Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites DFX a Classic

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites DFX a Classic
June 02, 2017 03:27AM
I was just remembering the Whites DFX. It was My second Detector after the XLT. I know it wasn't the Deepest out there, But it could split hairs with the Digital numbers. I could tell a Clad from a Silver Dime. If I remember rite a clad would read 78-79 and Silver 80-81. Pretty much down to 8". I loved the 5.3 eclipse coil on it for trashy parks. I pulled a lot of Barber dimes out of one old park in particular. Probably My all time fave Whites and a very underated Detector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 03:31AM by Harold,ILL..
Re: Whites DFX a Classic
June 02, 2017 04:08AM
My DFX is 15 years old this year,it was my main detector for 12 years mainly using the 10x6 coil and for pasture the 12'' Hotshot coil,still have and occasionally use the machine,i do agree with you it is a very underated,still cannot get over how light that Hotshot coil is as i would assume it must be foam filled,still have another brand new coil in its box as a backup as they are rare too find these days.

Prehaps not the deepest machine at the time but i feel it's downfall was it was way over complicated albeit not as complicated as the Vision,but wont part with mine and still love using it either on the beach because of the dual freq or pasture with the Hotshot coil on.
June 02, 2017 09:00AM
The DFX is easy to set up and works nice. There are a large number of coils made for it to choose from.
June 02, 2017 02:54PM
The DFX is/was a highly under rated detector. The factory programs were set up very mild to insure smooth operation in all types of soil. For the person that takes the time to actually learn to use it, the DFX can hold it's own against most any other coin/jewelry detector out there. After using the DFX for years, I bought the V3i as soon as it came out in early 2009. I used the V3i until last year and then decided that the V3i wasn't doing anything for me that the DFX couldn't so I sold the V and bought another DFX. My V3i and DFX usage is limited to newer drops of coins and jewelry in parks and schools and I only use the BigFoot coil for those areas. I figured the V3i value would drop like a rock as soon as White's releases a new flagship detector so I sold mine before that happens. I figured with the V3i being released in 2009 that it should be any time that a new flagship comes out. It's been almost 9 years since White's last flagship release but White's hasn't been very quick to release new, good detectors lately. Since the V3i, the only detector they have released that's worth mentioning is the MX Sport and it's nothing new or great and it had lots of problems when first released. I ended up buying a DFX for my wife and my son so I now have three in the garage.
June 02, 2017 03:52PM
Dunno buddy was an XLT guru..bought a DFX and had to change settings when we moved to a new area....went back to XLT....Neither was for me as not my cup of tea....
June 02, 2017 04:02PM
Whites use several good algorithms that I wish other companies would use(I dont know if they can). One was an averaging, where it would take all the TID numbers and average them. Another was highest TID would be displayed. Yet another was most common TID was displayed. All very useful.
June 03, 2017 02:00AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The DFX is/was a highly under rated detector. The
> factory programs were set up very mild to insure s
> mooth operation in all types of soil. For the pers
> on that takes the time to actually learn to use it
> , the DFX can hold it's own against most any other
> coin/jewelry detector out there. After using the D
> FX for years, I bought the V3i as soon as it came
> out in early 2009. I used the V3i until last year
> and then decided that the V3i wasn't doing anythin
> g for me that the DFX couldn't so I sold the V and
> bought another DFX. My V3i and DFX usage is limite
> d to newer drops of coins and jewelry in parks and
> schools and I only use the BigFoot coil for those
> areas. I figured the V3i value would drop like a r
> ock as soon as White's releases a new flagship det
> ector so I sold mine before that happens. I figure
> d with the V3i being released in 2009 that it shou
> ld be any time that a new flagship comes out. It's
> been almost 9 years since White's last flagship re
> lease but White's hasn't been very quick to releas
> e new, good detectors lately. Since the V3i, the o
> nly detector they have released that's worth menti
> oning is the MX Sport and it's nothing new or grea
> t and it had lots of problems when first released.
> I ended up buying a DFX for my wife and my son so
> I now have three in the garage.

Not to derail the thread but can you believe those big foot coils go for around 500$ '

Heres one that sold for 1k+ Ebay..

If I could nab one cheap I'd try a dfx with this combo, I've heard its a killer jewelry setup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2017 02:02AM by Mike C.
June 03, 2017 05:18AM
I had three BigFoot coils but sold one to a buddy awhile back. Keeping one as a spare. Saw one sell for about $830.00 a couple weeks back on fleabay.
June 03, 2017 05:19PM
Yeah never tried Bigfoot on DFX I had. But did on My XL-PRO and they are awesome for big open areas. Man my apron would be Full of Quarters everytime out and some Silver jewelry.