Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I shout at Youtube sometimesangry smiley

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I shout at Youtube sometimesangry smiley
October 10, 2018 07:28PM
I get so bent out of shape watching detector videos sometimes. I was watching a guy using an F75 in his test bed and getting iron tones on his deeper targets and I was literally yelling at my monitor, telling him to SPEED IT UP!!!!! good god man, can you at least read the instructions before you do your little video and s%%t on my favorite detector!!!! I don't think it was physically possible for the dude to sweep any slower on some of those targets.

The F75 isn't an Explorer. You have to sweep it fast to get accurate id at depth. You can't sweep it like an explorer. It doesn't get better the slower you go angry smileyangry smileyangry smiley

hellfire and damnation, man, go make a cooking show or something and leave the metal detectors alone.
Mike
Re: I shout at Youtube sometimesangry smiley
October 10, 2018 07:33PM
You're funny LOL!...>grinning smiley<
October 10, 2018 07:34PM
Funny stuff Mike. Get it all out....better for your blood pressure. drinking smiley
October 10, 2018 07:51PM
LOL this is great!
October 10, 2018 07:55PM
Problem with the tube...lots of times you know more than the tuber...then again always a little tip or two and one can't know enough in this hobby...grab a cold one or perhaps a hot one if available...
October 10, 2018 08:53PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .grab a hot one if available..

Dan!
October 10, 2018 09:55PM
ha ha, I hear you Mike!

Funny you say that, I got chastised quite a bit on a video I posted, because views said I was analyzing the target too much, and just wanted me to dig them up after the first sweep of the target - lol

I was trying to show the audio nuances and have it factored into TID on the Impact, but I guess people want instant gratification, perhaps that why the Hoover Boys are so successful eye rolling smiley
October 11, 2018 12:34AM
You should make a video of you yelling at a videohot smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 11, 2018 01:01AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> You should make a video of you yelling at a videoX
> (

LOL!!
October 11, 2018 01:08AM
Lots of Youtubers enjoy getting tips and constructive criticism. Did you leave a comment to help him out?
October 11, 2018 01:54AM
Shakydigger Wrote:
> Lots of Youtubers enjoy getting tips and construct
> ive criticism. Did you leave a comment to help him
> out?

I beg to differ.......
Seems to me the most prolific and disgusting of the lot always have the comment section disabled to prevent critiques.
October 11, 2018 03:05AM
Even the Explorers do better on a test target if you do not go at a snails pace contrary to the popular myth . Better ID and depth with a rather brisk wiggle over the target.
October 11, 2018 03:23AM
Beg and differ all you want shoveler. I post comments all the time and almost always get a friendly reply. Calabash digger is the only one I see that doesn't allow comments on youtube because he goes one better and is active on the forums. If you have anything to comment about his videos, you can post it here or pm him.
October 11, 2018 09:56AM
I watch very few. I hate most of them. I can't stand watching someone dig a hole and placing a target in it for a test. Inside the house air tests? If I want to drive my wife insane all I need to do is turn up the volume on that guy sweeping a target for five minutes before he digs it. By the way the most impressive thing I saw this week on a YouTube video? The newest Hoover Boys video and the amount of trash they dug shown at the end of it. WOW! I appreciate the hard work more than the beeping numbers BS.
October 11, 2018 03:29PM
It is all about short videos and a lot of editing..like the videos I postsmileys with beer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 11, 2018 03:51PM
As a YouTuber....I just stopped caring. Sounds terrible...but there is just ZERO way to make everybody happy - be a damn fool to try.

One guy wants to see more ID numbers....one guy wants less
One guys wants to see me actually dig the target....one guy wants to see the FINDS ONLY....
One guy wants me to go buy a new detector to test...so he can then go buy it....
One guy calls me every bad name in the book...next guy says he is a fan for life and he is super happy he found my channel....
One guy hates air tests...one guy loves them...

One guy has been detecting for 30+ years and is confused on how a Garrett Carrot works......but by god he knows detecting better than anybody!!!

It is just impossible to make them all happy. (Impossible = I just don't feel like it.)

The only solution is to just put out videos that YOU want to create. If people enjoy them...be thankful. If not...oh friggin well.

I have a mere 4000+ subs...but always rising. I respond to EVERY single comment. Thousands upon thousands of comments...I make damn sure I get to each one.

I'm never going to get rich doing YouTube...but it is something I like to do. Create videos and talk shop with like-minded individuals. It is as much of a hobby as the actual detecting is.

Anybody who does not like it...don't let the door hit ya.

(All that being said....I absolutely would take actual detector advice from a calm and intelligent person. Perhaps not somebody who "literally" screams at his monitor. My advice back would be - seek mental help).

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
October 11, 2018 04:10PM
I'm in a 12 step program. This was step 1.

