Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Out with the Signum MFD this weekend!

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Out with the Signum MFD this weekend!
October 18, 2017 02:13PM
I have used three AKA models and I'am very curious about the Deep Mode! Is it a magnetometer or PI or neither? Unreal depth of detection with some tone disc it appears. You must hold the coil up off the ground to eliminate small surface targets. May be practical to hunt artillery shells, huts and deep caches.
Re: Out with the Signum MFD this weekend!
October 18, 2017 03:32PM
It will be interesting to see how you find it, i've not tried it on mine yet.
October 18, 2017 04:54PM
The coil rises above the ground until the response from the ground and/or surface metal debris disappears.
Moving the coil should be very smooth and strictly at the same height.
The coil for this mode is 13" - 15" with a frequency of 3 or maximum of 7 KHz.
Usually a 15" 3 kHz coil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 05:41PM by vfp7.
October 18, 2017 09:05PM
DEEP Mode complete quide: [www.en.akaforums.com]
October 18, 2017 09:20PM
Cool feature. You can also hunt for large silver coins with it. Isn't it?
October 18, 2017 09:29PM
Sure, if they are large and heavy spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 18, 2017 10:45PM
Have fun!

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 01, 2017 06:09PM
In a few words,DP mode is based on VLF as well,but sygnals pass through a new algorythm,that allows to ignore,for example,nails being near ground surface and to catch what under this carpet.And the most noticable feature of this action is a distinct identification of those targets showing if they are non-ferrous or ferrous.
There are only two additional settings for this Mode-2 filters on the menu and keeping these filters at their end positions,it becomes available to seek even for separate coins with higher depth.
November 01, 2017 08:28PM
Thanks Igor. It's a great mode to have!thumbs down
November 01, 2017 08:44PM
Surely it can not ignore a nail that is directly over a non ferrous item.
November 01, 2017 10:56PM
Ignoring concerns in the case of rather big non-ferrous targets,10 or more cm.in diameter and at some distance deeper,than nails near surface.So,the main task of DP mode is seeking for treasures with an identification.A coil should be at some distance from the surface,let's say 40-50 cm.This point allows to ignore nails,but allows to see what is under them.
But as I told,changing some setting on the menu will give an opportunity to seek for separate coins as well in DP mode,but this kind will be like the standart seeking mode,but some deeper ,and of course,usual physical effects will appear.