Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DETECTIVAL 2018

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DETECTIVAL 2018
September 15, 2018 03:34PM
Re: DETECTIVAL 2018
September 15, 2018 03:47PM
So a multi freq that runs at the same time/ very interesting

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 15, 2018 04:02PM
Interesting
They are on the move, not standing around.
September 15, 2018 04:43PM
The "best for last" one is the one that caught my attention. The detector without a name...and to think, I just watched those Eastwood westerns the other night (the man without a name).

I have a name suggestion for it.

The Halon. The reasons? Halon is a compound for carbon and other things that is used in fire extinguishers and such. The detector will probably be of a carbon rod makeup and may be used to extinguish the Equinox fire. I like it. The Halon series.
September 15, 2018 04:43PM
skip the meat! eat the pudding!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 15, 2018 05:05PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The "best for last" one is the one that caught my
> attention. The detector without a name...and to t
> hink, I just watched those Eastwood westerns the o
> ther night (the man without a name).
>
> I have a name suggestion for it.
>
> The Halon. The reasons? Halon is a compound for
> carbon and other things that is used in fire extin
> guishers and such. The detector will probably be o
> f a carbon rod makeup and may be used to extinguis
> h the Equinox fire. I like it. The Halon serie
> s.

Hey Daniel-----How about "You Know My Name" (Sam Elliot).-----That work?winking smiley
September 15, 2018 05:30PM
It is my opinion whatever name is selected, the name should develop a nickname. Especially if name is longer. Food for thought. Shorter names(nick names) makes for easier and more actual info exchange of a product.
I am thinking of one.

And I don’t think a letter X or Z kinda name is good choice.
We’ve seen enough of these. Or even V.

Needs to be unique. Standout.
Can’t be confused at all with another unit name wise or designation wise.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 05:35PM by tnsharpshooter.
September 15, 2018 05:35PM
oops. There it is.
September 15, 2018 06:15PM
BRAVO! What a unique presentation! The no name detector "The "Multi-strike"
September 15, 2018 06:25PM
Other then the bonehead holding the cellphone camera in portrait mode instead of landscape mode, interesting presentation. They announced the following:

Scuba/Land pinpointer w/wireless support on the Kruzer!!! SOMEONE GET MORE DETAILS ON THIS, ARE WE TALKING WIRELESS INLINE PROBE?????

Simplex - a new waterproof, entry level, wireless, $250-400

Simultaneous Multi-Frequency - Sounded like it's on the drawing board still to me, seeking customer input for design. Coolest name suggestion used, will win a free unit. Someone needs to ask what timeline their targeting to release this. I've been under the impression it had been in development for a few years already, they've said as much in a few passing comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 05:14AM by Cal_cobra.
September 15, 2018 06:26PM
My suggestion for name is Draco. With dragon likely the nickname assumed.

Let’s see the Nokta-Makro Draco......sounds good to me has rhythm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 06:28PM by tnsharpshooter.
September 15, 2018 06:33PM
A name game is not what I want even for a free unit, It is performance. And like she said using freq all at the same time depends on your dirt. So maybe allow us to also use one at a time or two and all at the same time.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

September 15, 2018 07:31PM
The Turkish word for multi is cok.... pronounced choke...... So, the Nokta-Macro Cok. lol...Yea, not so pleasing. drinking smiley
September 15, 2018 07:46PM
You'd think they would try to go lighter not heavy. racer, racer 2, impact, kruzer, Anfibio is starting to get that stale t2/f75 recycle vibe to me.
September 16, 2018 02:20AM
detectingMO Wrote:
> You'd think they would try to go lighter not heavy racer, racer 2, impact, kruzer, Anfibio is starting to get that stale t2/f75 recycle vibe to me.

If the Anfibio is nothing more then a waterproof Impact, then I don't really understand the need for it. I like the functionality of the Impact, but the ergonomics and weight balance were a hot mess IMO. The MK is nicely balanced, light and built like a tank, very well designed IMO.
September 16, 2018 02:46AM
As for a name I came up with Nokta Blitz (surprise attack), Nokta Storm, Nokta Genesis (created/ beginning), or simply Nokta Makro (merging of the two companies)......whatever the name will be a machine to look forward to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2018 02:55AM by Arkansas.
September 16, 2018 03:55AM
Arkansas Wrote:
> As for a name I came up with Nokta Blitz (surprise
> attack), Nokta Storm, Nokta Genesis (created/ begi
> nning), or simply Nokta Makro (merging of the two
> companies)......whatever the name will be a machin
> e to look forward to.

