Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coin$trike? Any users here?

Posted by Druid 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coin$trike? Any users here?
May 01, 2011 03:52AM
Anyone here use the Coin$trike? Any tips, pros and cons?

Drew.
Re: Coin$trike? Any users here?
May 01, 2011 05:18AM
I just picked one up with 2 coils ( used ) for a great price. Had one a few years ago but sold it since I did not use it much. I like it...some don't. Once you get used to the interface it's a darn good detector (I think). I run it with iron disc at 99, theshold at -25, sensitivity at 6 or 7, nothing notched. It does have an affinity with round objects.....which includes bottle caps, but it have dug deep brass and silver with it.
May 01, 2011 01:02PM
Had one when they first came out and seems different names for different facets but with a learning period a nice deep unit and did get some nice deep silver with it..Unfortunately must have been a lot of beer drinkers in my area over the years and many areas have a lot of rusty bottlecaps and a coinstrike called most of them a coin and never heard of a valid way to tel them from high coins so rather than let the CZ collect dust it was sold. Probably Fishers most misunderstood unit but again well learned with time in the field it produced deep silver..I believe there is a Coinstrike page available on the net so try googling..
May 02, 2011 01:16AM
Thanks Dan & Rover,

Took it out today but have a feeling I won't click with it as the tones I am used to from CZ just won't gel with the Coin$strike audio.
Kind of sad because I bet if the tone system was set up to be the same as CZ-70 4 tone system more CZ users would have warmed up to them and it may have been a more successful unit for Fisher.
Just a thought.

Drew.
EL
For deep stable C$ use the Bill Ladd 525 rule
May 03, 2011 04:12PM
Sens 5 Threshold 25 Iron Disc to start 99 (My settings on iron Not Bill's). If unstable threshold to -35 will give excellent results

The iron disc can be set for what ever your area requires. Myself I hate iron so it stays at 99.

Read the manual on the notching of foil etc for good performance. The Preset is way to high for smooth operation so stay away from that setting..

Do not worry about Sens at 3 or 4 if you have to run it there. The machine will be plenty deep.
May 11, 2011 02:06AM
I have owned a GTI 2500, ML Explorer II, and other deep seeking detectors. The coinstrike is the best one I have ever had. I was just checking on some of the high end competitor machines beacuase my coinstrike finally became unreliable, and beat up too much.

Over the 7 years i owned it, I have over $14000 CDN in pawn shop receipts for gold/silver items i have sold. It faithfully yielded 15.3 gold rings per year on average. It's a real shame that this machine was never understood or a became a big seller, because it really is amazing.

At only 3.5 lbs, you can swing it all day. The batteries last about 20 hours, and rechargeables work fine too. You get about 12 hours out of them.

I had some really deep finds too with it, including a CDN 1874 crosslet nickel which was in good condition (got $600 for that one), at almost 10".

It's crucial that you understand the numbers on the screen and the tones.. There is a lot of information in both.

I was looking at replacing it with a Whites V3i or Minelab Etrac, which are similar machines in terms of depth, etc. I couldn't see any huge advantage though, after i tested both.

Amazingly, when i started looking last week, there was a dealer going out of business in my area, selling a brand new coinstrike (still in the box) for $650. He had 2 in stock, and a i bought both (one is a backup just in case).

If you can't be bothered understanding the machine or the learning curve on it. You won't be happy with it.

Start by burying things that you want to find like gold rings, silver coins on edge, etc. to know what quality sounds like, and really watch the numbers on the screen to learn.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 02:11AM by cdn-detector.
Druid.........Re: Coin$trike? Any users here?
May 11, 2011 02:18AM
See the search techniques I gave Pulltab Pirate in the recent post................'A Question or two 'bout Coils'. Try Coinstrike or Coin$trike.....in the 'Search Messages' box. To ensure you get all posts related to this machine.