Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett AT Max VS Nokta Impact...Shocking Result’s…Metal Detecting Tests Video

Posted by hastings 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett AT Max VS Nokta Impact...Shocking Result’s…Metal Detecting Tests Video
October 26, 2017 06:52PM
Unreasonable expectations. Especially with those small coils.

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2017 07:29PM by Cabin Fever.
Re: Garrett AT Max VS Nokta Impact...Shocking Result’s…Metal Detecting Tests Video
October 26, 2017 07:38PM
Using the 5 X 8 on the at Maxx and similar football coil for the Impact on 9 plus inches deep targets is what he us doing wrong. Hell he had the one on edge at 10 inches, not sure of any machine that would hit that even with a large coil.
Re: Garrett AT Max VS Nokta Impact...Shocking Result’s…Metal Detecting Tests Video
October 26, 2017 08:31PM
"It's like one of those TV game shows that wastes a lot of food!"
without using either unit myself - my guess would be that those tests should be carried out with the stock coils or bigger, which are designed to hit targets at that depth -

Also set each detector up to their respected maximum performance settings for that type of test - As previously mentioned by other posters, I think he has the wrong coils for the test -

No disrespect to Harry as he does have us asking some questions, but perhaps a follow up vid using the same units, with stock coils fitted and set up to their deepest settings - Might be a different story -

Also, I wonder if any detector can hit those targets & if so, which one?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 26, 2017 09:02PM
He should have dug a trench instead of those holes
LoL

expecting to hit 10/12" deep coins with 4.5x7" / 5x8" coils
October 26, 2017 10:10PM
I very seriously doubt that anyone over there is detecting plowed fields with 4.5x7" / 5x8" coils spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Doesn't seem like a very well thought out test IMHO (and he sure drug it out forever to get to that conclusion....thank god for fast-foward!).

Even if his test targets were less deep, at least use the same sized coils if your trying to do an apples to apples comparison. Put the factory 11" DD coils on both machines and call it a day.

Also no idea why the Di3 mode was used, as it's clearly not the deepest mode on the Impact, seems he got some bad info on that account as well.

October 26, 2017 10:25PM
Haha he seems like he was doing that video to take a shot at people on some of the forums or Facebook groups. There are people on there ALL THE TIME claiming their machines can get those depths with small coils like that. I've actually saw a few guys with AT Pros claim 12 inch dimes with the 5x8 coil. Most people with detecting knowledge knows it is BS, but detecting people are classic examples of "fisherman's tales" when it comes to depth. Every once in a while it is fun to call them out on it.
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha he seems like he was doing that video to take
> a shot at people on some of the forums or Facebook
> groups. There are people on there ALL THE TIME cl
> aiming their machines can get those depths with sm
> all coils like that. I've actually saw a few guys
> with AT Pros claim 12 inch dimes with the 5x8 coil
> . Most people with detecting knowledge knows it i
> s BS, but detecting people are classic examples of
> "fisherman's tales" when it comes to depth. Every
> once in a while it is fun to call them out on it.

I agree 100% Daniel. This fellow new what he was doing and it was great. I can see you doing a video just like that.
October 27, 2017 01:44AM
Bill - You have me pegged. Haha. I have done a few videos just like that in the past. One of my biggest ones was the TDI Pro vs TDI SL. There was a certain guy that kept saying the SL was as deep as the Pro, if not deeper. I had both and was saying otherwise. So I did a whole video showing the comparisons. Another guy got on board and also done some videos. End result was, both of us got banned from that particular TDI forum.
Think he is a mine lab guy also
October 27, 2017 03:45AM
Pedlar mills Wrote:
> Think he is a mine lab guy also

Actually, he's a big Garrett guy lol
October 27, 2017 05:08AM
The apparently bogus teaser title to this thread got me to watch something I usually avoid, but 30 seconds was all I could take of this guy.
October 27, 2017 08:25AM
Imagine if you could get them depths with small coils though!
October 27, 2017 10:09AM
I sawed this guy at las Detectival in the UK. Interesting.
Hello guys... since our device was one of the leading ''actors'' in the video, I wanted to add my comments there. Just copying and pasting:

Hello there. This is Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager of Nokta & Makro Detectors. I try to avoid getting involved in user discussions about the performance of our products because I strongly believe that end users have the right to like/dislike a product. Metal detectors is a very personal choice…what works for one customer may not work for the other one.

