Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found 3 silver coins while grilling ribs tonight!!!

Posted by kickback 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found 3 silver coins while grilling ribs tonight!!!
August 07, 2008 04:49AM
Went to my fathers house for BBqed ribs.They got on a little late.I had about 20 minutes before they would be done.I dragged out the F-75 and started hunting his yard.I have pounded this yard with my CZ3D when I had it.The first coin was a 1936 Washington quarter,next coin 1940 Mercury dime,next coin 1942 Mercury dime,next coin 1946 Wheatie.Now I've been hunting for a whole 12 minutes by my watch.I was floored.I had found 2 silver Canadian quarters and 3 silver Canadian dimes in this same spot when I hunted it with the CZ3D.I can't believe I missed these coins.I could see 2 old plugs at this spot.The ground is talcum powder dry.There are big electric lines overhead and a transformer within 15 feet.The 75 had a background of crackling EMI.I was still able to get good enough tones and ID numbers to hunt.All the coins were 3 inches deep or less.Both the Mercs and the wheatie are in excellent shape.The quarter shows a little wear.Now my father told me they will be deducted from my inheritance.He is bad.He was speechless when I walked in the the coins.After the ribs I found 4 more clad dimes,3 nickels and 5 copper pennies.I asked him "what do you think you'd find if you hunted all the yards on this block?"All the house were built at about the same time as his.His is the smallest.Is it unethical to put on black clothes and black grease paint on your face and hunt 10 blocks of old houses late at night.Even if you quiet?
Re: Found 3 silver coins while grilling ribs tonight!!!
August 07, 2008 05:53AM
Humm Good job..I wonder if you give the yard a good ole wet soken with the water hose if anything else will sound off..
Re: Found 3 silver coins while grilling ribs tonight!!!
August 07, 2008 06:33AM
Now that thought had crossed my mind.
Simply put...
August 07, 2008 08:50PM
F75 is a faster unit and is not easily masked..Many worked out areas are producing not neccesarily deeper than a CZ but coins that were masked using slower units and that includes Explorers and CZ's among others...Certainly can cover a lot of ground with a F-70 or 75 as they can be swung faster and still produce...
Re: Simply put...
August 08, 2008 01:12AM
Bill,

NO detector should miss a silver quarter.... or silver dimes at only 3" - 4" depth! Sounds like you had a VERY good day......... possibly a record-breaker; due to finding the MOST silver in the SHORTEST amount of time. For me........ on a ALL-DAY hunt............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, coming home with 2 silver coins is a good day. And, for ratio purposes.... I normally find approx 5-1/2 wheat pennies to one silver coin --- 5-1/2 : 1