Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Solar Flares and EMI

Posted by Cuniagau 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Solar Flares and EMI
April 30, 2011 02:38AM
I noticed that today when I was air testing some different targets, that it seemed that there was more EMI than there had been. So I pulled up [www.n3kl.org] and had a look and the Solar X-ray was "Active" and Geomagnetic Field was "unsettled" for the past few hours. My question is, could that be part of the EMI that seems to be at a site one time and just disappears the next time we are at that site? (and vice versa) Has anyone else noticed this cosmic effect when they were detecting? There were several of the factory programs that were really chatty where they had been very stable and the air test result were somewhat different than they were a couple of days ago. (not in a good way either)

Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
Re: Solar Flares and EMI
April 30, 2011 02:47AM
Love your signature!!
Wish I could help with your question but I'm sure someone here will.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it put on its swimming trunks.
April 30, 2011 11:44AM
Solar activity does interfere with our detectors, more so then most people are aware.

Here is a link.

[www.prostockdetectors.com]
April 30, 2011 02:22PM
Agree. A metal detector is a Electro-Magnetic device..........and solar flares are of Electro and Magnetic emitters (usually white noise).