Great let's name it after the Nazi's
September 16, 2018 04:51AM
Nokta Omni
September 16, 2018 12:28PM
I think Fisher maybe on the right track....... PI tech with disc.
September 16, 2018 02:48PM
Does seem redundant but I much prefer swinging the impact over the kruzer just is better balanced and more comfortable for me. So since this one looks like it will feel more like the impact ergonomics I will probably sell the kruzer and get this one just for comfort but also really would like a general time line on the multi frequency unit
September 16, 2018 04:22PM
I may do the same once I understand what they did to make it a better machine than the impact. It seems they made the Kruzer way to fast with the new machines coming out. Like they want us to buy the newest machine while we water our money tree

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 16, 2018 04:43PM
I think they may have shot themselves in the foot by coming out with the Kruzer and now this new machine. Way to fast for my blood. I love the impact and I use the 5x9 coil and the 7" coil and I can use it all day. More programs on the impact and if you have an ear for dirt hunting then you just have to know what the tones are telling you. Iron hunting is the hardest and the impact has never let me down.

What has let me down is that they won't update the software on the Impact and decided to make a new machine and kind of dumped the Kruzer. Don't like that mindset! They want more machines on the market but have insulted some of us by not being able to update. How come the Deus can add so many different coils that work differently but they closed down the impact at this point not allowing there new 11" coil to work on it. I think we all want to wait a few years to update to a new machine. Their new freq machine that everyone is guessing a name for may be the game changer or will the nox have updates and new coils that will take a lot of sales away from them? It seems that the deus and now the nox have more sales in Europe so you have to wonder what will happen to this company Nokta Makro in the future. I would say if this new machine that is coming out next month and their entry level machine. Why buy the lower priced one when you can buy a used Racer, Racer 2 or impact and kruzer?

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 18, 2018 12:21AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Arkansas Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As for a name I came up with Nokta Blitz
> (surprise
> > attack), Nokta Storm, Nokta Genesis (created/ be
> gi
> > nning), or simply Nokta Makro (merging of the tw
> o
> > companies)......whatever the name will be a mach
> in
> > e to look forward to.
>
>
> Great let's name it after the Nazi's

Sorry didnt mean to offend. Just to clarify......"Blitz" (as a free standing word) is defined as ::::: surprise, quick, flash, lightning. The word has been used in sports (football) and war terminology as in connection with a "quick"....play, move, or attack. Didnt mean to connect it to the German blitz-campaign against the British (WWII). In modern times, North American football uses the word blitz to describe.......an unexpected "all-in" rush by the defense to disrupt the opposing teams offense. Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 02:55AM by Arkansas.
September 18, 2018 09:13AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I think they may have shot themselves in the foot
> by coming out with the Kruzer and now this new mac
> hine. Way to fast for my blood. I love the impact
> and I use the 5x9 coil and the 7" coil and I can u
> se it all day. More programs on the impact and if
> you have an ear for dirt hunting then you just hav
> e to know what the tones are telling you. Iron hun
> ting is the hardest and the impact has never let m
> e down.
>
> What has let me down is that they won't update the
> software on the Impact and decided to make a new m
> achine and kind of dumped the Kruzer. Don't like t
> hat mindset! They want more machines on the market
> but have insulted some of us by not being able to
> update. How come the Deus can add so many differen
> t coils that work differently but they closed down
> the impact at this point not allowing there new 11
> " coil to work on it. I think we all want to wait
> a few years to update to a new machine. Their new
> freq machine that everyone is guessing a name for
> may be the game changer or will the nox have updat
> es and new coils that will take a lot of sales awa
> y from them? It seems that the deus and now the no
> x have more sales in Europe so you have to wonder
> what will happen to this company Nokta Makro in th
> e future. I would say if this new machine that is
> coming out next month and their entry level machin
> e. Why buy the lower priced one when you can buy a
> used Racer, Racer 2 or impact and kruzer?

Dear Low-Boy,

I am really sorry you feel this way... . Please read my thread ''Future of Nokta&Makro'' and hopefully you will be more understanding.
Now - regarding the Impact - to be honest with you - we have not been getting any requests for any particular updates.
If many users have any common update inputs, please feel free to share...but please do not forget that we cannot change the screen text on that machine...so it can only be an internal software update at this point.

Dilek
September 18, 2018 01:45PM
A lot of years working in supply chain analysis and purchasing makes me have an ongoing curiosity about the operation of the metal detector business.

As far as I recall, except for the relatively recent Teknetics Direct program by First Texas, Detector manufacturers have never sold detectors direct to users. 100% of their sales are dependent on distributors and dealers forking over money for detectors which they expect to resell to us users. In business terms, the sale to distributors and dealers is called “sell into”. The later sale to customers by the distribution network is called “sell through”.

What Dilek explained about their consolidation of the 2 brands is all about the consequences of this basic reality about their business. Keeping distributors and dealers happy and buying is absolutely vital. Having two brands with different distribution networks forces them to “feed” two distribution streams. Engineers who could be working on totally new technology are busy making variations of existing technology to “feed” both brands.

First Texas has three brands to “feed” - no wonder they make dozens of different detectors!

