Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mojave vs Compadre (Video)

Posted by x2000 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mojave vs Compadre (Video)
June 30, 2017 11:33AM
I found this video on YT. I thought it is pretty interesting. I don't understand French, but the sound and the pictures speak for itself.

LINK: [www.youtube.com]
Re: Mojave vs Compadre (Video)
June 30, 2017 12:23PM
"He was up early...hens crowing Lol...!

They have some tough soils in France so I'm of a Positive opinion of the Mojave!"
July 01, 2017 09:13AM
I bought the Mojave, but I spend too little time with it. I have very sensitive hearing and when this thing fires up... grinning smiley I taped the whole housing box with a pack of (pressed together) earplugs underneath, but after a while they all expanded smiling smiley - it is just unpractical. I guess that was the main reason, why I left the Mojave at home.

When I saw this video, I was surprised how well the Compadre did (the speed difference between DD and CC coils was also surprising to me). But even with the 7" CC, the Compadre seems to have the upper hand...

I ordered a Compadre (with volume control! smiling smiley) - I want to see it with my own eyes...
July 30, 2017 08:41AM
I tried the Compadre (same version from the video, I only taped the housing box to the Deus stem because this one is more ergonomic).

It was a difficult location (an abandoned vineyard with bad soil, iron, some trash and many pieces of coke everywhere). Hunting this spot with the Deus was not a pleasant experience. I connected with the Tesoro instantly after a few seconds. The disc was set in the upper section of the "3" marking range. The machine run smooth and stable, it was fast, precise and the signals were "solid". I was able to recover many targets almost without any "effort" (compared to the Deus). It was not about the targets, because I probably would find some more with the Deus too. It was about the "how" the targets were discovered.

I tested it at another difficult spot and the experience repeated (a spot hunted with the Deus (tone-disc set to "3") and Rutus with its concentric coil, disc set to "6-7"). The Tesoro shined once again. It was a real pleasure to use. I'm still in shock. The only thing that bothers me, is the question I keep asking myself: "Why haven't you bought it sooner?!"

I also tested the Mojave a few months ago, but I think I wasn't ready for it at this time. Maybe it was the "hopeless" already "hunted out" location. Maybe it was me, trying to split hairs (by getting too obsessed with tiny chirps of a signal). Maybe it was just the nature of the concentric coil and I should just get over it by ignoring some of the signals... Don't get me wrong, I was able to recover small stuff like injection needles and 4.5mm pellets, what I consider as great success at this location, but I felt like it could have happened in more "natural" way.

Maybe the positive experience with the Compadre is the result of the short learning process with the Mojave. I'm sure, I will give the Mojave another chance, but for now I'm in love with the Compadre smiling smiley. I hope, it will last...
July 30, 2017 02:48PM
I remember about 15 Years back I was hunting and Old Picnic grove and a Couple Club members showed up. This place been pounded by every member 70 at the time and make machine. I had A XLT other guy had a DFX that just came out. And third Guy had a Little Compadre. Well We got skunked after all day Hunt and The Little Compadre had a Seated Dime? Figured fluke then, But now I know better as one thing about those Tesoro 120 Disc. They are good In sites with iron. I just got a New Tone Golden and Found 2 Silver Halfs from sites I pounded with My Etrac and CZ-3D so I am a Believer. One a Fluke But 2? And not past 6"-7".