Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For those that buddy hunt..especially CZ's...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For those that buddy hunt..especially CZ's...
April 22, 2011 01:37PM
For years using a CZ and my buddy an XLT we had no problems at all relative interference, depth or performance on either unit..
This is not the case with many others especially CZ's as even a football field away they interfer with each other even if 2 different model CZ's..As Tom stated also silent interference between many brands so if you feel you are getting better depth and performance when hunting alone....time to talk to your buddy and perhaps a compromise rel what you both use as most ardent detectorists have more than one unit..
Re: For those that buddy hunt..especially CZ's...
April 22, 2011 02:59PM
Man I hope my wife doesn't see what you just posted Dan.-----She might make me quit using my "old faithful" (we both use the same type units).-----ha ha
Good one..but...
April 22, 2011 03:09PM
Honestly read several stories on CZ's and have seen from personal experience my post is a truism..
Usually have an answer or opinion...but at this moment speechless but must mention one manufacturer made A and B units and some units have frequency changers for this circumstance but never heard of one for a CZ.
Hope she doesn't read and any input guys and gals.....
April 22, 2011 06:28PM
I have found that the F75 can very easily get zonked out by the Minelab Explorer and Etracs as well, the worst part is that it's silent interference, so you can't hear it, but you'll loose most of your depth and TID capabilities.

I've found that if you have the ML guys do a "noise cancel" while you stand next to them and do a pinpoint on your F75 that they will not pick that frequency and you'll be fine.
April 22, 2011 09:00PM
I have heard lot of intererence between CZ's when within 10ft or so. We just get further apart.
April 22, 2011 10:50PM
When my buddy does a noise cancel on his etrac I can hear it cycling through the channels if I have my cz in all metal. Sometimes it will stay on a channel that is interfering with my machine. If that happens I have him go to a different spot and do it again. I'll have to try that pinpoint thing.
April 23, 2011 12:27AM
mrwilburino Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When my buddy does a noise cancel on his etrac I
> can hear it cycling through the channels if I have
> my cz in all metal. Sometimes it will stay on a
> channel that is interfering with my machine. If
> that happens I have him go to a different spot and
> do it again. I'll have to try that pinpoint thing.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I figured that hitting the pinpoint will send out the strongest signal to the Minelab and it'll try a different channel. So far it seems to work, but I could be totally wrong.
April 24, 2011 07:56PM
Wow this is really a eye opener as I sometimes hunt next to a Etrac and I always seem to do poorly when hunting with him Next time ill ask for a noise cancel.
Thanks Millions!!!!!!!!!!
Jim
JR
April 27, 2011 11:52AM
I have used a CZ-3D within 30 Ft of a Minelab Musketeer Advantage and even though I didn't hear any interference, the Musketeer would cease to detect targets as soon as I turned on the CZ-3D.
April 27, 2011 12:29PM
This is a painful, realistic, correct, EDUCATIONAL experience. As long as folks are aware that their unit may be operating at a SILENTLY reduced performance level......many times, this situation can be ameliorated.........by simply adding distance between two detectorists/detectors. I wrote an article for Western & Eastern Treasures (and it's on the home-page of this web-site) about this phenomenon......in fair detail.......titled: "Paid In Cache".