Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport is For Sale again

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MX Sport is For Sale again
August 27, 2016 05:44PM
I have seen that the MX Sport is again being sold. I wish Whites well. If it did well in salt water I would take a look at one. But I'm afraid I'll have to let that up to one of you.
Re: MX Sport is For Sale again
August 27, 2016 06:00PM
Yeah..notice the TDI pro and beach hunter I.D. is gone..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
August 27, 2016 06:41PM
I hope those detectors gone mean new detectors. I hunt salt water beaches and shallow salt water. As far as I am concerned the door is wide open for a great beach detector.
August 27, 2016 08:39PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have seen that the MX Sport is again being sold.
> I wish Whites well. If it did well in salt water I
> would take a look at one. But I'm afraid I'll have
> to let that up to one of you.

Check back in on that detector in one year (JMHO)!
August 27, 2016 09:41PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yeah..notice the TDI pro and beach hunter I.D. is
> gone..
>
> Keith

Yep the TDI Pro has been gone for about 5 months and the BH has been gone for about 2 or 3 months, also some of the Coils for the MXT and GMT are missing.

I hope the MXT stays for a long time yet, but because some of the coils are missing I think they are trying to replace it with the MXS, But no matter what it will not replace the MXT for the people who know the machine, Not to mention the Legacy and History of the MXT. Regardless of who brings what out, you can't buy History.

John.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2016 11:56PM by auminesweeper.
August 28, 2016 01:22PM
I laid low while Whites went through their "out of stock" repairs. I'm hoping they worked all the bugs out? The issue I have is Boykin and Howard have been pretty silent through all of this. No updates. No hype on re-release. No nothing. My guess is that the machine will perform as before based on the Crickets we've heard from Whites.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
August 28, 2016 01:23PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have seen that the MX Sport is again being
> sold.
> > I wish Whites well. If it did well in salt water
> I
> > would take a look at one. But I'm afraid I'll
> have
> > to let that up to one of you.
>
>
> Check back in on that detector in one year (JMHO)!

YGNHO

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
August 28, 2016 08:24PM
I would think they would at least tell us what they fixed if anything.
August 29, 2016 03:37PM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting much on here. I wanted to wait until we had definitive news instead of "still working on it." It's really important to me that we have a quality product, something that all White's fans can be proud of. Getting a fix has taken all hands on deck here, will have more info soon.
August 29, 2016 11:17PM
tboykin Wrote:
> Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting much on
> here. I wanted to wait until we had definitive
> news instead of "still working on it." It's really
> important to me that we have a quality product,
> something that all White's fans can be proud of.
> Getting a fix has taken all hands on deck here,
> will have more info soon.

You are currently selling the updated machine,but you "have to get back to us with details"---ok,I guess.
August 29, 2016 11:54PM
tboykin Wrote:
Not sure I get the point here? You really said nothing. To me it looks like you're "still working on it" We've basically left you and Whites be while the "fix" was on. Then you start selling the machines without a whisper. To me this smells like a burnt resister...................

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
August 30, 2016 09:38PM
tboykin Wrote:

Last time you were here you mentioned something about 'official announcement' - how is that coming along?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
August 30, 2016 11:25PM
We made an announcement to our dealers, distributors, and it was well received for the most part. Lucky to have such a forgiving group of folks out there, but not wise to test their grace too much!

Not sure where you guys got the information that we turned production back on for the MX Sport. Still working on the fix, I will let you know when we are back up. We need to be 100% before the assembly line starts back up.

Speaking of... who posted this? Where did this info come from? Not the factory! Even here it's still listed as "Out of Stock" ---- [www.whiteselectronics.com]

Sorry I have been absent, trying to get stuff done ....

To be 100% clear, production of the MX Sport is not back up at this moment. Will update you when I have more info (soon I hope!)
August 30, 2016 11:31PM
Maybe should add some clarification - I think I found the thread by Keith Southern about getting a new MX Sport. It has likely been upgraded by repair (hand-assembled). Not fresh off the assembly line, but retro-fitted with the upgraded parts in the repair shop. That's not the same as full-scale production, which requires a more complicated process to turn out a large volume of units vs. hand-repairing ones that come back. I will PM him for further details to get more info...
August 31, 2016 12:42AM
Mr Boykin,

This has been the whole problem all along.

How do folks differentiate between units???

Also,,,,your phrase above about getting a fix,,,could be misconstrued,,,how about " work still in progress".

And is there an estimated time in commission??

This is the reason I haven't sent in my unit with cracks,,,yet.

