Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Kruzer 7" concentric coil vs 5x9.5DD coil VDI of crown cap bottle caps

Posted by pine3874 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kruzer 7" concentric coil vs 5x9.5DD coil VDI of crown cap bottle caps
May 28, 2018 07:14PM
I noticed something very strange when comparing the 7" concentric coil to the 5x9.5 DD coil when it comes to the VDI numbers on crown cap bottle caps(beer) in 3-tone mode. They both give a very distinctive mixed tone sound and jumpy numbers that makes it very easy to tell that it's a crown cap bottle cap, but the VDI of the 7" is in the 30's and the VDI of the 5x9.5" is in the 70's. When it comes to all other targets other than the crown cap bottle caps, the VDI's are pretty much the same with both coils. I've never experienced anything like this on any other detector that I've ever used. Anyone have an explanation?
Re: Kruzer 7" concentric coil vs 5x9.5DD coil VDI of crown cap bottle caps
May 28, 2018 07:21PM
On a Tesoro when using a concentric coil they disc out way lower than when using a DD coil of the same size also.
May 28, 2018 08:49PM
Welgund Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On a Tesoro when using a concentric coil they disc
> out way lower than when using a DD coil of the sam
> e size also.

I was using zero discrimination.
May 28, 2018 09:11PM
The point I was making is they disc out a lot lower with a concentric vs a DD coil. Allowing a hunter to avoid a lot more trash using less disc than with a DD coil because of the design of the coil etc.
May 28, 2018 10:06PM
Ain't gonna beat that 7" concentric for telling you IF it's a steel cap OR rusty flat iron/tin scrap/junk piece thumbs down

That's why I bought one myself = for those type of sites that hold that type of stuff "specifically".

There's more than just "#'s" involved though too = the audio is very telling VS any DD coil