Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ forums

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ forums
April 26, 2011 01:14PM
Im in the process of doing my research for a new machine. Fisher interests me... a lot because of Tom and his passion for them. You just dont see that much from the other so called gurus for their machines. However.... what ive seen is little posting of finds and more complaining about service, repairs, dumbing down the equipment or inconsistency between machines. Obviously im looking for reliability i want to be able to trust my equipment..... and yes most of all id like to buy American. Now days these companies want a lot of money ... or at least for me.... for this equipment, but seem to run or look the other way if there are alledged problems. If a company gets a stigma for bad service or machine .... it really takes time to out live it. Dont get me wrong..... all the companies seem to be looking the other way rather that seeing, fixing, and accepting responsibility. This just makes it take longer for people like me to make the right decision. Like Tom, i want the best detector i can get for the type of hunting im doing regardless of who makes it. I dont do a lot of machine swapping or upgrading unless there is something worth the money. Now the question is.... does Fisher make a machine that i should take serious as a water machine? I know their rep as far as the CZ20.... but in the long run is repair costs for SNAFUs more costly than just putting out more money up front for what everyone elce is using?

Dew
In a nutshell...
April 26, 2011 04:38PM
CZ's are old technology that really works and Tom does a terrific job enhancing the hobby and tunes CZ3D's to perfection...CZ's had a good 20 year run and one of these days may even see the end of production of the CZ3D
as the new Fisher is concentrating on technology. Read between the lines on every forum as not all posted is a truism as operator error has to be taken into consideration as even though CZ's are user friendly takes time to feel confident with one in the field..As far as manufacturers go never had any problems with the new or old Fisher and imagine if a company didn't have good tech's doubt if it would prosper and all instances differ..Lots of good detectors out there and service varies as some are better than others with service after the sale so do your homework and pick a detector of your choice and good luck.
PS: think about this ever read a bad field test and am sure you will find hype in every ad whether it be a detector
or a car etc. as thats what advertising is all about...
Re: CZ forums
April 26, 2011 05:22PM
I hear what you are saying about the field reviews... more focus on the positive. There are a lot of excellent machines right now.... or at least those with bells and whistles. I dont rush into buying a newly marketed machine its always nice to see the bugs worked out just like any other product. Another reason i read these forums.... there are a lot of very good people in our hobby with a wealth of knowledge and willing to share it honestly based on years of experience and hands on use. Some are brand specific users others arent. Both have good points of view. Thanks Dan.

Dew
Re: CZ forums
April 26, 2011 07:46PM
I have 2 CZ's . My oldest , a CZ5 has been my standby & has been great. I recently had a problem with it & sent it back to Texas , for its first repair. I got it back in a very short time, & it works better than ever. I cannot complain about their service at all !