Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus hunt 5-14-2016. With pics and commentary

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus hunt 5-14-2016. With pics and commentary
May 15, 2016 01:47AM
Headed out on a hunt thi afternoon,,pretty late,,super cool here for time of year,,and NW wind a howling but did lay as the afternoon passed.

Ground conditions wet--- 4-5" of rain approx 72 hours ago.

Site description-- old site dates back to 1700-1800s,, iron and nail city,,,looks to be around 2 acres of this heavy iron with few if any breaks as far as density.

Deus with 9" coil,,,settings 18khz, O disc full tone,,reactivity 3 ( except for a few scenarios) will comment on this, silencer -1, sens 95, tx power=2
Vance headphones-- I love them for windy days!!!

Probably my best hunt to date overall with Deus in iron/ nail site-- this not based so much on my finds,,but I actually got to see the Deus react moreso in multiple ways while responding to nonferrous targets on a single hunt-- definitely not the norm at least for me.

You will see the first pic posted below,,, I do have another pic topost as well with a button find ( with colocated iron) I want to show and talk about a little.

First I should say this,,and I don't mean to start anything controversial wise by stating,,,but saying a site is hard hunted is only a " relative" term,, meaning if a person just says this and doesn't maybe state a certain brand model in conjunction with this term " hard hunted" means very little,,,at least the way I see it.

First a person will notice the 2 bigger iron relics,,I dug these knowing they were most likely iron,, I do most of the time use the following guidelines when selecting a lot of times which iron signals I dig.

If a signal gives iron wrap signal signal on a 2 way hit,,but not a 4 way hit ( after pivoting),, I will usually walk,,,,but 4 way iron wrap,,sometimes I will dig to see what it is.
And the ones depicted did give 4way iron wrap signal.

Now for the nonferrous targets.

A couple were clean hits,,one was a 2 way clean hit but not 4 way clean hit.

When a person is using Deus in a nail/ iron ridden site,,,the mindset should be listen for what I call " leaking targets" ,,,the targets that don't necessarily give a full out tone,,but the leaking smidge of audio that is out of place,,a tone that can be a smidge above freq wise what a nail tone usually sounds like.

I stated I used reactivity 3,, and used 2 sometimes--- sometimes after a person gets what they think is a good target using reactivity 3,,, and they dig a little dirt,,and then sweep, there target has gone bye bye tone wise,,,target can still be in the ground and out of range of pinpointer as well as Deus with reactivity 3 setting,,,so what I do is change to 2 reactivity and many times your target will come back to life,,and you can continue to dig and retrieve.

Something else I saw today that is a bit of the ordinary when using Deus in patches loaded with iron and nails,,,,most times if I get a nonferrous target tone and I see a meter reading of between 13 and say 41--- most times after target retrieval it will turn out to be a real small piece of nonferrous like a shard of aluminum, brass, etc.
But today actually I got 2 of these that acted like above,,,and yes I was thinking small and really insignificant find wise--- but one turned out to be a button,,the other I think is a shot musket all. For me usually it seems Deus likes to run TID up significantly or run TID down significantly close to iron range,,or give a good reading.

By the way,,,I finally found a piece of clean ground and bobbed the coil-- mineral meter running half scale.

Most of the targets running 5-7" deep.

The pic below,,,shows the massive piece of iron, a square nail, and button.

I was sweeping along and I heard what sounded like an iron wrap signal,,but not quite,,upon pivot,, iron wrap signal moreso gone with just a tinge of a nonferrous target.

As I dug and retrieved the bigger piece of iron,,I was thinking maybe this is what I heard,,then up came the square nail. At that time I thought I had been fooled,,,but swept the the hole and a nice clean signal even reading 72 on the meter appeared. Now I didn't have a tape measure with me,,,but the hunk of iron looked to me to be sitting about 3" off from the button,,and the square nail even closer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2016 02:26AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: XP Deus hunt 5-14-2016. With pics and commentary
May 15, 2016 04:16AM
Very interesting. I really appreciate all of the detailed information you provide when you do your hunts. It gives me more things to try when I'm out. Thanks for the post!
Re: XP Deus hunt 5-14-2016. With pics and commentary
May 15, 2016 04:33AM
Suek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very interesting. I really appreciate all of the
> detailed information you provide when you do your
> hunts. It gives me more things to try when I'm
> out. Thanks for the post!

You are quite welcome.

I hate to see folks baling on any detector,,,when they either lose patience or maybe don't operate it in sites where certain models really show their strengths.

This site is huge,,for a nail ridden site,,I stated 2 acres,,it may be bigger,,I need to progress further than I did today and see.
I am trying to hunt this site as hard and as much as I can--- would like to maybe try the new Deus version and or coil depending on what shakes out.

This would be a very good site for person wanting to learn Deus, Racer 1 and 2,, Nokta CoRe, Gold +, and Nokta Relic detectors---- very little to no modern trash.

If I can eventually find all the ends to this nail pit,,,would like to do some hunting with GPX unit to see maybe what it finds.

If this site were plowed,,,there is no telling how many nonferrous finds that could be found in it--- but I don't see it happening anytime soon by the landowner.

Have found 2 CW buttons in it,,,and one CW bullet in a nearby site--- to my knowledge the only truly identifiable CW relics discovered in this area And this bullet,,I need to post a pic so someone will indentify for me,,it is a bit unusual looking.