Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Someone tell us about How the Quest 40 seems and also seems the Questpro is now Multi freq selectable

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Q40 sounds ZIPPY..

But this Pro seems exciting

[www.deteknix.com]

Video out last week

[vimeo.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 05:40PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Someone tell us about the Quest 40 seems you can buy them here now for
November 11, 2017 05:22PM
Their doing well in Europe. That's about all I know at the moment!smiling smiley
Re: Someone tell us about the Quest 40 seems you can buy them here now for
November 11, 2017 05:25PM
Hey George here's the one we need to get hold of the QuestPro

[vimeo.com]

[www.deteknix.com]

5,13 20 khz

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Yes indeed!winking smiley
What do you want to know?
Release date supposed to be just before Xmas for production model.
Tony Hunt in the UK is getting a prototype within the next few days. So it looks like some adjustments to be made?
I did not get a prototype to test, so I can't tell you much about anything at this point. I still have the orig. Quest Pro and still serves me well.
Did get a production Q40 to test out, (https://www.treasurelinx.com/quest_md.html)wonderful detector for the price. Looks like some Q20 and Q40's made it finally to the US distributor.
The Q40 is taking off in the UK and in Europe, they are making many great finds, wish I was there.
Deteknix(Quest) took a lot of bashing with the first Pro, little gun shy about US distribution and interest..........................
I understand all Quest models have entirely new software.....................
I had the specs for the new Pro months ago before before the Equinox was announced, looks like Minelab is getting in on the smaller concept detector like the Deus and Quest have.

Keith I will email you.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 11:34PM by Sven1.
The Quest 40 is single frequency. 13kHz. Mine does have 8 frequency shift within the 13kHz band.

Works for me
I cant comment on the 40 but FWIW I bought a Quest 20 at the Kellyco store in Orlando for my Grandkids the day before yesterday. They (the store) just got (only 1 or 2) in the day before. I wanted something to introduce the kids to metal detecting, yet be simple and work in wet or dry sand and be waterproof (coil) at the beach since they live in Florida. We tried it out for a couple hours yesterday. For the price I was happy with its performance. Its ground balance was good. Its light, compact, and simple to use. Contrary to the chart I saw online, it does have sensitivity settings, depth, target id (1 to 99 I think), discrimination modes (coin, jewelry, all metal), and some other features that were unexpected in that price range. It came with a USB cord that charges the built in lion battery, which the kids definitely understood. Being able to charge from the car was nice. Overall quality and build seems good but time will tell. I'm looking forward to reports on their finds if it holds their interests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 12:39PM by coherent.
Yup, just found out Kellyco will be selling the Quest detectors. Pretty interesting, as I was told they snubbed Deteknix and its products when they approached Kellyco a couple years ago. Guess they now see $$$$, money talks.
If you want to buy from a small dealer who is a sponsor of a number forums who buys from the US distributor of Quest products, PM me.

Works for me
Hey Sven thanks for info will reply to email shortly!!

Coherrent thanks for the info!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla