Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ Tom's tuned report.

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ Tom's tuned report.
February 18, 2017 02:29PM
Hi Dan,

I am nearly finished with the full calibration/validation/certification of your unit. I have four more small validation/certification tests to perform. Results as follows:

1) 'Salt' balance was slightly out of alignment..... which affects the entire spectrum & calibration of the unit. Now..... it is 'per engineering design'.
2) Deep target audio smear did not exist....... no correction needed.
3) I boosted 'Salt' mode auto-tune/all-metal Sens a bit more.
4) 'Salt' Nickel ID was very slightly out of spec's....... and is now per engineering design.
5) 'Salt' Zinc ID was also very slightly out of spec's......... minor calibration performed.
6) I stabilized the electronics to a greater level of stability.
7) Grnd Bal internal set-point was slightly out of cal..... and is now in spec's.
8) 'Normal' Nickel ID is now CZ-3D "old coins" spec's.
9) 'Normal' Zinc ID is now CZ-3D "old coins" spec's.
10) Internal electronics are exceptionally clean. This is a early 1997 unit.
11) Unit was 10.6" on a clad dime in 'Normal' mode. Unit is now 11.0" on a clad dime in 'Normal' mode. This is with real-world (Florida) dirt.
12) Audio boost circuitry was exacting ......... no calibration needed.
13) I boosted 'Normal' mode auto-tune sensitivity a bit more.
14) ID at depth is a fair amount better than engineering design requirements.
15) Depth meter accuracy is 'CZ spec's exacting'.
16) Pinpoint function per engineering design.
17) Electronic stability is well above average.

This CZ is a very typical/solid/reliable CZ-5 platform.......representing the entire/exacting intent for this platform. Nice to see. I have 4 more small 'validation' tests to perform....... and should be able to finish this shortly.

I can't wait to try this bad boy out, I bought it and had the seller ship it straight to Tom
Re: CZ Tom's tuned report.
February 18, 2017 03:43PM
As thorough and precise as Tom is , That machine should do the job for you. He definitely takes pride in all he does!.
February 18, 2017 05:31PM
Dan....... I finished the last (of the 4 remaining) validation checks.......... and the unit is (just barely under the wire) back in the mail system........ headed your way. U.S.P.S., Priority Mail, Delivery Confirmation, 2-Day Express, Tracking....... with a expected delivery date of this coming Tuesday 02/21/2017. Because it is a 3-day weekend........... if I did not get it in the mail system to you (by Noon) today......... the earliest I could ship it would be next Tuesday. I (we) don't want to wait!
February 18, 2017 05:56PM
Thank you very much Tom, I appreciate the extremely quick turnaround, especially when you've got so much going on right now, that type of customer service doesn't happen everyday!!! NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan....... I finished the last (of the 4 remaining
> ) validation checks.......... and the unit is (jus
> t barely under the wire) back in the mail system..
> ...... headed your way. U.S.P.S., Priority Mail, D
> elivery Confirmation, 2-Day Express, Tracking.....
> .. with a expected delivery date of this coming Tu
> esday 02/21/2017. Because it is a 3-day weekend...
> ........ if I did not get it in the mail system to
> you (by Noon) today......... the earliest I could
> ship it would be next Tuesday. I (we) don't want t
> o wait!

February 18, 2017 09:25PM
Dan
Sounds like a great unit for your project if in fact that is what it's intended for. Please post a pic when you are finished.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 18, 2017 09:44PM
Tom, this is the unit I'm going to mount on the rod assembly I bought from you. I should have everything rounded up by Tuesday and I'll begin the process, pictures to follow. Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan
> Sounds like a great unit for your project if in fa
> ct that is what it's intended for. Please post a
> pic when you are finished.
>
> Tom
February 18, 2017 10:33PM
The simplicity of this machine is a valuable attribute to me. I don't detect nearly as often as I like, so there's no risk mis-programming a CZ or forgetting how to navigate a menu.