Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Has any one else noticed their machine seems to perform better after sundown???

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Has any one else noticed their machine seems to perform better after sundown???
May 02, 2011 10:14PM
I have suspected this on several all day hunts.Or maybe I was tired and just slowed down at the end of a long hunt????
Re: Has any one else noticed their machine seems to perform better after sundown???
May 02, 2011 10:59PM
I have noticed very early mornings seem to be the best. I suspect it has a lot to do with EMI from the earth, cooler air, more moisture in the ground, etc.

But there definitely seem to be times when things are on or off when using the same machine, with the same settings. Buckeyebrad has reported this observation as well.

I'd be curious to hear NasaTom's observations on this phenomenon.

Brian
Actually there was quite an extensive post on solar EMI not too long ago. The title of the post was "Frost Theory". The EMI material starts showing up later in the postings.
heres an article by dave johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!! [detectorstuff.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 12:53AM by seeker41.
Re: Has any one else noticed their machine seems to perform better after sundown???
May 03, 2011 12:46PM
True..............yes...............night time and early morning produce the least amount of EMI. It does have to do with solar activity; yet, also has to do with human intervention via man-made introduction of electrical (EMI producing) machinery. During the day.......more pool pumps, A/C units, vehicles, cell phone usage, grocery store automatic door openers, day-time high-power radio station settings..........etc...................are activated......in peak usage.

Select your detecting times wisely!
May 03, 2011 12:48PM
Indeed time of day, weather conditions can equate to your unit either working better or perhaps poorer and some days we just get lucky and swing over the target from the right direction which adds to the equasion.

One other aspect to consider is some units just react better to a slow or slower swing and after the sun goes down even the young bucks get tired and if they are using one of these units they may go deeper or perhaps a target is not masked which equates to a nice find or two after the sun goes down..
Thanks for the input and link to good info.......
May 08, 2011 04:05PM
After another all day hunt i am even more convinced my E-trac performs better on deep coins after dark.