Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Metal Detector Retirement Planning

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Metal Detector Retirement Planning
August 10, 2018 02:34PM
I've been doing some retirement planning and that eventually got around to metal detectors. I know my fun money will get a bit restricted after I retire, which leads to me consider what detectors I'll be wanting to go into retirement with. I know I'll want at least 4 and I have three of them already selected but I'm not sure about that 4th spot.

Spot #1 goes to the F75LTD.
Spot #2 goes to the V3i
Spot #3 goes to the Golden Sabre II / Cleansweep coil combo.

Spot # 4 is vacant....

Looking at my list, what would you put in that 4th spot?

HH
Mike
Re: Metal Detector Retirement Planning
August 10, 2018 02:49PM
Nokta Impact, or Makro Multi Kruzer.
August 10, 2018 02:56PM
Better save some money for a bicycle – if the price of gas keep going up you may not be Able to afford to drive to your favorite detecting site! Lol

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 10, 2018 03:02PM
tesoro mojave!..best "bang for the buck"...tons of fun!
ALMOST as good as sex!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 10, 2018 03:14PM
[www.ebay.com]

Fenn's treasure awaits youwinking smiley
August 10, 2018 03:28PM
HA! Now that is funny, shoveler. While I do expend a little effort on Mr Fenn from time to time I have never thought about using a long range locator to find Indulgence.

WhoDoo VooDoo anyone?

I currently also have an Etrac, a 8500, a G2+LTD, and a RA71 but I'm not sure any of these should be in the #4 spot.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 03:39PM by Mike Hillis.
August 10, 2018 03:44PM
Never know........... you might just want a waterproof machine..... it is retirement you know and clad and silver dont pay like gold.
August 10, 2018 04:06PM
I would toss one of the DeepTech Vista's into the mix.
August 10, 2018 04:07PM
Another Fisher F5.winking smiley
August 10, 2018 04:16PM
Keep the #4 spot open until after First Texas puts a couple of their new machines on the market. You never know if one could/will be #4?

I don't think your ability to enjoy some quality detecting will suffer in the meantime with what you have.
August 10, 2018 04:35PM
After having all three on your list I'd pick:
Equinox 800 - for all around hunting for silver, water, and beach detecting. If I didn't detect the beach I go with a Makro/Nokta detector such as the Multi Kruzer, Racer 2, or Impact, something that will hunt iron infest sites better that what you've listed.
Get rid of the Golden, and get a BigFoot coil for the V3i. Then you can get the Nox and the MMK. grinning smiley
My retire list:
DFX with Bigfoot (and other coils) Sold the V3i and went back to the DFX. I only really use the BigFoot on it for Clad stabbing and recent jewelry drops, same thing the V3i got regulated to doing.
Nox 800
MMK (still have a Racer 2 for friends and Family)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 04:40PM by Tom Slick.
August 10, 2018 05:48PM
At the rate the Turkish economy is crumbling today you will be able to buy their entire detector lineup for the cost of an Equinox.
August 10, 2018 05:56PM
I do pretty good on land with the jewelry so I don't feel a need to water hunt. I don't post them here very often because I can't upload photos directly.

I found this on my last outing...using the G2+.....[www.detectorprospector.com]
I found this on the outing before that with the F75....[www.detectorprospector.com]
I found this on an outing before that with the Etrac...[www.detectorprospector.com]

I expect a good jewelry find nearly every day from land sites after retirement.

If I WAS looking for a water unit it would be one that would allow me to strap the control head to my wrist like a watch and could disguise the coil to look like a hand held swim fin and snorkel with it.

HH
Mike
August 10, 2018 07:01PM
I don't know Mike, the fun money may not be too bad with the finds you make. thumbs down
August 10, 2018 09:02PM
A Hot CZ-3D as You should have at least one analog TID Machine when the disposable digital detectors finally break down.
August 10, 2018 09:33PM
Hey its the 21st century already. I vote with Slick on the 'Nox. As close to a complete do all as I have found. Makro Kruser is a worthy second place. I have some CZ3Ds I'll let go cheap if that what you want.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 10, 2018 10:23PM
Pasttom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey its the 21st century already. I vote with Sli
> ck on the 'Nox. As close to a complete do all as
> I have found. Makro Kruser is a worthy second pla
> ce. I have some CZ3Ds I'll let go cheap if that w
> hat you want.

Yep, and those CZs will still be going when You throw that Nox in the trash. Ha!
August 10, 2018 10:45PM
Mike...….. are you 'coins only', relic, partial prospecting, cache hunting, wet-salt????
August 10, 2018 10:47PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> I've been doing some retirement planning and that
> eventually got around to metal detectors. I know
> my fun money will get a bit restricted after I ret
> ire, which leads to me consider what detectors I'l
> l be wanting to go into retirement with. I know
> I'll want at least 4 and I have three of them alre
> ady selected but I'm not sure about that 4th spot.
>
> Spot #1 goes to the F75LTD.
> Spot #2 goes to the V3i
> Spot #3 goes to the Golden Sabre II / Cleansweep c
> oil combo.
>
> Spot # 4 is vacant....

>
> Looking at my list, what would you put in that 4th
> spot?
>
> HH
> Mike

Another f75 for back up.
August 11, 2018 01:29AM
I'd just save up for The Next Big Thing.
August 11, 2018 03:08AM
hey harold!
don;t forget the "dead nuts" accurate 6000 pro xl!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 11, 2018 04:09AM
You will find once you retire you will have more time to research and such....put some bucks away for your retirement and make that decision once you find how you retirement and hobby come together...haste makes waste and bet your boots new units will hit the bricks...heck your loaded for bear as is....
August 11, 2018 08:34AM
electric will be here sooner than folks think
August 11, 2018 12:09PM
For me and the type of hunting I do, the Multi Kruzer and Equinox 800 are the only machines I need, they pretty much covers all the bases.

If I were you, I’d do as others have suggested and bank the #4 money a future model that catches your fancy.
August 11, 2018 02:41PM
That depends on a couple of factors Mike.----How much time do you have to go to retirement?----If it's going to be awhile, you could set up a little "fun money account" & do as others have suggested---set back & wait to fill that #4 spot with what you have.-----or----you could fill #4 & #5 with what you already have--the ETrac & G2+.------Or--you could fill #4 with an E800.---------Having said all that--your choices would not be my choices!winking smiley------Now, if you want to do it the "perfect" way--do like I have in our retirement with this list!grinning smiley----CTX, ETrac, F-19, G2+, E800 & Fors Relic.thumbs down------Also, I have to buy two of everything as my wife detects also--sometimes three so as to have a "back up" in our travels.---How's that for complicated?---------All joking aside--I ALWAYS tell everyone that will listen---"retire as early as you can"---for we know not what tomorrow brings.------My wife & I planned (financially) for years for early retirement & was blessed to be able to retire when I was 58 & she was 54 & have NEVER been sorry in our decision.----I am now 79 (pushing 80) and she is 75----and I can tell yah, those years go FAST!------Enjoy them in The Lord, some humor & hopefully good health!---------Del
August 12, 2018 01:20AM
horses for courses
iow, it depends

If it was me, and I don't know you're sites or your quests, I'd replace the F75 with an Impact or Multi Kruzer, and add a Deus with a 9 inch HF coil. I'd probably replace one of your others with an 800 Equinox, too. It's just a fun, all around, waterproof machine. You dig a lot of trash, but if there's good stuff in the ground, you're gonna find it, too!

Wayne
August 12, 2018 04:54AM
explorer II with Sunray probe. But then again, I'm lazy and biased. But , heck, .... it keeps up with Cal Cobra ! Doh !
August 12, 2018 03:21PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> explorer II with Sunray probe. But then again, I'
> m lazy and biased. But , heck, .... it keeps up
> with Cal Cobra ! Doh !

It's the masking tape on it that's getting you all those gold coins Tom! Yeah, that's what it is--the MASKING TAPE!!!winking smiley
August 12, 2018 04:32PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> heck, .... it keeps up with Cal Cobra ! Doh !

Not any more hot smiley
August 12, 2018 06:23PM
Lobo ST would be up your alley.