And the op of this thread,,,said MX sport was back in production,,,,yet you post here,,,and never said a ward in your first post,,,then come back later and say it seems NO it isn't.

And just exactly which part(s) of the detector,,is work still in progress as far as not being ready for full assembly line prduction???

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 01:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 31, 2016 12:42AM
tboykin Wrote:
> Maybe should add some clarification - I think I
> found the thread by Keith Southern about getting a
> new MX Sport. It has likely been upgraded by
> repair (hand-assembled). Not fresh off the
> assembly line, but retro-fitted with the upgraded
> parts in the repair shop. That's not the same as
> full-scale production, which requires a more
> complicated process to turn out a large volume of
> units vs. hand-repairing ones that come back. I
> will PM him for further details to get more
> info...

And you and I are Gonna Have Words.
August 31, 2016 02:19AM
What a mess! I tried! I am officially done forever about this darn model. confused smiley
August 31, 2016 03:23AM
I wouldn't touch a MXS with a ten foot pole after reading the White's debacle on this. I'll take my chances with broken coil ears...
August 31, 2016 03:25AM
goodmore Wrote:
> What a mess! I tried! I am officially done forever
> about this darn model. confused smiley

Despite all the wars that have waged over this machine, I think we should give em the space to get things on track, I have given up arguing the right and wrongs and I have been told that they are doing everything at Whites to make changes all round and not just the machine, So expect a better more open type of Whites, Even on their forum there has been talk of more freedom of speech as long as it is done in a respectful manor so good luck to them,

I have to give them the benefit of the doubt because they are making an effort and addressing everything and that is a good thing.

John.
August 31, 2016 03:37AM
auminesweeper Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> -----
> > What a mess! I tried! I am officially done
> forever
> > about this darn model. confused smiley
>
> Despite all the wars that have waged over this
> machine, I think we should give em the space to
> get things on track, I have given up arguing the
> right and wrongs and I have been told that they
> are doing everything at Whites to make changes all
> round and not just the machine, So expect a better
> more open type of Whites, Even on their forum
> there has been talk of more freedom of speech as
> long as it is done in a respectful manor so good
> luck to them,
>
> I have to give them the benefit of the doubt
> because they are making an effort and addressing
> everything and that is a good thing.
>
> John.

I hope they are getting their act together as far as this detector.

Here is what I don't understand.

This White's rep Mr Boykin,,,,

If he indeed has information,,,to update owners and potential buyers of this model detector....by ALL MEANS,,,he should start his own thread and tell us.

Now if they want to go into another person's thread and debunk or clarify things,,,they can do this too.

This style here,,,seems to resemble more Ring around the Rosey that is being utilized.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 03:42AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 31, 2016 04:04AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> auminesweeper Wrote:
> -----
> > goodmore Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > What a mess! I tried! I am officially done
> > forever
> > > about this darn model. confused smiley
> >
> > Despite all the wars that have waged over this
> > machine, I think we should give em the space to
> > get things on track, I have given up arguing
> the
> > right and wrongs and I have been told that they
> > are doing everything at Whites to make changes
> all
> > round and not just the machine, So expect a
> better
> > more open type of Whites, Even on their forum
> > there has been talk of more freedom of speech
> as
> > long as it is done in a respectful manor so
> good
> > luck to them,
> >
> > I have to give them the benefit of the doubt
> > because they are making an effort and
> addressing
> > everything and that is a good thing.
> >
> > John.
>
> I hope they are getting their act together as far
> as this detector.
>
> Here is what I don't understand.
>
> This White's rep Mr Boykin,,,,
>
> If he indeed has information,,,to update owners
> and potential buyers of this model detector....by
> ALL MEANS,,,he should start his own thread and
> tell us.
>
> Now if they want to go into another person's
> thread and debunk or clarify things,,,they can do
> this too.
>
> This style here,,,seems to resemble more Ring
> around the Rosey that is being utilized.

He won't post much info here Due to the fact people don't let him get away with much, And he plays over on d&p Forum, So I will just leave it at that.

John.
August 31, 2016 09:42AM
I am confused too. Richard @ Backwoods Detectors posted over on Findmall's classifieds that he has in stock, fresh from the factory, MX Sports, that were shipped this week. He posted it on the 26th.

Somebody has their wires crossed some where.
August 31, 2016 10:27AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> I am confused too. Richard @ Backwoods Detectors
> posted over on Findmall's classifieds that he has
> in stock, fresh from the factory, MX Sports, that
> were shipped this week. He posted it on the 26th.
>
>
> Somebody has their wires crossed some where.

