Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SEF coil

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
SEF coil
October 16, 2018 08:08PM
I know this is not a very exciting topic. But, any of you guys had any experience with the Detech SEF 6x8 coil using it on the T2
Re: SEF coil
October 16, 2018 09:15PM
Yeah, wasn't too impressed. Didn't think it was really any better than the NEL Sharpshooter, at least in our soil which is your soil.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 16, 2018 11:38PM
I use the SEF 6x8 a lot on my MXT, I have a lot of coils for my MXT but like the 6x8 much better than the DD 10" or 6" round. My dirt is not bad, a lot of trash but the 6x8 works very well in trash.
October 17, 2018 04:33AM
I like the SEF coils. I had the 12" x 15" on my T2SE and got fantastic depth with it. I also had the 15" x 18" on my Explorer SE and was very happy with it.

As far as quality of the SEF coils is concerned, I think the 6" x 8" would be a fine choice.

October 17, 2018 02:30PM
i have a 12inch on a tesoro mu and works good.. the same depth as my deus on the same items
October 19, 2018 08:36PM
Thanks guys . I think I'll pass on that coil. Had the nel sharpshooter and didn't see much difference between it and the stock 11" except the nel wasn't near as deep. The 6x8 SEF would probably be pretty close to the Nel. Again, thanks for your response
October 19, 2018 09:34PM
This one became my go to coil on the etrac.
I found that it seemed to perform better than the Coiltek 5 x 10 , 6 x 8 or sharpshooter on that detector in my ground.
[www.detechusa.com]
October 19, 2018 10:14PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This one became my go to coil on the etrac.
> I found that it seemed to perform better than the
> Coiltek 5 x 10 , 6 x 8 or sharpshooter on that de
> tector in my ground.
> [www.detechusa.com]-
> coil/

Thanks Shoveler, I don't think they make that coil for the T2
October 20, 2018 12:33AM
Better hurry , one left

[www.seriousdetecting.com]
October 21, 2018 05:53PM
On FBS or MXT 6x8 sef is nirvana.

On T2 I choose the Sharpshooter.

The Sharpshooter windings seems to match up with T2 DNA...the 6x8 seemed a little fat sounding on T2..Didnt mesh as well ..T2s are DD designed units...a SEF seems to be more of a hybrid Cocentric/DD design,,that may be the underlying issue.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla