Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Three Tornadoes touched down today.

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Three Tornadoes touched down today.
September 17, 2018 11:44PM
Within two miles of us. Kind of scary in Richmond City.
Re: Three Tornadoes touched down today.
September 18, 2018 12:36AM
One fellow was killed on Rt. 360 when a tornado hit and collapsed the building he was in. A scary day indeed around here Tex.
September 18, 2018 01:19AM
I feel bad for all you folks that have been affected by the tornado. Be safe.
September 18, 2018 01:42AM
They suck. Two years ago in November, one touched down about a half mile from my house. Came thru my property and continued on over a ridge and hit a housing development. It intensified as it crossed the ridge and leveled the housing development. I had a half dozen huge oak trees that got demolished and a bunch of pines. It did flip one of my goat hutches but no damage to my house. We didn't have power for several days. The power crew literally had to cut their way thru trees on the roads to get to the lines. Dummy me was on the porch trying to figure out what that sound was I was hearing. Lol It never rained til after it came thru.
September 18, 2018 03:46AM
A few years back when Joplin, Mo was hit with an F5 tornado, I had to make a service call a few weeks after it hit. It leveled a mile wide path thru town. Blocks and blocks of just foundations were all that was left of neighborhoods. 5 Ft diameter trees broken off a few feet above ground , with only the stumps remaining. There were still SUVs on top of 3 story buildings. Unbelievable destruction everywhere. What a war zone. People were sucked out of windows. One teenager just returning from a graduation party was sucked out of the sunroof in the car he was riding in. Some warehouse guys I talked to drove to Joplin as soon as they heard of it. There were cars pulling into gas stations, with all the glass blown out, people were covered with mud and glass. Near where I live there is a junkyard where they were bringing cars from Joplin. Not a square inch of straight sheet metal on a lot of the cars. I think there were 168 people killed. There is a book that was published about it, if you ever get a chance to check it out, do it. Amazing destruction.
September 18, 2018 10:20AM
Possom mo......Looked like the place was hit by a H bomb...seriously.
September 18, 2018 01:38PM
Ozzie, yes.
September 18, 2018 01:42PM
Do what you can to stay safe. My wife and I were commenting about a storm chaser program we were watching a couple of days ago, how those guys get so excited and happy when a tornado forms and touches the ground, yet the very thing they are all excited about is destroying property and lives. Didn't seem right.

Be careful all as best you can.

HH
Mike
September 20, 2018 05:19PM
Yes some of those chasers have got killed as pushed their luck. Those Tornados are too unpredictable and change directions on a dime.