Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Curious why the Equinox chart page 31 user manual shows diamond rings/jewelry/gold to be high conductive and most likely copper?

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OK, not exactly what they may be saying, but the "ring with setting" icon = jewelry = gold is shown as a high conductor, and in a row below it, high conductive aligns with copper, and gold is grouped with aluminum under low conductive. I wish aluminum WAS low conductive, but on most detectors I use, it's right in there with brass (buttons), big lead, and many coins. Shouldn't the ring icon be in low conductive and a coke can be where the ring icon is? Did Minelab get this wrong, or is it me?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
They got it (mostly) wrong. Someone didn't proof read it. While it's possible large high kt gold rings such as 20-24K pure can read penny those are very few and far between. Like 1 in a hundred in my experience.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
S'funny too how the copper Euro coins, the 1c, 2c, & 5c read 2, 5 & 12
These are copper coated with steel innards and [should read] - minus numbers?

That chart [may have] been drawn up very early into the testing process?
Either way, charts showing TID's can be notoriously way off!!!

I spent [a lot] of time bench testing all manner of coins & targets on the 'Quattro', years ago and if you have Andy's 'Quattro Safari' book, Pages 52-53, you'll see LOTS of targets don't read as you'd expect and MANY mimic each other with the exact same TID's - even shapes that don't conform i.e. Round, long, jagged trashy aluminum.
Not unless the women has hands like a gorilla.....probably a typo of sorts......foil to high nickle is more like it...