Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact price increase in the UK

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Impact price increase in the UK
March 09, 2017 10:50AM
The Nokta Impact price has increased before release in the UK by £100 for the standard pack and £59 for the Pro pack, has the US price been increased ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 07:09PM by sanjuro.
Re: Nokta Impact price increase in the UK
March 09, 2017 10:57AM
Pound down against Turkish lire about 3% since early Feb. - even with a "hedge" for further depreciation on account of Brexit - £100 seems like a big jump.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 11:01AM by lytle78.
March 09, 2017 11:02AM
Not only has the price gone up a considerable amount but they have done away with the offer of either a free pinpointer or wireless headphones,i dont dispute that currency changes can alter prices but not by that massive amount especially when they have also done away with the free probe or headphones.

They could well be shooting themselves in the foot with this happening just prior too launch date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 11:27AM by Junk and Disorderly.
March 09, 2017 11:23AM
Without an explanation as to why the increase was implemented they are in for a lot of backlash for this.

How does the UK price with VAT compare to the US?

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 11:24AM by Jackpine.
March 09, 2017 11:51AM
It's a big old hike, if it was a detector that could trump any of the class leaders it would be worth it, but it seems to be a 'do everything nearly as good' detector.
March 09, 2017 12:33PM
You could look at it the other way: the low price, and free pointer, were an introductory special price, to tempt pre-order buyers. They've obviously filled their order-book, and now the price is returning to what was likely the intended level. They know it's getting good press, and should be a good seller, so they don't have to offer promotions.
It's true that currency fluctuations need considering, but I don't see them being a significant factor over the past month or two. Detector prices are high in the U.K, thanks to sales taxes (V.A.T) and import duties, we ought to be used to it.......

New prices are 799 Pounds and 899 Pounds for Standard and Pro packages, respectively, which works out at 970 & 1090 US Dollars. (using 1.215 Dollars to one Pound)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 12:38PM by Pimento.
March 09, 2017 02:20PM
I'm stickin' with my ole 75.
March 09, 2017 02:45PM
It the increase from dealers or Nokta? Dealers can sell as high as they want. Supply and demand. They certainly can take away freebie's that they were subsidizing anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 02:46PM by detectingMO.
March 09, 2017 07:07PM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm stickin' with my ole 75.

Yep I think your right, I am not changing from my MXT AP either, I just got the right mix of Coils So very little is going to match it for depth and nothing has come out in the past 10 years that can do better in my sites.
March 09, 2017 07:14PM
It does look the part though, my daughter gives it the thumbs up.
March 09, 2017 07:14PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> It the increase from dealers or Nokta? Dealers ca
> n sell as high as they want. Supply and demand.
> They certainly can take away freebie's that they w
> ere subsidizing anyway.

From the response i got from a well known UK forum founder it appears that Nokta has done it read the reply below that i got and see if you think so

''Hello sanjuro, yes the prices have now been increased, this was something that has been action-ed across all dealers.''

''action-ed'' been a key word ?
March 09, 2017 07:26PM
ghound Wrote:
> It does look the part though, my daughter gives it
> the thumbs up.

Yep your right, It is an awesome looking beast, It looks like it's doing 110 even when it's standing still.
March 09, 2017 07:34PM
Looks mean very little when the coil hits the soil smoking smiley
March 10, 2017 03:49AM
silverhound Wrote:
> Looks mean very little when the coil hits the soil
> smoking smiley

Actually mean nothing smileys with beer

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.