worked on for days (through the night because
> that’s the only time I have to do it) and then I p
> ost the video, thinking I’ll help someone. Instead
> I’m met with trolls ripping me apart, calling me f
> ake, ignorant, pompous, fat, old.... blah blah bla
> h.
It’s a real buzzkill. Flip side of that coin is
> there’s a lot of people out there that support the
> channel and say really nice things to help keep me
> going. I tell myself I won’t read comments so I ca
> n avoid he negativity, but I like to interact with
> the people in the hobby so I kinda just have to su
> ck it up and deal with the hate. I can’t say I bla
> me a lot of the naysayers though. They don’t know
> me personally and think I’m just a doucher. I’m ve
> ry passionate about saving history and that passio
> n can sometimes cause me to lash out. For that I a
> pologize. If I make back to Detectival this year,
> I’ll buy ya a beer smileys with beer

I wish I had that kind of negativity! I get a handful of views and mostly silence.
April 30, 2018 06:29PM
“Pioneers that get the arrows” I like that! Why have I NEVER heard that??!! Totally made my day! No trouble growing potatoes here... Idaho winking smiley
April 30, 2018 06:52PM
Cal-Cobra, when are you going to give up and simply get an Explorer ? grinning smiley haha (just ribbing you)

Got out with a fellow, who has the 600, last night for an hour at a turfed park. He could hear anything I pointed out to him. Even had him pull out his headphone jack so I could hear what he was hearing. And for sure it was concise beeps over 7 to 8" deep wheatie type signals. Good clear TID that reported them as high conductors, etc.... Didn't have a ton of time or a lot of signals to compare with . But for the time we were there, it seemed to *at least* be a step sideways from what the Explorer could do . Which isn't a bad thing, but ... just sayin' .... didn't seem to go deeper or do anything different.

We had tried it on the dry sand , and it was doing every bit as good as a CTX and my explorer. And, of course, if the user elected to, could effortlessly do micro-jewelry if someone chose to. Whereas the CTX and the explorer would not be able to get grain-of-rice type stuff.