HH
Mike
October 12, 2018 03:59AM
Come on Mike, don't sugar coat it!
Tell us how you REALLY FEEL!winking smiley
October 12, 2018 05:05AM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> I'm in a 12 step program. This was step 1.
>
> HH
> Mike

Keep a stiff upper lip & hang in there Mike!-----Eleven steps to go & I'm SURE things are gonna work out for ya.-----Now, I could be wrong on this--but I don't think so.----I thought I was wrong about something once but it turned out I was mistaken!!!-----So----there ya go!!----------Dr. Del----------P.S. I'll send you my bill when you START step 12!thumbs down
October 12, 2018 12:12PM
I luv all the LOUD excruciating music that some feel is necessary for a big time production.
October 12, 2018 02:09PM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> As a YouTuber....I just stopped caring. Sounds terrible...but there is just ZERO way to make every body happy - be a damn fool to try.
> One guy wants to see more ID numbers....one guy wants less
> One guys wants to see me actually dig the target..
> ..one guy wants to see the FINDS ONLY....
> One guy wants me to go buy a new detector to test. ..so he can then go buy it....
> One guy calls me every bad name in the book...next guy says he is a fan for life and he is super happy he found my channel....
> One guy hates air tests...one guy loves them...
>
> One guy has been detecting for 30+ years and is confused on how a Garrett Carrot works......but by god he knows detecting better than anybody!!!
>
> It is just impossible to make them all happy. (Impossible = I just don't feel like it.)
>
> The only solution is to just put out videos that YOU want to create. If people enjoy them...be thankful. If not...oh friggin well.
>
> I have a mere 4000+ subs...but always rising. I respond to EVERY single comment. Thousands upon thousands of comments...I make damn sure I get to each one.
>
> I'm never going to get rich doing YouTube...but it is something I like to do. Create videos and talk shop with like-minded individuals. It is as much of a hobby as the actual detecting is.
>
> Anybody who does not like it...don't let the door hit ya.
>

Absolute truth there!!! I don't think I could say it any better. For the YT watchers who have never tried producing, you have no idea what goes into it. Trying to get good video shot AND good audio, and show the target well before and after, it takes time to set up for each dig which takes away time from actually hunting. A 5 hour hunt can easily gives you an hour or more of video. then you spend about 20 hours editing and re-editing, and final editing to get it down to a decently short video length. That 5 minute video you enjoyed took days to get there. And nobody gets rich on YT from detecting videos, LOL

In the end, you produce the videos you enjoy. You try to share the experience of the hunt or you try to help people learn something about their detector.
October 12, 2018 03:20PM
What he said !
October 12, 2018 03:46PM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> As a YouTuber....I just stopped caring. Sounds t
> errible...but there is just ZERO way to make every
> body happy - be a damn fool to try.
>
> One guy wants to see more ID numbers....one guy wa
> nts less
> One guys wants to see me actually dig the target..
> ..one guy wants to see the FINDS ONLY....
> One guy wants me to go buy a new detector to test.
> ..so he can then go buy it....
> One guy calls me every bad name in the book...next
> guy says he is a fan for life and he is super happ
> y he found my channel....
> One guy hates air tests...one guy loves them...
>
> One guy has been detecting for 30+ years and is co
> nfused on how a Garrett Carrot works......but by g
> od he knows detecting better than anybody!!!
>
> It is just impossible to make them all happy. (Im
> possible = I just don't feel like it.)
>
> The only solution is to just put out videos that Y
> OU want to create. If people enjoy them...be than
> kful. If not...oh friggin well.
>
> I have a mere 4000+ subs...but always rising. I r
> espond to EVERY single comment. Thousands upon t
> housands of comments...I make damn sure I get to e
> ach one.
>
> I'm never going to get rich doing YouTube...but it
> is something I like to do. Create videos and talk
> shop with like-minded individuals. It is as much
> of a hobby as the actual detecting is.
>
> Anybody who does not like it...don't let the door
> hit ya.
>
>
> (All that being said....I absolutely would take ac
> tual detector advice from a calm and intelligent p
> erson. Perhaps not somebody who "literally" scre
> ams at his monitor. My advice back would be - see
> k mental help).

That about says it all. Lots of armchair critics, and Monday morning quarterbacks.
October 12, 2018 04:12PM
To borrow a line from the The Who

"Every sentence in my head someone else has said".

It is already on YouTube. I'm not a critic.....just not interested. I have seen bullets and mercs before. The pioneers of the hobby like Tom beat you to it.
October 12, 2018 05:07PM
The pioneers of the hobby deserve our respect but to act like the new generation of diggers have nothing to bring to the table is the at the height of ignorance. Todays new comers will be tomorrows pioneers in our ever changing hobby. High frequency relic hunting is just one of the new trails us new comers are blazing...….How many of these you seen dug lately on youtube ??? BTW look at the coil on the end of that detector.IT is a gold nugget coil for relics by geez who would have thought it????BLAZING THE TRAIL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 05:08PM by calabash digger.
October 12, 2018 06:06PM
Keith has been"high frequency relic hunting" for quite a while-----would hardly call him a"new comer".
October 12, 2018 07:01PM
October 12, 2018 07:16PM
Ole' Cal got Him a GW button!
October 12, 2018 08:53PM
I agree he has, now the majority will be or can too. We have been doing since the release of the Deus hf coils. It has some great advantages in iron. I just get tired of the you aint been hunting for 30yrs so you don't know crap or have anything to contribute crowd. NEWS FLASH it don't take 20 yrs to learn to detect. If someone is dedicated and spends a lot of time doing it they will catch on pretty quick. My mentor has been doing it 30 yrs so when I got into the hobby he put my game light years of what I could have ever done on my own. There is a lot of information out there for someone who wants to learn.

Little off topic but fits a lot of this crowd on this forum!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2018 08:59PM by calabash digger.
October 12, 2018 11:24PM
Keep on keepin on Calabash, a lot of us dig your videos, I for one am a fan!smileys with beer
Not liking what each and every producer out there puts up but I sure appreciate the time & effort that you "Tubers" all put in.