Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Torn on detectors

Posted by master_cat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Torn on detectors
January 27, 2018 07:26PM
Iv got the impact but now I see the new multi kruizor coming out I was going to buy the minelab equinox but I'm torn now
Re: Torn on detectors
January 27, 2018 07:54PM
Impact or Kruzer for the Iron infested sites. Kruzer for freshwater sites' and Equinox for Saltwater sites. Easy pezzy. Just get yourself the Equinox to go with your Impact and you'll have all the bases covered.
January 27, 2018 08:00PM
If you are a salt water GOLD hunter......or even a raw gold hunter dont pass on the EQ....we are going to see good things out of this machine.

Dew
January 27, 2018 08:42PM
Hey master cat,

This forum has a bunch of enablers giving advice, it will cost you a bunch to keep up with this crowd...lollollollollollol

I think this is the metal detector of the month forum or maybe even week as fast as new metal detectors have hit the market.
January 27, 2018 08:45PM
I think it's Funny the Equinox is not even out yet and People are already recommending it. Ha!
January 27, 2018 09:03PM
Equinox 800 is the easy choice.
All other single frequency detectors are now obsolete!
That should ruffle some feathers..

Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2018 09:05PM by Cabin Fever.
January 27, 2018 09:13PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's Funny the Equinox is not even out yet
> and People are already recommending it. Ha!

Kruzer ain't out yet either Harold & people are recommending it.-----I think you & I will just keep our ole "antique" Etracs and just keep on ah findin da silver!! Huh??thumbs down
January 27, 2018 09:23PM
Skip the Kruzer.....Nokta will offer a real multi frequency detector by the end of the year. It's what they do.
January 27, 2018 09:30PM
goodmore Wrote:
> Skip the Kruzer.....Nokta will offer a real multi
> frequency detector by the end of the year. It's wh
> at they do.

Righto!! (IMO)
January 27, 2018 09:41PM
Hombre Wrote:
> Hey master cat,
>
> This forum has a bunch of enablers giving advice,
> it will cost you a bunch to keep up with this crow
> d...lollollollollollol
>
> I think this is the metal detector of the month fo
> rum or maybe even week as fast as new metal detect
> ors have hit the market.

Hombre is one wise gent.

Detector models are getting like the weather, just wait and things will change.

Heck, we may see another model being flaunted soon before release.
January 27, 2018 09:44PM
And whatever model it is will get a great review. I can't remember when I last heard a Bad review on a Detector?
January 27, 2018 10:41PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> And whatever model it is will get a great review.
> I can't remember when I last heard a Bad review on
> a Detector?

There's no such thing...
January 27, 2018 10:50PM
Hombre Wrote:

> This forum has a bunch of enablers giving advice, it will cost you a bunch to keep up with this crowd...lollollollollollol
>

Ain't that the truth....I've been trying for years to scale my detecting collection down to TWO machines.......damn enablers smiling bouncing smiley
January 27, 2018 10:53PM
TexHunter Wrote:
> Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And whatever model it is will get a great review
> .
> > I can't remember when I last heard a Bad review on a Detector?
>
> There's no such thing...

Believe me, if I get a machine that sucks, or has something about it I don't like, I'm vocal about it....

As I seem to recall, the MX Sport didn't exactly get glowing reviews when it came out....plagued with software issues, and cracked covers that leaked and White's (initially) tried to sweep the disaster under the rug....so I don't think I'd completely agree with that.
January 28, 2018 12:07AM
Any word on anything new coming out of the States?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
January 28, 2018 12:25AM
rustic charm Wrote:
> Any word on anything new coming out of the States?
Yeah----A FT pin pointer!thumbs downgrinning smiley
January 28, 2018 12:37AM
goodmore Wrote:
> Skip the Kruzer.....Nokta will offer a real multi
> frequency detector by the end of the year. It's wh
> at they do.

Correct! If you already have an Impact get the Nox. Then next year Nok/Mak will come out with a true Multi Freq unit or a PI. It is, indeed, what they do. I was hoping that that's what the Kruzer was gonna be. But, alas, I will have to wait.

Dean
January 28, 2018 09:17AM
I think it would be crazy to buy the Kruzer first, wait a few weeks till the Equinox is released and folk get to compare units, then there will be plenty of cheap 2nd hand Kruzers about!
January 28, 2018 11:01AM
As a water hunter ive seen little change in machines. They just keep repackaging coin/relic machines and making them water proof. This machine may well be a move toward a machine that is better at finding what we are looking for out there...... gold. Multi freq for beach hunters that will hit on small gold ..... plus the added 20 and 40 khz makes this a good choice for the beach.... especially salt water. The price for us..... is a steal too. Is it a dirt machine....... i cant say, but for someone looking for a do it well machine so far im impressed. Time will tell wont it?

Dew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2018 11:25AM by dewcon4414.
January 28, 2018 11:43AM
My personal opinion is it makes no odds what the latest detecting offering you get its still the skill set of the operator and not necessary the feature of the chosen detector,just by buying one of those latest must have machines does not make you a better detectorist.A detector on its own is just a fancy piece of plastic with some fancy pieces of electronics inside but its the skill set of the operator,this is why the manufactures select certain folks because they are basically at the pinnacle of detecting and learnt the detecting craft over a very long time in most cases decades.

So by putting a skilled operator in charge of these latest offerings it makes these machines look super duper efficient over previous models when basically its the skilled operator who get the best out of these machines.
January 28, 2018 03:33PM
Heck its your bucks......can see a lot of last weeks detectors on the classifieds or perhaps more crowded closets....