Yep and I have found 2 dealers selling them to, as to why I don't know but I am waiting for a reply.

John.
August 31, 2016 12:09PM
Wonder if the" handmade" ones,,,,should they sell for more at a used price vs the seems hit and miss production units???

You just can't make this stuff up.

And to think we are in the 21 st century now.

This unit should have been recalled and either shxtcanned,,or completely been redesigned, or just been declared weatherproof-- not waterproof.

I see one gent on another forum,,been without his unit for a month,,,and evidently his unit just had cracks.

I wonder from a practical standpoint,,,just how long should a person be out of commission with their units at the repair facility,,,,when does it warrant an adjustment to warranty period--- by moving out (extending) the warranty period????
Oh wait,,,I forgot about the free hats,,they it seems are giving.

And do these handmade units--- do they possess a different model number/designation. ???
Should they???
Like limited edition or special edition..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 02:43PM by tnsharpshooter.
August 31, 2016 08:47PM
I just made the connection: This guy is Shillery's speech writer.
August 31, 2016 08:49PM
Take your politics out of here. We don't need them and they are not welcome.
September 01, 2016 01:15AM
Ebay has no shortage of MX Sports.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2016 01:39AM by khouse.
September 01, 2016 03:50AM
I was a store front White's dealer for about five years in the early 90's. My first detector in 1975 was a White's Gold Master, no Disc metal/mineral machine. Then came the 6000 Di Pro, Eagle II SL 90.5, XLT, DFX, Classic III, IDX Pro, M6, MXT, MXT Pro, Prizm V, Goldmaster VSat, GMT, BHID, Surfmaster PI, Dual Field PI, V3i, etc. I've had all their top detectors and many of their not so top models over the years. I still have a Mod'd IDX Pro and three DFX's along with a number of other brands that do me well. I was really hoping to buy the MX Sport when it came out. Haven't bought one yet and have no plans to ever buy one in the future. Nobody can tell if they by new if they will get the latest (new and improved) revision, and forget about buying used. Use Sports sell for about half the price of a new one as nobody knows what they'll get. Really sad. I've never even seen anything that says that the MX Sport is anything other than a waterproof? MXT. Seems there's nothing new really, just rehashed tech in a new poorly designed housing, and not a new Top of the Line detector since the V3i I bought in March 2009. Nothing new in over seven years? Come on. sad smiley
September 01, 2016 06:10AM
My way of thinking is basically the same as 'Tom Slick',i do own 3 Whites machines and all have been ultra reliable and never had any problems with these machines,my DFX is dated 2001 and the 1st batch of 6 into the UK and had 1000s of hours of use,IDX Pro and a TDI Pro,but i will say that these are all the old metal box design and built like tanks.

But this MX-Sport scenario has possibly put me off buying another machine for ever from Whites,which is a shame,i always tend to buy a machine for a very long time duration,so reliability is one of the key factors,but the main reason for keeping a machine so long is so that i can learn it inside out and i am still learning something new about my DFX even after all these years.

The Whites brand name has been tarnished very badly with this MX-Sport problem,of course i would think that it will get resolved at some stage and could well go onto being a future classic,but even providing a small gift like a free cap wont change my opinion of the company,i have always been a very loyal paying customer,not any longer i am afraid.

If i am honest i dont really have a clue what the future holds for Whites electronics,no new stream of machines,they have stopped production of some of the all time classic detector,the ultra reliable bread and butter MXT range has a limited time duration left as it cannot go on for ever and you can in theory only re-package a machine so many time,other brands can turn out a machine at the speed of light from customers interest,planning ,building and finally product,i will admit a few of these new European companies have also had problems as well,things like faulty plastic components but these items are replaceable through the post and after say a quick phone call a new part is usually in the post straight away so detecting down time is minimal,if at all.

Hope and wish Whites do resolve this one quickly,the longer it goes on the more brand damage it is doing too itself,of course just my opinion from product user.
September 01, 2016 10:29PM
Junk & Disorderly ,

You have captured the heart of the thing with your post, and in kind terms. Good job.

Many would be less kind, and have been, but none of that needs repeating. Chance after chance squandered, yet still there is one here willing to test the latest iteration of what has been an utter disgrace to a once respected company. Keith Southern will tell the tale on that one, another kind person giving more benefit of the doubt than has been earned.

The future of Whites was written on the wall by Whites themselves and the decline has been ongoing for years. There is only so long a company can coast on it's reputation, and when it is gone it is over. It seems almost a foregone conclusion now, and for the very reasons you so eloquently state. It would take a miracle to save them now.