Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found a Huge buckle today ((Added some pertinent T2-Classic INFO))

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found a Huge buckle today ((Added some pertinent T2-Classic INFO))
January 22, 2017 03:33AM
Usually don't show my daily finds...

And I know these are not really earth shattering but I found them unique in that they were in close proximity ..

At first I dug a Reigns guide..No biggie but fun to dig..and big brass!!!

Then I found this about 2 ft away,,
Huge buckle..

I thought Hmm????? too big for human..and way to heavy duty..solid Heavy brass..

The I saw a pic of a reigns Gude on a horse and the big buckle at the bottom caught my eye..

So seems a reasonable match..

these can be pre civil war all the way to post..

this is the same site I dug this sash buckle out of last year .

Thought I would share

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 06:52PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Found a Huge buckle today
January 22, 2017 03:47AM
Very good chance they are related.

When I went to Ky,,,to hunt with gent,,,we dug matching rosettes.
I just walked the wrong way after I dug the first one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 03:53AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 22, 2017 10:13AM
Nice.
January 22, 2017 11:12AM
Cool finds Keith

I'd take a BIG brass buckle and/or ornate sash buckle any day thumbs down
January 22, 2017 11:59AM
Good deal, Keith.

I like finding old buckles, especially pants belt buckles.......belts used on pants, pants have pockets, pockets hold coins..... The way I see it.
January 22, 2017 06:32PM
Super finds buddy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Found a Huge buckle today (T-2 Classic Info)
January 22, 2017 06:51PM
Thanks fellas..

Should of mentioned..I was using the T2 Classic 12/16 model..

and somethings up with the NEW CLASSICS...

there not quite the same as the original T2's..and not quite like the first release Classic of a year or two ago..

SEEMS THE HAVE WORKED THE DELAY OUT OF THE DST

And the unmasking is a notch up to from original..

same speed but no EMI...

And might be the best at I.D.ing deep iron as deep iron not high tone that I've seen..

They factory seems to be always tweaking...and as the models evolve from one date code to the next there's is subtleties a person can catch..

Here's something beautiful too...that site is a nightmare to hunt its a burnt house of about 1880 vintage..but is slap full of huge iron and modern trash dumped on it..

the sheer amount of iron falsing to high tone and or reading good solid I.d.'s is staggering..an add beer cans and a million wino lids..

YET I purposely turned the disc up to 80 in this sea of constant noise battering and it was as quiet as a mouse..not one solid iron false and I plucked these keepers out with eerie ease...the other units I was using for cross checking and field evaluation was still banging high tones all through the site.

I purposely choose this unhuntable area to do some testing but was staggered the T2 Classic in 2 tone 99 sens 80 disc Stock coil was a dream to use...it was even better than my Sovereign at snagging two keepers and doing it with gusto and even depth..

Other machines would hit these targets but the large to huge iron and even large amounts of trash till gave me signals everywhere..

WHATS UP?? the only big iron I located was the overload tone with the T2 and I raised coil and it was gone..BYE BYE...
i did get couple of flubby 85s one time and knew they weren't right and turned out to be kettle iron at a foot..but Knew it was a iron false before hand..

I'm going back with small coil LOL!!

What a pleasure to use and this machine still has the HOTS too..!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2017 09:59PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Found a Huge buckle today ((Added some pertinent T2-Classic INFO))
January 22, 2017 07:26PM
Wow that's a honker of a buckle, love the sash buckle!!
January 22, 2017 08:07PM
Thanks Brian

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 22, 2017 09:34PM
Nice engraving on that sash buckle, ive sent some big buckles off to get chromed before, then took them to a saddler and got them made into man-belts!
January 22, 2017 10:02PM
Cool!!!

Thanks!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 24, 2017 10:17AM
Keith

FTP definitely has improved the iron handling on the T2 Classic compared to the original release. The PF mode is quiet now whereas the original falsed like crazy over deeper iron of all sizes in PF. Did dig some amazingly deep coins in iron/nails with the original though. Another case where nail tests don't show true ability.

Edit: Keith, when you go back try 1 tone at nail disc and listen for the "irregulars". Closest to analog audio I have heard in a while.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2017 12:18PM by Jackpine.
January 24, 2017 10:44PM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Keith
Another case where nail tests don't show true ability.

Keith, when you go back try 1 tone at nail disc and listen for the "irregulars". Closest to analog audio I have heard in a while.

Tom

AMEN Tom on the nail test..

Yes there good for gauging yet nothing's in stone and when the coil hits the soil its the deciding factor..

I have tried the 1 tone a bit and will use it more per your feedback...

Seem they keep tweaking the Platforms as the go DO THEY NOT??

And this is to be expected forma forward thinking company...there moving towards NEW systems and If WE the consumer are PAYING attention we SEE things to come little Glimpses of things ...I can see YOU pay attention...There's alot of users out there but not alot of attention payers..YOU TOM are and attention payer KUDOS!!

the Classic and especially the 12/16 is one to have in the Arsenal..especially at this price..COME ON!

Quiet ,Deep ,excellent Iron rejection yet still unlocking and I may even say better than the original...ESPECIALLY in the soil...

Old VS New...here's a quick thing I notice..

OLD Original..Spit High/Grunt Low---Spit High/Grunt Low in a sea of iron could or could not of been a non ferrous..From any angle..

On the Classic HIgh clean hit turn 90 degrees solid high hit low Grunt...Pay attention to that High Hit from first direction if its a tight tone and coin size check the signal its a non ferrous target usually..

So instead of spit high/grunt low---spit high/grunt/low they have really cleaned up if its good its good reporting...I feel this unit is fully digital but is sped up to reaction speed like a original but the processing inside is very intelligent on pulling the good out of the bad mix..

So when you get that MAYBE type hit on this Classic there will be a spot in the sweep angle where it really is dead nuts and clean...If you get a spot anywhere in the sweep approaches and it really sounds Great for sure investigate,,,,they've really cleaned up the FOR SURE if its in there lurking some where in the sea of trash and iron..the older ones seemed to never find that sweet spot alot of times in dense co locate trash it made you investigate alot ..There's still investigatable signals for sure but there's also some jump out at you signals now.

Now what does that mean to my mind,..Well some offer full open audio gate to UNMASK..and its taken off...Now Its seems FTP is offering gated audio as always but they are CLEANING up Audio in a form of its doing the work for us quietly.

Great times ahead Tom..

I can actually feel we are witnessing detector wars...From all fronts..everyone's evolving there line in this digital world we are in.

I can say this..I think FTP will do things their on way..they wont bend...They will use Their own way to reach outcome

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2017 03:49AM by Keith Southern.
January 25, 2017 12:55AM
Keith

It works in 2 tone too, the single tone responses took me back to my 1236X2 days and was fun. Sort of back to the future which I thought was neat and like you said, quieter over all as well. Gotta work it a bit slower and more deliberate than the Racers for sure but, those little squeaks and off sounds once learned make you pay attention.

Edit:
Keith, when you said that FTP is doing it their way with the gated audio, this is what I hear on severly co-located targets. Since the audio is digital I presume an in the clear target give a pure tone. What I hear on severe co-locates is that the iron partialy masking the non-ferrous causes the pure tone to gain a harmonic that changes the tonal quality. This is what jumps out at me.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2017 09:20AM by Jackpine.
January 25, 2017 01:40PM
Keith, does it handle the ground better, or the iron better, or a combo of both?
January 25, 2017 02:01PM
Keith put a NEL Sharpshooter on it and be blown away. I have a T2 classic mines a 3/16 model and it sounds like it performs the same it's a very hot machine and runs as quite as a church mouse. I like using the 3 tones I guess using a CZ has me used to the 3 tones. I run mine at 90-99 sensitivity 3 tone 18-20 disc just to knock out the small nails. It's a heck of a machine at a heck of a price for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2017 02:14PM by 88junior.
January 25, 2017 08:52PM
Iron it so seems...Possum..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 25, 2017 08:53PM
I have the Sharpshooter ..will try it when I can..

thanks for the tip!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 25, 2017 08:55PM
Very accurate assessment Tom..

They have cleaned things up..

thanks for your insight !!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 25, 2017 09:50PM
Thanks for the report on the T2, Keith. I've thought about getting a T2 Classic just for nostalgic reasons, but I know that with the F75 in the house the T2 would see little use.

You relic guys have got the iron descriptions down pat.

Dave J asked us early on after the first release of the T2 what they should do with their incremental improvements. Put em in play or save them for new releases. At that time the response was 'put them in play'. And that is what they have been doing. Causes some headaches at times keeping up with revisions but they keep making them better and better.

The T2 Classic always make me think of the Ford Mustang.

HH
Mike