Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Treasures from the wreck of the Unbelievable...

Posted by Jackpine 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Treasures from the wreck of the Unbelievable...
January 24, 2018 08:48PM
I just finished watching this documentary on Netflix that chronicles the recovery of artifacts and GOLD from a Roman shipwreck off the east coast of Africa. If you have not seen it, all I will say is that the scale of finds are mind blowing out of this world.

Tom

spoiler alert I've been had LOL

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2018 08:50PM by Jackpine.
Re: Treasures from the wreck of the Unbelievable...
January 24, 2018 08:55PM
It's not a real shipwreck it's a fake promotional documentary
January 24, 2018 08:58PM
Yup,

The coral encrusted statue of Mickey Mouse is the giveaway. LOL

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
January 24, 2018 09:00PM
I believed it for almost half of the show.was really annoyed when I figured out it.
January 24, 2018 09:02PM
What I couldn't figure out is why this "amazing" treasure find wasn't in the news. I must not read the right kind of news LOL

January 24, 2018 10:48PM
Jackpine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just finished watching this documentary on Netfl
> ix that chronicles the recovery of artifacts and G
> OLD from a Roman shipwreck off the east coast of A
> frica. If you have not seen it, all I will say is
> that the scale of finds are mind blowing out of th
> is world.
>
> Tom
>
> spoiler alert I've been had LOL

I saw that too, while I was watching it I googled it and found out that it was a fraud, was kind of pissed that I wasted an hour of my life watching it, BUT it was pretty convincing.....fake new to the max!

BTW you think that one was good, watch this one: Houston, We Have a Problem!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2018 10:48PM by Cal_cobra.
January 24, 2018 11:24PM
I watched it a few weeks ago. I didn't know it was B.S. Now Iam ticked for wasting time watching it.
Corey
January 26, 2018 03:25PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:

> I saw that too, while I was watching it I googled
> it and found out that it was a fraud, was kind of
> pissed that I wasted an hour of my life watching i
> t, BUT it was pretty convincing.....fake new to th
> e max!

How much you want to make a bet that there will be people who believe it. It will just be taken as a true treasure story, and impossible to put to rest.

Example: When/if you've ever sparred intellectually, on a forum thread, with those who believe in some of the famous treasure legends (ie.: Yamashita, etc....) they will sometimes come back with links to stories of supposed found treasure . To prop up their belief that more exist and are waiting to be found. But when you go to check on the reliability of their news source, it's some sort of European news rag that akin our our "National Enquirer" type reliability. Ie.: just tabloid junk . Eg.: bigfoot was seen, Elvis is still alive, and celebrity gossip type junk.

But the mere fact it made it in print, or a TV show, now makes it somehow legit.
January 26, 2018 11:47PM
I was pretty ticked when I saw Mickey mouse.
January 27, 2018 03:16AM
Diggs4ever Wrote:
> I was pretty ticked when I saw Mickey mouse.

I didn't see that, but yeah that's a funny clue...all that so the artist could make a few bucks.
January 28, 2018 11:07PM
Good thing I stopped watching after 10 minutes.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 29, 2018 05:03AM
If you guys will keep it on the down low and promise not to tell, i found the nazi gold train whilst detecting in a park this evening. It was only 3 inches deep and how it got to San Angelo I havent a clue.Will take a while to fully dig it all out but im confident i can do it... Once fully recovered each forum member gets 2 bars of gold and Tom gets 4 since its his site.. Now remember you promised not to tell..
TH