Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Bibliographies, Footnotes and Forums

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Bibliographies, Footnotes and Forums
June 25, 2018 12:23AM
What’s the difference?

A Bibliogtraphy is a list of all the books, articles, etc an author has consulted or which they think are relevant to the topics covered in the author’s book.

A footnote is a reference the author puts in - on the same page as some fact. Opinion or statement to explain on what authority he make the statement and show exactly where that reference can be found - Chapter and verse.

A forum is a place were we can post out own original opinions or experiences, no support necessary, but if you are posting someone else’s - some authority’s data - a link or reference is good.

Only the third of these three things is original work. I come here for original work and opinion. Where it is useful to remind us or direct us to the work of others - by all means do so - but do so with the benefit your own opinion or findings - we all know how to Google stuff for ourselves. A pointer to news or useful data is always welcome, but if you don’t share your own thoughts as to why it is important, we might feel there is something missing.

I tried a while back to express this idea but guess I didn’t do a very good job of it. Hopefully this better expressed my opinion.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2018 12:58AM by lytle78.
Re: Bibliographies, Footnotes and Forums
June 25, 2018 02:39PM
Hi Rick,
I appreciate your attempt to turn the forum noise into something useful. I wish you luck. Let me know if it works and I'll turn down my discrimination. Until then I'll just keep it turned up.

HH
Mike
Re: Bibliographies, Footnotes and Forums
June 25, 2018 11:25PM
Rick, maybe a piece or two will fall off and stick where needed......hope reigns eternal. HH jim tn