Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer users.......

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer users.......
June 30, 2016 01:20AM
You guys that have used both the Racer1 & Racer 2: Do you find the R2 to "overload" as much as the R1?---------Thanks
Re: Racer users.......
June 30, 2016 01:27AM
The latest R1 does not Overload like the first R1's...the Latest being R1's with the new angle shaft..

So in that aspect the Newest R2 overloads easier than the Latest R1 but not like the First R1..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 30, 2016 01:51AM
I have hunted with my Racer 2 once so far is a site loaded with iron, some modern trash.

IMO, the overload,,,the way it is set up on Racer 2= perfect,,,,,not too much, but enough to tell you when you are over a bigger target.

Small coil was used.

I used stock coil today doing some testing,,,and it to seems just fine also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 01:53AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 30, 2016 03:25AM
June 30, 2016 03:31AM
Thanks guys.-----I've got a R2 coming that is supposed to be one the latest out/produced R2's.------My dealer couldn't even get one from his dist. till just recently as the distributor was out and the R2's were on backorder.-----Anyway---they finally got them in & one is being sent out to me.------I hope it is easier on the overloads---the earlier R1 (IMO) was to the extreme in that regard.-----Thanks again.-----------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2016 03:33AM by D&P-OR.
June 30, 2016 03:37AM
not an issue with my Racer 2....
June 30, 2016 08:52AM
D&P-OR
You guys that have used both the Racer1 & Racer 2: Do you find the R2 to "overload" as much as the R1?
No, generally not.

Technically, there are only the Racer, the Racer 2 and the Gold Racer. There was no "Racer 1," so to speak, just the 'original' Racer.

The Racer series, like the Nokta FORS series, do have a very hearable 'Overload Audio' response, and the Racer series tends to be more 'pronounced' and 'unique' than that of the FORS series models.

The 'Overload Audio' is activated by the search coil being too close to a smaller-size target, such as a coin or ring, or by there being a larger-size target most of the time, such as a beverage can, lunch-box, handgun, or some other potential target of a similar size in reasonable proximity to the coil.

The 'Overload Audio' can also be enhanced if the search coil used is larger-sized compared with a smaller-size coil. Additionally, the Gain setting will have an influence on the audio 'Overload' response.

I do know that some people have a difficult time learning the 'Overload Audio' and how to deal with it, but there are many of us who have gladly accepted the sparky nature of the Racer series (and FORS series) detectors and how to value having this audio function. It does help when some people realize that the search coil operating height can have a lot to do with how these detectors perform as all of the manuals clearly state the search coils should be operated at approximately 2" off the ground, and often some of the causes for an 'Overload Audio' were due to 'scrubbing' the search coil and encountering surface or near-surface targets of sufficient size.

I enjoy this audio feature on all my Makro and Nokta models and am very satisfied they work as they do to assist in audibly classifying potential target sizes in trashier environments where I spend most of my detecting time.

Monte
June 30, 2016 02:28PM
I had massive overloads on my r2. It was a bad coil. The overload would appear when I angled the coil and made the cord extend. They sent me a new coil after I sent a video, and it works greats.
June 30, 2016 04:38PM
The overload on my racer 1 has found me some cool finds that other detectors might miss do to an overload. It you hunt schools and parks then overload could be tiring but for relic hunting I love it. would like to have a vol control

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 01, 2016 12:56AM
I have a very early Racer and a pre-ordered Racer 2 that came out of the first batch to the U.S. My Racer 2 doesn't overload as easy as the Racer but still overloads pretty easy. After using them both for quite a while now, what initially was a bother, has now become just another tool to use. An example is hunting super trashy park areas with the small coil where I'm just picking coins off or near the surface. Set the gain at 01 and bottle caps will overload but the coins won't 95% of the time.
July 01, 2016 01:24AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a very early Racer and a pre-ordered Racer
> 2 that came out of the first batch to the U.S. My
> Racer 2 doesn't overload as easy as the Racer but
> still overloads pretty easy. After using them both
> for quite a while now, what initially was a
> bother, has now become just another tool to use.
> An example is hunting super trashy park areas with
> the small coil where I'm just picking coins off or
> near the surface. Set the gain at 01 and bottle
> caps will overload but the coins won't 95% of the
> time.

That's very interesting Tom.-----Do you see that same effect (with b.c.'s) when using the 5X10 DD in that scenario?------I'll give that a shot when I get my R2 (probably next week).
July 01, 2016 04:20AM
D&P - You know, I don't think I've tried it with the 5 X 10 coil. When I'm hitting those trashy areas I just always put on the OOR or 5.5 DD. I'll have to try the same setting with the 5 X 10 and see how it works. I'm usually guilty of setting up a couple of detectors than taking them with me and not switching out coils so much, so when I hit a park, it's usually the Racer 2 with the small coil and a DFX with a BigFoot for the less trashy areas. As soon as it cools down around here I'll be heading out with the Cors Shrew coil on the Racer to see how it performs.