Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any reason to have a Relic when you have the Impact?

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any reason to have a Relic when you have the Impact?
July 12, 2017 12:53AM
I traded for a Relic with the standard and 5 1/2" coils. I wanted to try it again and this time around I got it working right for me. Now I have the Impact package w/ 2 coils coming Fri.

So is there is any reason to have a Relic too.

Thanks,
Rick
Re: Any reason to have a Relic when you have the Impact?
July 12, 2017 01:54AM
Impact will do everything the Relic can and more.
July 12, 2017 02:11AM
I know a few folks may disagree with you. I haven't used the Relic but I do have the Impact and the Racer 2. I have no plans on getting rid of the Racer 2. I'm sure they each have their own attributes and some would find they like one over the other for particular circumstances.
July 12, 2017 03:43PM
If the other machine seems to find relics that impact misses than keep it. But todays machines are faster and deeper and way better at unmasking and the coils are better I think. I am keeping my racer and dues and I use the impact all of the time

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 12, 2017 06:19PM
I've had the Fors Core, Racer and Racer 2. The Impact is better than all 3. It should be for the price. For those that don't have the money the other three are fine. But if you own an Impact then use it.
July 12, 2017 07:53PM
If you already have the Relic and the Impact is coming then try them head to head on same targets in your soil and determine for yourself how the response comes through. Make sure you have the impact at 20khz and determine the response on low conductors for your soil conditions and go from there.
September 01, 2017 06:34PM
Some targets can be had using Relic detector using round smallest coil that Impact with smallest football coil can't alert on.

Now having the newer released round small coil Impact may cure this difference some, a great or totally.
I don't have the new round for Impact.

My field testing of Impact comparing targets to Nokta relic, and other detectors showed.

Actually some of the detected by Relic detector and not by Impact,,,relic wearing smallest coil,,,Impact wearing football coil were targets up against trees.

Dug a nice barber dime at one site,,hunted hard to.
Didn't find much coin wise while testing Impact and doing comparisons to other detectors.
But right up against old well house relic detector pops a signal.
Impact football coil, just couldn't get there to detect. Coil's center was just too far off center to give signal.
Nails near dime too.

To be fair, Impact did see some targets Relic detector wouldn't alert on.
The smallest coils, difference dimensions likely the cause.
And was expected.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2017 07:01PM by Sod-buster.
September 01, 2017 07:22PM
I agree. I don't really like the 4x7 on the Impact but it's all I have for a small coil. I was really hoping that coil would be as good as the Snake on T2 Classic. The 7" concentric will be replacing it for me.

Rick