Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

18" BigFoot coil, freq. box.

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
18" BigFoot coil, freq. box.
December 12, 2017 04:42PM
Hi all, dose anyone know what a freq. box dose on a bigfoot coil to make it work on late and early 6.59KHZ detectors. I have never seen one. but just got a coil with one on it. Any help??? Thanks flintstone
Re: 18" BigFoot coil, freq. box.
December 13, 2017 01:03AM
Well I guess no one else knows what it is.I will just see when I get it,what ever it is it is on the coil cord, a little black box about a foot from where it gose to control box.
December 13, 2017 01:16AM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all, dose anyone know what a freq. box dose on
> a bigfoot coil to make it work on late and early 6
> .59KHZ detectors. I have never seen one. but just
> got a coil with one on it. Any help??? Thanks fl
> intstone

Just sounds like a converter box Flint

converts from one freq to another to work properly on the unit
December 13, 2017 01:49AM
This may be related here to what you are asking/have Flintstone.

[www.findmall.com]

[www.ahrps.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2017 02:16AM by Sod-buster.
December 13, 2017 02:17AM
By-Joe Sod-buster I think you got it. That is what it looks like, never seen one before. The ad said it would work on most 6.59Khz detectors. Thanks flintstone
December 13, 2017 02:28AM
Like I said = a "converter" of sorts depending on which machine/what freq it was running
December 13, 2017 03:44PM
Jimmy made a model to use on both old and new.Simply by switching the 2 wires you can use on old or new..Hope this helps...
December 13, 2017 03:57PM
Not "old and new". Unless you're talking "Old" early 1980's and "New" late 1980's early 1990's
December 13, 2017 04:17PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
> Not "old and new". Unless you're talking "Old" ea
> rly 1980's and "New" late 1980's early 1990's

Yes from New to Old 6.59 khz as Tom Slick says.
Tom Slick is the Bigfoot king!
December 13, 2017 05:13PM
Here is a link with Bigfoot coil pics, opinions, etc.

Rick who posts here seems has these.

[www.detectorprospector.com]
December 13, 2017 05:29PM
Thanks all for the info. I might have hit a jackpot. Steve H said he would not sell his for $500.00, I might just have to let mine go. Sod-buster, that thing on Findmall is what is on mine, dose that make it work better or just other detectors? I think I am going to try and make a coil cover for it, any ideas? flintstone
December 13, 2017 06:20PM
My engineering guess is that the box swaps over the two wires coming from the receive coil. That is, you have the option of:
RX-A-in ---->RX-A-out
RX-B-in ---->RX-B-out

or:
RX-A-in --->RX-B-out
RX-B-in --->RX-A-out

A peculiar characteristic of reversing RX coil wires is non-motion/pinpoint mode works OK, but motion-mode gives a characteristic 'double-blip' on a target, each side of the centre of the coil. This double-blip was mentioned in one of the threads linked to.
December 13, 2017 06:42PM
Flintstone it's what Wayne said it's a adapter from the older Whites Series three to the Blue max series...

My buddy back then was a Whites dealer So I saw those for awhile during the late 89 or maybe early 90 cant remember seems like it wasn't long built though..

Whites started switching over their lineup to the newer coils...you know to the pancake 950 from the old white 8 inch blue box units coils....

The big foots where all up to that point made for the S2 S3 series blue box whites..then along comes the new line of machines and for awhile there was an adapter till finally just blue max series big foot coils were built standalone ..yours is the transition period coil..nice if you have old and newer type whites to use it on...

The Big foots for the blue max line of detectors usually brings about 150.00 to so maybe 200.00 if really nice..

The Big foots for the eclipse machines will bring 500+ it seems...Hmmmmm need to go look in my box of coils....

Big foots are known for cracking here and there as they age some are better than others..

Their great for ground coverage I used one or two over the years ona 5900 for open land searching for habitat spots where soldiers may have rested for awhile...they would drop so little and that if you wasn't dead on a stopping spot you'd miss it..the Big foot increased the odds of locating it then knowing where to swing ..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 13, 2017 07:36PM
Also the later run Bigfoots had the upgraded thicker coil ears as previous ears cracked easy and would have to be re-glued. They didn't make many 6.59 khz Bigfoots with the thicker ears so they are a rare find. I think all of the DFX, MXT models Had them.
December 13, 2017 08:43PM
That's what I mean Tom Slick......had one years go....switch wires old Whites....reverse wires and for new Whites...my guess at best....
December 13, 2017 09:32PM
Flintstone Wrote:
> Thanks all for the info. I might have hit a jackpo
> t. Steve H said he would not sell his for $500.00,
> I might just have to let mine go. Sod-buster, that
> thing on Findmall is what is on mine, dose that ma
> ke it work better or just other detectors? I thin
> k I am going to try and make a coil cover for it,
> any ideas? flintstone

Flintstone,
I know very little about the Bigfoot coils.
I just did a little research and posted to try and help you out.

And by my doing I learned more about the coils.

Looks like a minesweeper.
And sounds like you like it.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.