Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Aquamanta , Pulse Iron Discriminator Video link.

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Aquamanta , Pulse Iron Discriminator Video link.
October 08, 2017 01:10AM
[www.youtube.com]

Posted on another forum that First Texas Bought them out.

Interesting Iron rejection while detecting the gold ring under the nails. Relic hunters should be chomping at the bit to try something like this in their carpet of nails locations.

Could this be the reason First Texas is marking down the f19 and G2's?
Re: Aquamanta , Pulse Iron Discriminator Video link.
October 08, 2017 01:50AM
Can't wait!

That french dude sold it out to them a while back. I seen the vid he made while working on it in his basement.

A PI that disc out iron and sees right thru it is a dream come true!
October 08, 2017 03:02AM
Alexandre Tartar. Now a First Texas employee. Presumably busy with his team in France working to turn a promising prototype series into a production machine. We will see what we see when we see it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 08, 2017 08:47AM
Eric Foster Goldscan 5c is in that mix! Best Pulse detector I ever used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 01:04AM by Alpha Goat.
October 08, 2017 12:17PM
BUT..... will we ever see it??? Just seems like it takes forever to go from promise to production. Thats still a LOT of stuff hanging off that guy. Looks as large as an aqua sound.... can we size that down a bit and is it a water machine? I swung an aqua sound...... id certainly give this a try IF we get it and it is what they say it is. I know a lot of guys here in FL that would test one for um. Put your hand down Tom you get all the good stuff lol.

Dew
October 08, 2017 12:31PM
[www.youtube.com]

TDI can mimic the same results with nails.
October 08, 2017 06:30PM
Whites dropped the ball Big Time when they didn't pursue the attributes of the TDI line---even though Boykin said they were "old technology". Soooo where is the New technology????????
October 09, 2017 01:44AM
Alexandre has been working for 10 years or so to take the basic GB PI detector and turn it into a beach monster. Hopefully sometime soon we can all see how it has turned out. My fingers are crossed. If it really happens - I’m off on Beach Safari - my little Casita travel trailer - leaving Arizona behind and wringing out the new detector on every kind of beach I can get to. Maybe I’ll even try and get it back to its roots and hop on a flight to France!

I’m sure there’s a lot of hard work between now and an eventual production detector - and not all development projects end sucessfully - but I’m optimistic.

If I find any Rolexes however - I’m donating them to charity - just got my wife’s serviced - $500!

Rick Kempf
October 11, 2017 06:51AM
Excellent and very promising video, but I don't know if it's a good thing, when a big company get's behind it. We all know, what they want... their only goal is to make the most profit. And what would be the "right" way to do it? Limit the performance and increase it step by step over the years...

I want this machine how it is, now smiling smiley.
October 11, 2017 05:16PM
When a Pulse Induction detector ...
is waterproof to 10 meters,
deeper than a multifreq. detector like the Excalibur, CZ21 or CTX,
ignores black sand which shuts those detectors down completely,
has a simple iron ID method which works to good depth (including some “see-through iron” ability)
and also can detect small gold jewelery in salt water (which no current waterproof detector can do)
- then it’s pretty much “game over”.

At that point, as far as wet salt beach hunting goes, there’s nothing much left to do.
More depth at the beach would be pointless - you can’t practically dig much deeper than 15” in wet sand,
higher discrimination than iron is undesirable when hunting gold jewelry.

I’m not saying that the Manta project will result in the detector I describe above - I am saying that I an reasonably optimistic that at some we will have such a detector on the market. Other than confirming that Manta is now a Fisher project and that they are proceeding with it, First Texas has said nothing. No hype, no promises or teases. We will just have to wait and see.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 05:58PM by lytle78.
October 11, 2017 08:28PM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> TDI can mimic the same results with nails.

But the minute you employ the "tricks" on the TDI, to tell nails/iron apart from conductors, is the moment you can kiss the fabled depth goodbye. You will be left with the depth you could have gotten from a standard machine. Hence .... why not just simply use a standard machine ??

So too do I think there will be some "devil in the details" on that machine in the video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 08:31PM by Tom_in_CA.
October 11, 2017 09:02PM
Tom, the devil is ALWAYS in the details - how right you are.

I am optimistic. Tom Walsh - the boss at First Texas - is famously careful with their money. I don’t think he would “buy a pig in a poke”.

We will see - hopefully before we’re all too old to use the darned thing!

I do believe however that Alexandre has evolved some new method of “slicing” the signal which gets around the depth loss - again - we will see what we see when we see it.

Rick Kempf