Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I got my CZ-3D back from Tom today!

Posted by Chris Woods 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I got my CZ-3D back from Tom today!
April 13, 2011 03:09AM
I apologize in advance for being long winded but as they say, "The devil is in the detail"

I thought the 3D was good before I sent it to Tom but it had a couple of the tell tale signs of needing a tune up. I'll admit that I can't leave anything alone if I think it is not performing at absolutely 100% so I packed it up and off it went. I shipped it from Knoxville on Tuesday the 5th and got it back today the 12th, talk about good service....

After unpacking it, I left all the knobs where Tom had them (GB 10, Disc 0, Sens ~5) except for the volume knob which I set on 5 and placed it on the coffee table. I know doing this inside is far from the ideal setting but you gotta do what you gotta do. Using a plastic ruler for measurement it nails a clad dime at exactly 12" and the tone is crisp and clear. The target ID is spot on and the unit is unbelievably stable with the sensitivity at 10 indoors or out. Once outside, I fired up my F75 LTD to do a "background noise" comparison and it started chattering like a chipmunk on crack at 42 on the sens. dial.

I then ran the 3D through my "clean" test garden and it performed flawlessly. In addition to the "clean" garden, 16 years ago, my yard was literally a repository for scrap copper, aluminum and Iron which was strewn about and heaped into huge piles. The piles are gone now but as you can imagine the ground is still saturated with "junk" metals. I have buried additional targets in some of the nastier spots and the 3D nailed them all. Granted I know where these targets are but it's the best I can do on a rainy evening after work. Needless to say, I am extremely anxious to get it to some of the old home sites when the weather breaks again.

Thanks again Tom for the fast turn around time and the great work.

Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am an engineer. My job involves explaining things to idiots. Then the idiots make bad decisions based on misinterpreting what I said. Then it is my job to try to fix the massive problems caused by the bad decisions. Eventually, rumors overwhelm facts and I give up. In the final phase I assign blame to an unpopular coworker. So whatever you do in life, don't be unpopular."
Re: I got my CZ-3D back from Tom today!
April 13, 2011 12:29PM
I'm curious if your real-world performance with this CZ-3D......will now.........for some reason...........produce better luck. ((( The only indication you 'might' outwardly experience/have......is....a bit more stability (of which you will only audibly hear) ))). Glad you got the unit back.......safe-n-sound.
Neugene.....Re: I got my CZ-3D back from Tom today!
April 13, 2011 09:56PM
I lmao at your engineer statement........careful that Tom D. doesn't incorporate that in his signature. Sorry Tom, couldn't resistsmiling smiley