Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For sale Minelab equinox 800

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For sale Minelab equinox 800
May 11, 2018 07:56PM
About 20 hours use on it. Head phones never used. $1100 firm Shipped. Lower 48 paypal only Plus 3% or gift No trades, Please send PM if interested.
Re: For sale Minelab equinox 800
May 12, 2018 02:50AM
Too much

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 12, 2018 02:54AM
Robbery!!!
May 12, 2018 03:03AM
Robbery is when you take something that does not belong to you. If someone pays that much for this equinox, it may be desperation or stupidity, but it is not robbery.
May 12, 2018 03:15AM
Shakydigger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robbery is when you take something that does not b
> elong to you. If someone pays that much for this e
> quinox, it may be desperation or stupidity, but it
> is not robbery.

Okay.
You want to play wordsmith.
How about highway robbery.
See definition #2.
[www.merriam-webster.com]

Surely you won't argue with the dictionary. Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 03:16AM by tnsharpshooter.
May 12, 2018 03:31AM
Does it really matter? It is his, and he can do with it what he pleases. He can ask however much he wants. It doesn't mean someone has to pay it if they don't want to, but if they do, then that's their choice too. It's not price gouging like food or medical needs that you have to have to survive...its a toy for a hobby. No big deal. No need to hijack the mans ad.
May 12, 2018 03:50AM
Believe he just sold a ctx for cheap, if you need money for a emergency get what you can get from what assets you have to dispose of, if you can get it. Up to the potential buyer to decide if it's overpriced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 03:54AM by Pedlar mills.
May 12, 2018 11:27AM
It will probably sell for that price....don't think after adding tax on a new one his number isn't that far off.
Beyonder, what machine are you going to detect with?
May 12, 2018 02:33PM
I think it's a little comical actually coming from an individual who lectured the forum on how not leaving every third target in the ground for future detectorists was greedy , not to mention the inconsideration of hunters who remove all the nickels from public parks.

"and MY point was, past generations were uncarring about what the future generations found as they took all the good targets, so why should I be carring about future generations{however i do follow correct proceedures}? having a double-standard cant correct for past greed. its the same thing with all these rich people that made their fortunes destroying the planet..now that they are rich, they are the same ones saying save the planet. if the past didnt scoff up the good stuff, we wouldnt have to dig 24 inche holes. caustic post for sure however it is true. "
May 12, 2018 03:27PM
It's not all that bad!----You would be getting a detector that was owned by the author of some "interesting" posts (including the Conspiracy Theory).winking smiley------If a persons willing to pay the price--then I think it's a good deal (at least for them).smiling smiley
May 12, 2018 04:22PM
"I'm nearly finished field testing my 600 model and it's MINT, I PAID extra to buy 'Bluetooth Headphones', charger and got a full color Instruction Manual printed and I'm selling for less than I paid for just the basic 600: the ' extras' cost me close to 70 bucks"
May 12, 2018 05:45PM
Des D Wrote:
> "I'm nearly finished field testing my 600 model an
> d it's MINT, I PAID extra to buy 'Bluetooth Headph
> ones', charger and got a full color Instruction Ma
> nual printed and I'm selling for less than I paid
> for just the basic 600: the ' extras' cost me clos
> e to 70 bucks"

What are your conclusions on the Nox?
May 12, 2018 06:39PM
Dubious Wrote:
> Des D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "I'm nearly finished field testing my 600 model
> an
> > d it's MINT, I PAID extra to buy 'Bluetooth Head
> ph
> > ones', charger and got a full color Instruction
> Ma
> > nual printed and I'm selling for less than I pai
> d
> > for just the basic 600: the ' extras' cost me cl
> os
> > e to 70 bucks"
>
> What are your conclusions on the Nox?

"Not drawn yet?"
May 12, 2018 08:01PM
shoveler Wrote:
> I think it's a little comical actually coming from
> an individual who lectured the forum on how not le
> aving every third target in the ground for future
> detectorists was greedy , not to mention the incon
> sideration of hunters who remove all the nickels f
> rom public parks.
>
> "and MY point was, past generations were uncarring
> about what the future generations found as they to
> ok all the good targets, so why should I be carrin
> g about future generations{however i do follow cor
> rect proceedures}? having a double-standard cant c
> orrect for past greed. its the same thing with all
> these rich people that made their fortunes destroy
> ing the planet..now that they are rich, they are t
> he same ones saying save the planet. if the past d
> idnt scoff up the good stuff, we wouldnt have to d
> ig 24 inche holes. caustic post for sure however i
> t is true. "

AND selling something I paid for is greedy and robbery? Look up Free Market, supply and demand, and capitalism. When I made that post over 5 years ago, my concern was the depletion of targets for future generations. Since then I have come to realize, not many care about the future generations nor the future of the hobby. The stance of an individual that can't effectivley debate and takes the easy way out is to attack the person's character. I debate issues not people's character. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
May 12, 2018 08:15PM
I got one of the early 800s (d/t we'd pre-ordered way in advance). And within a week of playing with it, decided to flip it. I put it up for auction (not a set "buy it now" price). And it sold for $1200-ish after many bidders drove it up. Was that robbery ? No. It's just what the market was willing to bear, when certain people didn't want to wait on a long waiting list to get one. No fault of mine.

So too is it with Beyonder: If that is what the public is still willing to pay, then .... so be it. If someone doesn't want to buy (and prefers to be on a waiting list), so be it.

Actually, by now, the manufacturing might have caught up with the orders. So perhaps they're no longer fetching that much. But who knows ?
May 12, 2018 08:27PM
Supply and demand. Don’t hear any bold treasure hunters complaining when the price of collector coins, civil war artifacts or gold and silver goes up.

Get over it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 12, 2018 10:24PM
My feelings are if you don't have a horse in the race none of your damn business....human nature at is worst comes to mind...
May 12, 2018 11:36PM
Like Tom in Ca. I saw little reason to keep the 800 but I took the lazy way out instead ,,, didn't want to hassle with shipping and paypal so I sold it for MSRP to a local guy who wanted it and saved him tax and shipping costs. Different strokes..................
May 13, 2018 04:14PM
I'm waiting when the supply of the Nox 800 detectors gets to a point where dealers start discounting them below the MSRP like they normally do with other detectors. It will happen and those who paid way over the MSRP are going to be a bunch of sad puppies. I predict that the Nox 600 detectors are going to take a even bigger drop in price because buyers prefer the Nox 800 detectors a lot more. I'm not going to take a big hit just to tryout a new detector like some have done because they don't have enough willpower to wait. I have enough detectors to play with while I wait. Supply and demand is a wonderful thing! I don't blame anyone for getting the most that they can for a product that they're selling. It's good business.

tabman
May 13, 2018 06:12PM
Just for the record, I paid $525 for an “open box” 600. I turned around and sold my 800 to a pal for MSRP.

Rick Kempf
May 13, 2018 09:54PM
Has the Nox PitchFork Brigade become so control oriented that a man cannot sell His Own Property---perhaps he should donate it "to the chillren".
May 13, 2018 10:08PM
Doc - I love it....”control oriented...”

Rick Kempf
May 14, 2018 03:10AM
Buy 1 get one free ??
May 14, 2018 04:43AM
Reports on the Nox are getting a little more even handed at the same time that more supply is appearing; so, I doubt the "hype" will go on much longer. But, last I checked, the 800 was still selling at above list on ebay. Worth it for those that want the 800 and don't want to wait, I suppose, and isn't really that much more than list if you factor in the tax you would have to pay locally or with the big C.