Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact Beyonder's "Sniper Mode"

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Impact Beyonder's "Sniper Mode"
March 30, 2017 02:30PM
By studying the available videos and my experiences with the Racer 2, I have come up with some great ideas for settings. LET ME STRESS, I do not have a unit yet to test them with.

Beyonder's "Sniper mode"

The Purpose: To snipe good targets in high (modern) trash areas at shallow depths(four or less inches). Speed speed speed is this mode's strength.

Weakness: Not designed for deep targets. You need time to learn and get used to the vast amount of information that you will hear audibly.

Strengths: Unmasking, separation, and speed. Due to extreme accuracy of the VID at shallow depths, you have a higher percentage of picking good targets out of the trash.

The Waterproof 7.5x4'' DD Search Coil is highly recommended for this mode.

Di99: Using 99 tones can be confusing, however with repeated use, you will learn which sounds are wanted targets, and which are trash. Some may think a 3 of 4 tone might be better, but when you start using tone breaks and limited tones, it can lead to unwanted digging(example: zincs and dimes sharing the same tone).

14 khz freq: This is a good standard frequency to use in high trash. I have seen lower frequencies, at shallow depths, hit foil like silver and higher ones hit well on small aluminum.

Gain 70 or less: The lower the better. A lower gain narrows the detecting area. A higher gain can slow YOU down digging deep when you don't want to and muddy multiple target the are co-mingled..

A higher iSAT may give a better response to shallow targets. (NOT 100% sure at this time).

Discrimination: The first 5 bars no more. Just enough to remove possible noise and some iron. if you start going higher, it can lead to higher processing times(no that YOU would notice).

In the field: Frequency shift(if needed) ground balance. Use the settings above, save(fd/save) and enjoy!

Questions, comments, concerns? Ask away...when I get the Impact LOL!
Re: Nokta Impact Beyonder's "Sniper Mode"
March 30, 2017 02:54PM
Excellent info and insight----thanks for your effort to educate.
Re: Nokta Impact Beyonder's "Sniper Mode"
March 30, 2017 03:18PM
i got a spot i will try it, Thanks