Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Carnies saved my day

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Carnies saved my day
August 03, 2008 04:30AM
After the Ghost town disappointment I stopped at the old fairgrounds.This place has given up some old silver in recent years,a couple of Barber Quarters this spring to a guy trying out a new metal detector.They were about 3 inches deep,out in a field that nobody uses anymore.I found 3 wheaties from the late teens and 7 old fair tokens for the "Sheridan County Fair".I found enough clad to buy a couple of sets of batteries for the F 75.I'm beginning to believe that there is a circuit in the F 75 that generates an electrical current that recharges the AA batteries when you run the coil over copper,clad and silver coins.I'm soaking the tokens right now.I never knew they had these tokens for the fair.They're discolored but in good shape.I have a friend that collects tokens from Montana(issued from businesses in this state).When I see him again I'll see if he can date them for me.I hope you all are finding lots of goodies.It was 84 degrees with about 19 percent humidity,nice light breeze,a great day for detecting.Bill
Re: The Carnies saved my day
August 04, 2008 11:42PM
I'm jelous...the weather should be breaking soon here...by Labor day...kinda makes me sad, i can't stand the winters and I love to hunt the water...but...when it does break, and ground softens...I am gonna kick some gr-ass with the new 75.