However, when I saw this video, I wanted to chime in and make a few comments as this video as well as some of your comments may be misleading - definitely not for the experienced users – but especially for those who are new to the hobby and not very experienced.
First of all, and most importantly, why do you have the IM24 Impact 5’’x9.5’’ coil on the machine while doing these tests??? This is NOT what the device comes with meaning this is NOT the standard coil! This is an optional coil. Impact standard coil is the IM28 coil which is an 11’’x7’’ coil. Since you say you know how to metal detect, I assume you also know that coil size is one of the biggest factors affecting depth.
As the title of your video says ‘’shocking’’, you missing this point is shocking to me as well.

Secondly, you say that you are using the ‘’best’’ settings – according to whom? And under what conditions?
The Impact has 12 search modes and 3 different frequencies and a lot of features designed for different types of targets as well as ground and environmental conditions.
Why DI3 was being used? One of the targets was a copper piece so what setting did you have the iSAT at?
Which operating frequency was being used? Was there any EMI and if there was, did you shift the freq?
Have you read the manual thoroughly? Have you gone on a few hunts and really understood this product before you decided to shoot this video?
Probably not because to my knowledge, you just got this device in the post a day ago. And believe me when I say this as the ‘’manufacturer’’ of this product, 1 day is a very short period of time to master a powerful machine like the Impact.

I could go on and on with these questions yet my goal is not to criticize your video. However, you say that this is an honest video – honesty is appreciated by everybody including myself but I highly recommend to add a little bit of ‘’fairness’’ into the mix. If one of my guys from my team were with you there and optimized the device, I can guarantee you and all the members here that the results would be very different.

iDetect, if you really are honest and serious about getting the most out of the Impact, I am always around. Should you need any assistance with the device and its features and/or settings you can email me at dilek@noktadetectors.com

If not and if the purpose of this video is different then, I just leave all the rest to your as well as all the end users’ inner conscience.

PS. You say ''companies will hate you''. Metal detecting is a very unique hobby. It unites people, brings back memories.. it is about history... and nature ...and excitement. There should not be any hatred where such nice values are present. So personally, hatred has never been part of my career. What will this video do ? It will just add to our passion and motivation as a company.

Best Regards,

Dilek
October 27, 2017 10:25AM
Amen. Nothing to say. Nice elaborate Dilek. Yes, the coil can be unbalanced, also.

In my opinion, this video is in funny factor area only and I think about it this way.
October 27, 2017 11:08AM
Double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 11:15AM by ghound.
October 27, 2017 11:10AM
Lol, i think he got the reaction he was looking, bet his channel subs go through the roof!
To be fair to the guy, he probably saw many a posts or video links on the internet of folk saying they were hitting dimes at silly depths with small coils etc, so thought it might hit a larger quarter at 12".
On the other hand, and i mean no disrespect to Dilek or other company reps, but i've yet to see a manufacturer chime in when folk claim some improbable depths or magic coins appearing in 'hunted out grounds by all the other top units' , probably because in only adds to sales, but when the boots on the other foot lol

Hopefully he'll run another test where the coins are within reach, folk would like to see how they compare.
October 27, 2017 12:10PM
I think Daniel hit it. I was laughing while watching the video. This guy knows better and is not new at detecting. He was making fun in his own smart alec way.
October 27, 2017 12:11PM
As I said: Fun Factor only.
just unsubbed - haven't got time for fake news in the hobby as well smiling smiley - lol

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 27, 2017 02:06PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Bill - You have me pegged. Haha. I have done a fe
> w videos just like that in the past. One of my bi
> ggest ones was the TDI Pro vs TDI SL. There was a
> certain guy that kept saying the SL was as deep as
> the Pro, if not deeper. I had both and was saying
> otherwise. So I did a whole video showing the com
> parisons. Another guy got on board and also done s
> ome videos. End result was, both of us got banned
> from that particular TDI forum.

Daniel I well remember the forum and videos of which you speak and I was really POed with the banning because I was just beginning with my TDI's and you were my main info source.

Of course your position and videos have been verified MANY times---please keep commenting any info on your use or knowledge of the TDI's.
I see the video has been removed by its poster. I watched most of it and thought "what an idiot". I wasn't surprised by the detectors at all. I was surprised by the tester.