In the US at least, the rapid revolution in retail is making it increasingly difficult for “brick and mortar” dealers and for the distributors who “feed” them. This will no doubt play out in the future in the form of consolidation into the most efficient operators taking the market - online, mass market - as well as direct to consumer sales by producers.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2018 01:50PM by lytle78.
September 18, 2018 02:29PM
lytle78
As far as I recall, except for the relatively recent Teknetics Direct program by First Texas, Detector manufacturers have never sold detectors direct to users. 100% of their sales are dependent on distributors and dealers forking over money for detectors which they expect to resell to us users.
Well, your 'recollection' isn't very current and sure doesn't go back far enough. I remember when some major manufacturers had printed papers in their catalogs that showed the installment payment amounts for different models for consumers. There were several detector makers who would sell consumer-direct even if they had a chain of Dealers and some had Distributors in the line as well. No, not all manufacturers, but many back when there used to be many detector brands, and several even until more recent years.

Times do change, however, and not always for the better. I remember when detectors sold for their suggested MSRP and there wasn't any discounting. The Dealer cost direct from the manufacturer was about 25% discount at one time, and a local dealer would sell at retail or you could buy mail-order from someone advertising in a magazine and get 5% to 10% off the retail price, or if you were travelling and stopped at some detector manufacturer's you could often buy at MSRP. Sometimes, get a special 'at the factory discount' of 10%. But that was also before detector prices started to soar to the much higher rates they are today. Times do change.

Monte
September 18, 2018 02:43PM
Arkansas Wrote:
> Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Arkansas Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > As for a name I came up with Nokta Blitz[/b
> ]
> > (surprise
> > > attack), Nokta Storm, Nokta Genesis (created/
> be
> > gi
> > > nning), or simply Nokta Makro (merging of the
> tw
> > o
> > > companies)......whatever the name will be a ma
> ch
> > in
> > > e to look forward to.
> >
> >
> > Great let's name it after the Nazi's
>
>
>
> Sorry didnt mean to offend. Just to clarify......"
> Blitz" (as a free standing word) is defined as ::
> ::: surprise, quick, flash, lightning. The word ha
> s been used in sports (football) and war terminolo
> gy as in connection with a "quick"....play, move,
> or attack. Didnt mean to connect it to the German
> blitz-campaign against the British (WWII). In mode
> rn times, North American football uses the word bl
> itz to describe.......an unexpected "all-in" rush
> by the defense to disrupt the opposing teams offen
> se. Thanks

That's my bad as I was just having fun with you.
September 18, 2018 03:37PM
Dear Low-Boy,

I am really sorry you feel this way... . Please read my thread ''Future of Nokta&Makro'' and hopefully you will be more understanding.
Now - regarding the Impact - to be honest with you - we have not been getting any requests for any particular updates.
If many users have any common update inputs, please feel free to share...but please do not forget that we cannot change the screen text on that machine...so it can only be an internal software update at this point.

Dilek

The updates are on your new machine coming out in Oct even the kruzer. If Deus can update the same old machine for all of these years I'm sure you can. Not all of us want to get new machines.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 18, 2018 04:05PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> Dear Low-Boy,
>
> I am really sorry you feel this way... . Please re
> ad my thread ''Future of Nokta&Makro'' and hopeful
> ly you will be more understanding.
> Now - regarding the Impact - to be honest with you
> - we have not been getting any requests for any pa
> rticular updates.
> If many users have any common update inputs, pleas
> e feel free to share...but please do not forget th
> at we cannot change the screen text on that machin
> e...so it can only be an internal software update
> at this point.
>
> Dilek
>
> The updates are on your new machine coming out in
> Oct even the kruzer. If Deus can update the same o
> ld machine for all of these years I'm sure you can
> . Not all of us want to get new machines.

Low-Boy,
When you compare an Impact to a Kruzer or an Anfibio, you are not looking at software changes only! Different machines... please understand that Impact has a custom LCD meaning you cannot change any text on that screen...it is printed on the screen already...so let’s say we want to add a new mode or a setting in there, where will you see that mode or setting? You cannot unless we change the screen and you order a new screen.. that is why you would have to specify what exactly you need as an update and we need to see if it is doable in the background via software update ...just like the update we made on the Audio Tone setting for the 4-tone mode when customers requested it, remember?..hope it is clear now... as one of the testers of the Impact, you were very happy with the device.. and we want to keep you happy…
September 18, 2018 08:45PM
Can you enhance a program, where you don't have to change the LCD and text? I understand what you are saying I was just hoping the impact would be more open ended and designed so it could keep growing as a detector. Also the new pin pointer is not going to work with the impact?

As a tester I did contact you asking for upgrades and changes that didn't need to have the LCD and text changed. And as a tester and maybe other would feel the same. I was hoping we would be part of a team that could offer input as your company grew. But maybe that is not how it works and I'm fine with that. I will keep my eyes open for your 2019 release but would hope you will allow updates the way Deus does. Their detector can have open ended updates on coils, headphones, and the unit itself. In fact on the impact and I really love that machine. I would have spent a few hundred dollars on a new screen rather than have to buy a new detector.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]