Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This is soooooo Cool!!! Map APP for phone

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This is soooooo Cool!!! Map APP for phone
May 06, 2017 08:39PM
I've been using this app on my Android..

I choose civil war Maps or even turn of century Topos and Literally drive straight to the house sites..

No complicated overlaying yourself and trying to get them right...

Works off your GPS and your dead on these sites..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 04:22PM by Keith Southern.
Re: This is soooooo Cool!!!
May 06, 2017 09:25PM
That is way cool.
May 08, 2017 02:20AM
Go to their website and you can scan thru the available maps for your area. Some, instead of "VIEW" offer the option to overlay with variable transparency. That, too, is COOL!

Thanks, Keith, for the pointer.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
May 08, 2017 03:57AM
Keith I gotta say I probably owe you big time for that info. My area is plagued by no maps. All our local records were at the court house which burned by a lightning strike fire in the early 60s. The earliest maps of this area I could previously find were vague ones from the 1895 era and then it jumps to topo maps 1935.

Thru your map app, I was able to find a map I had never seen before in 20 years digging. And it's like the Holy Grail to me right now. It didn't just fill a missing piece to the puzzle....it WAS the missing puzzle to which I just had a couple pieces lol. Standby for updates....have about 20+ sites to get permission for now.
May 08, 2017 06:41AM
Pay me back Daniel by showing some sweet finds..

Good luck..

Hope it works out..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 08, 2017 02:29PM
Can't wait to get back on wi fi to see it....

Aaron
May 19, 2017 04:22PM
Any luck Daniel??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: This is soooooo Cool!!! Map APP for phone
May 19, 2017 10:01PM
Keith,

Been very busy with farm work here lately. My off time from my real job has just been more work at home. We have been doing more and better overlays with other maps and have about 30+ sites to check out. I sent my buddy on a search mission earlier this week to one of the areas and he found melted lead and a suspender buckle but got ran off by angry mosquitoes and ticks that are standing as pickets. He said he had almost took a bath in that Sawyers permethrin spray and they still wouldn't leave him alone. Otherwise...no hunting from me here lately.
Re: This is soooooo Cool!!! Map APP for phone
May 20, 2017 12:32AM
Cool app Mr Southern.......thanks for sharing

Noah