Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Be careful out there..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Be careful out there..
October 02, 2018 06:33PM
One fall and broken bone could certainly put one of you oldtimers out of commission for a long period..
I know from experience as just when my wifes problems were starting to stabilize she fell last night and after a long night in emergency room she has been admitted with no clear cut conclusion so if I did have asperations of coming back moved up to next Spring...just can't get a break with her health...
Re: Be careful out there..
October 02, 2018 06:50PM
That sucks! Family first as always My Friend. I always tell the Younger generation enjoy Your Health as it don't last.
Yeah I know it won't happen to Me as I take care of Myself. That's what I use to say. I don't drink,smoke, ate right and worked out 4 days a week. Now North of Fiddy it's one thing after another and it sucks.
October 02, 2018 09:52PM
Sorry to hear that Dan, I'm wishing your wife a speedy recovery !

I cannot tell you how lucky I've been detecting. I've had some nasty falls, once I went face down eating the asphalt, detector went flying through the air. Another time I fell down a cliff when I stepped on what appeared to be the ledge, but was in fact just overgrowth with nothing to support it underneath, and a few other close calls. Luckily I escaped with a just a bruised body and ego drinking smiley
October 03, 2018 12:34AM
Yep,you know what you have to do....it’s not what you WANT to do but I always have to think to myself...”what if it was me?” I know nobody’s suggesting you just launch her into the back room onto a couch and call it good,but boy O boy! Hopefully you have support so at least there’s a break for you in there somewhere. People can really get disenchanted and even downright tired of taking care of a relative,no matter who it is. I don’t think anyone needs to tell you to MAN UP! Sounds like you’ve been doing that for some time.
I hope she turns a good corner so you can get back to it! Nothing worse than knowing you can’t go hunting....and probably nothing worse for her knowing she’s the reason.
How about we find a bunch of good stuff and show you pictures? It’s the least we can do.smiling smiley
October 03, 2018 12:48AM
Dan --

Very sorry to hear that; I'll keep you both in my prayers...

Steve
October 03, 2018 06:37AM
sorry to hear of your misfortune dan! i know ya got a heart of gold! you been takin' care of her a long time now! god bless you!

j.t.
October 03, 2018 12:30PM
Dan, prayers for you and the wife---older age does have it's own set of problems and hopefully you and the wife will be able to cope with them.
October 03, 2018 01:49PM
Thanks guys appreciate your concern..Seems like thru aging our bones become brittle and seniors breaks their hip and femur weight bearing bones with falls...

On the good side she has a slight fracture in one of the small bones in her backside and will heal in time...luckily it does not move which is a plus....however very painful....
October 04, 2018 05:15AM
yes !i'll bet dan! i recall a scene in the movie "hombre" where fredric march says to paul newman,and i quote: "it's a shock to grow old mr. russel!"hopefully,in time her bones will heal with the tender loving' care given to her by you!..may god hold both of you in the palm of his ever loving hand!

j.t.