Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Wired Earbuds For Deus

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Wired Earbuds For Deus
May 17, 2018 12:28PM
I'd like to get a set that has some passive noise cancelling that fit really well and are sweat proof that I can plug into my puck or module. My full cup headphones are too hot to wear in the summer months and my Backphones have no noise cancelling. I've ordered a couple of sets of earbuds, but I had to send them back because they either overloaded or the volume couldn't be lowered. I do a lot of detecting near busy streets and I need some noise cancelling in the summer months. Surely I'm not the only person on planet earth that needs earbuds with noise cancelling for use during the hot summer months. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

tabman
Re: Wired Earbuds For Deus
May 17, 2018 04:56PM
Bose QC20's @ $299.00 get a good Review (Google it)
May 17, 2018 06:42PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bose QC20's @ $299.00 get a good Review (Google it
> )

You give them try. lol

Surely to God someone out there has used wired earbuds with the Deus.

tabman
May 17, 2018 09:06PM
The earbuds that come with XPs waterproof kit worked quite well for me.
I still carry them with me in my vest as light weight back ups.
May 17, 2018 11:47PM
Xp waterproof kit is 68 bucks, xp headphone adapter 19 bucks I think. Probably work better than anything else.
May 18, 2018 10:46AM
Thanks everyone! I don't need the Deus waterproof kit, just some buds that are sweat-proof, noise cancelling that don't cost an arm and a leg. The search continues.

tabman
May 18, 2018 02:03PM
tabman, order the kit, keep the ear buds, and sell the rest for a little less.
May 18, 2018 06:27PM
I'm totally befuddled that so many people know so little about wired earbuds but know everything in the world about the newly released Equinox. I guess that I'm going to either have to not detect at noisy sites or suck it up and put on my full cup headphones in this miserable heat. Commonsense tells me that there's a HUGE need for noise cancelling earbuds during the hot summer months, especially at noisy sites.

tabman
May 18, 2018 07:34PM
Were you detect in Memphis nothing is going to cancel those radios!!
May 18, 2018 09:37PM
Tabman,

The trick to passive noise cancelling isn't in the earbud...it's in the replaceable tips.

Normally, I'd recommend a single balanced armature driver (as opposed to dynamic drivers) musicians' in-ear monitor/earbud (IEM) that comes with a wide selection of quality tips to choose from, but those tend to be higher end.
(For instance, Westone Audio's musicians' earbuds start at $150.00 and go to the stratosphere from there.)

However...looking at your response to Des...I suspect you may not be interested in spending that much money?

If not, all I could suggest at this point is:
If you find a cheaper pair you like, go to the [www.complyfoam.com] website, and check out the Sport Pro replacement eartips.
They're the 'Gold Standard' in the audio world for passive noise cancelling tips.

Good Luck,
mike

Edit:
BTW, the reason I recommended a balanced armature driver is that they have much more accurate/flatter frequency response (~40Hz to 16kHz), which allows the Deus to sound 'crisper', and more 'accurate' than the typical/cheaper dynamic drivers.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 10:15PM by Mike in CO.
May 18, 2018 10:55PM
Thanks Mike! Now I have to find a brand that works. I've tried a couple of different ones and either they overloaded or the audio didn't sound right. Any suggestions? Am I the only one that has this need?

tabman
May 18, 2018 11:54PM
Not incredibly sweat proof, but my personal goto is the onn earbuds at walmart. So far these 10$ earbuds have been comfortable and all around awesome. And I'm picky.. went through more pairs than I can remember before landing on these.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-Ear-Clips-Headphones-Black/604484426

Not noise canceling though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 11:55PM by Mike C.
May 19, 2018 01:06AM
Mike C Wrote:
> Not incredibly sweat proof, but my personal goto i
> s the onn earbuds at walmart. So far these 10$ ear
> buds have been comfortable and all around awesome.
> And I'm picky.. went through more pairs than I can
> remember before landing on these.
>
> [url=https://www.walmart.com/ip/ONN-Ear-Clips-Head
> phones-Black/604484426]https://www.walmart.com/ip/
> ONN-Ear-Clips-Headphones-Black/604484426[/url]
>
> Not noise canceling though...

Thanks for the info! Have you used them with a Deus metal detector?

tabman
May 19, 2018 03:28AM
Yes plugged into the remote. The audio was good enough for me that I used them through most of the fall last year and at the beach. I love them with the Equinox spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 19, 2018 10:56AM
Mike C Wrote:
> Yes plugged into the remote. The audio was good en
> ough for me that I used them through most of the f
> all last year and at the beach. I love them with t
> he Equinox spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks! Heck they're from Walmart, if I don't like them I can always return them. I really love the color.

tabman