Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox 800 6" DD Coil Vs the Makro-Nokta 7-inch Concentric

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox 800 6" DD Coil Vs the Makro-Nokta 7-inch Concentric
October 06, 2018 01:26AM
Side by side use on both.

The The 7" N/M is for sure the better on co-locates in nails.very very sleuthy in iron..with eerie ease

The 600 Minelab coil is the better at Recovery speed.A good bit better.This is at setting of 4 recovery.

In other words the N/M can blend/average targets in iron better than the EQ but the EQ can recover faster from one isolated target to the next .

I don't see a stellar jump from stock coil to the 600 coil on the EQ8 on unmasking in just nails I do see better unmasking when running a disc/Notching pattern though with the small coil in more multi period polluted sites.But wide open all accepted in just nails the stock and small coil are Very much alot alike...but that's not a bad thing..it shows how well the stock coil can do in nails..Stock coil can handle alot of nails under it at once and still lock onto a non ferrous target.

The 6" EQ coil By the way is the deepest small coil I've seen on a detector..PHENOMENAL..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Equinox 800 6" DD Coil Vs the Makro-Nokta 7-inch Concentric
October 06, 2018 02:17AM
That has been my findings as well. The 6 inch coil is super deep for its size. In my ground it is roughly the equiv in depth to most detectors with an 8x11 size coil...say F75 or the Multi Kruzer. In iron though...really not that amazing like I had hoped. The only positive there is that it doesn't respond well on flat iron or large iron in general. The Multi Kruzer does. For relic hunting with the Nox, this shoves the iron response down into the single digits or up to around 10 or 11 depending on the size of the object. I thought this would be bad because of small brass and such being low conductive but so far everything I've tested and dug in the field, has buttons and things coming in higher than that. My rule of thumb is...I run it at 0 disc...but really only dig the 12s on up.

I like both machines but still would keep the Nox if I had to pick just one. Speaking of which, if anybody is interested in a Multi Kruzer package for a good price...hit me up. Waterproof headphones and 7" coil included.
October 06, 2018 02:38AM
Interesting post..I'm going to be using the Deus 9" X35 coil at a freq of 28. You have to wonder if the lower freq limits the Kruzer in iron. I know a lot of relic hunters using a higher freq and doing really great in iron sites. Plus on one program on the Deus you have two filters and when you customize that program I would like to see if it can challenge the 800. You also have a new recovery speed. You have to also wonder if the 5x9 on the Kruzer is better in iron I have the impact and use the all metal program.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 06, 2018 03:20AM
Thanks for the post on the 6 inch coil.
October 06, 2018 05:25AM
I said all along the Equinox DESPERATELY needs a small coil!!!-----Well---if you won't go for "desperately"----how about "really"??grinning smiley-----Now I kinda/sorta like hope they come out with a (preferably closed) 5X10 for it also.-----The "E" could make good use of that one also, especially for gold nuggie hunting.
October 06, 2018 01:47PM
When Keith speaks,you best listen.
October 06, 2018 04:33PM
Yes I would LIKE to see a 5x10 DD for this machine.

It could be the right coil that pushes the platform further into iron unmasking.

Yes the small coil does enhance unmasking and find more than stock in trashy sites...Its just not that much more it does find though.The EQ800 likes the stock coil. ALOT!!.

The EQ has great recovery speed..and is at home in scattered target areas..Maybe one of the better scattered target machines made..Scattered can be fairly dense but not machine gun.

Its also a very deep machine...Especially in prospecting mode...I've been digging minnie balls out of reach of FBS with a 10x12 SEF..but you gotta use Prospecting mode to see the depth.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla