Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Reminder - Detectival this weekend

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Reminder - Detectival this weekend
September 12, 2018 02:24AM
Look forward to the feeds and videos coming out of there.
[www.detectival.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 02:25AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Reminder - Detectival this weekend
September 12, 2018 10:22AM
NOT really interested in what might come out of there this weekend?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 12:06PM by Des D.
September 12, 2018 12:53PM
Well no hype as of yet(most likely fall-out from last year). I wanted to go this year but couldn't convince my father to go with me.
September 12, 2018 01:07PM
Still waiting on accessories for the headliner from last year. Any salt water machines will be interesting to me. Dirt? Nope!
September 12, 2018 06:05PM
What came out of last year's event excited a lot of people but also made idiots out of others who Sold their perfectly decent and well performing detectors at crazy prices with huge personal losses. Some sold almost all their collection! Think guy who runs another Forum!
Folks 'gave away' Racers, E Tracs, Impacts and so on and where are those folks now? Happy with what they did?
That premature release stalled a perfectly good market for the best part of 10 months.
And guess what??? The product has been 'Updated!'
What does that say???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 06:45PM by Des D.
September 12, 2018 07:00PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What came out of last year's event excited a lot o
> f people but also made idiots out of others who So
> ld their perfectly decent and well performing dete
> ctors at crazy prices with huge personal losses. S
> ome sold almost all their collection! Think guy wh
> o runs another Forum!
> Folks 'gave away' Racers, E Tracs, Impacts and so
> on and where are those folks now? Happy with what
> they did?
> That premature release stalled a perfectly good ma
> rket for the best part of 10 months.
> And guess what??? The product has been 'Updated!'
> What does that say???

Des,
Folks did sell some of their detectors for exchange for Equinox.
Did they do the right thing?
I can’t say.

I can say with 100% certainty, in my area’s soil Equinox coil size for coil size has advantages on locating some targets vs at least some of the other single freq VLF detectors I have compared Equinox to on actual head to heads.

Now going the other way comparing locating targets with some of these other VLF single freq detectors, I haven’t done near as many so I can’t give a percentage rated opinion here.

I wish I had some milder ground (not neutral) to do some comparing, Unfortunately I don’t.

In my area Equinox is IMO a good (definitely above average) detector for archeologist.
September 12, 2018 07:18PM
Des D Wrote:
> o runs another Forum!

If you are referring to this "idiot" then I did indeed sell nearly all my other detectors, and don't regret it for a second. Not sure why you care, or why that makes me an idiot, but there you go.
September 12, 2018 07:25PM
Des D Wrote:
> o runs another Forum!
> they did?
> What does that say???

It says the Equinox did not "obsolete" everything!smiling smiley (not initially anyway)------BTW, we've got four of 'em---two each for the wife & I.-----That doesn't make us idiots----does it???winking smiley----Guess not, we've kept (some) of our other detector arsenal also!thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 07:34PM by D&P-OR.
September 12, 2018 07:46PM
What is so wrong with updates ? your comments seem out of character Des
September 12, 2018 08:00PM
Des D Wrote:
> ctors at crazy prices with huge personal losses
. S
> o runs another Forum!
> they did?
> What does that say???

I sold a CTX3030 for cash. Traded a f75 and a Racer 2 for a Nox. I wouldn't change anything if I had to do over again. Here is the thing, if you look at the overall spectrum of Nox users, how many actually have the experience and/or skill level to use it to it's peak performance?

Funny story. I went to the beach two weeks ago, I bumped into two guys also metal detecting, all three of us had Noxs. But the other two guys didn't even know how to navigate the menu system.

So I am going to stick my neck out and answer the question; Does the Nox Obsolete all other detectors? Depends on your skill level.
September 12, 2018 08:35PM
I sold a Racer2 (had two of them, kept one), my Impact, which I liked as far as functionality but the ergonomics were a hot mess and it was as heavy as a CTX. Initially I had a challenging time selling the Impact without taking a bath on it, but in the end I ended up breaking up the Pro Pack, keeping the small coil for my Multi Kruzer, and sold it for more then when I was trying to get as a Pro Package....odd how that works out sometimes. I don't do free shipping on used detectors, and they still sell. The guy that bought the Impact bitched that shipping was like $50 but not my fault he lived in a high cost shipping region.

I ended up with the Makro Multi Kruzer and EQ800 and couldn't be happier, between the two detectors there's nothing I can't hunt and feel confident that I have a top notch unit. The R2 is still a great detector, and with it's massive coil selection it's really hard to beat, the MMK is even better but has a slightly smaller coil selection. The EQ800, so far only has one coil, I still cannot get a 6" for it (am signed up on like five dealer lists) and if anyone's holding their breath for the EQ 15" coil, you'll likely die of oxygen starvation. Perhaps Minelab will pull up in a tank with the EQ 15" coil in hand LMAO hot smiley
September 12, 2018 09:54PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:

>
> If you are referring to this "idiot" then I did in
> deed sell nearly all my other detectors, and don't
> regret it for a second. Not sure why you care, or
> why that makes me an idiot, but there you go.

Should we seriously doubt you had a choice?
Does an Apple store owner use a Galaxy phone?
September 12, 2018 10:46PM
Here is the thing, if you look a
> t the overall spectrum of Nox users, how many actu
> ally have the experience and/or skill level to use
> it to it's peak performance?

I know you are talking about newbies, but you bring up a point. As a veteran of the CTX, Safari, Eplorer and E Trac I find the use of the Equinox and navigation of the menu system easy to learn. Sure there are a few quirks like recognizing bottle caps and other tips out there worth knowing, but my goodness just turn the darn thing on and swing the coil. I said it before and I'll say it again......this target next to that target in this dirt testing is out of control. You know what? Most people will take the next magic stick back to the same old place and find a few targets this magic stick left behind. The cycle continues. Is it fast at recovery? Is it deep? Where The hell is the on button? The rest is irrelevant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2018 10:48PM by goodmore.
September 13, 2018 03:03AM
Des D Wrote:
> o runs another Forum!
> they did?
> What does that say???

I'll join the list of "idiots". Seems like I'm in good company. Funny thing, Des, you would piss, moan, and criticize if ML didn't release an update for the Nox. So, what does that say? Yes, I'm happy.

Dean
September 13, 2018 03:22AM
Brilliant marketing.

A deep pool of ML customers with nothing much to spend their money on for years and then suddenly - with great fanfare, a pretty impressive combination of existing technology with new wrinkles in a lightweight package with a stunningly (for ML) low price.

Steve is no fool. If he likes it that much you can bet that it is better than “OK”. I have a 600 and it works fine - no miracles, but then I have never been a miracle worker.

the bar is set pretty high for the rest of the industry to challenge this. Price? Performance?

As the warts and wrinkles emerge, some of the early enthusiasts will fall by the wayside.

Later, the rest of the competition will introduce what they have to challenge it with.

All good for us.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
September 13, 2018 04:24AM
I guess I'm in the idiot category as well.

While it is always nice to see the new gadgets and technology, it would truly have to be something amazing and bar setting to gather any excitement or interest from me. For once, I feel like my needs in a detector have been met. I'm a "free agent" if you will...I'm not bound or obligated to any detector brand and simply want the best machine for my hunt conditions and style. For now, the Nox has 98% of that covered and the MKK gets the other 2% just for something different to swing.
September 13, 2018 04:31AM
I'm a idiot to I guess
September 15, 2018 12:09PM
No offence intended Steve!

My bad punctation - there should have been a New paragraph.

I'm just as guilty myself though I didn't sell off any machines.

The difference with you was, you actually had the product to hand and was able to use it. The rest of us didn't have them.

I got 'sucked in to the hype' just as the 'other fella' did and thought: "Have they really gone and done it now? Just how does it compare to the CTX and E Trac?"
So I too got on the LONG waiting list and after 2 months waiting for an 800, swopped to a 600 and got it after a further few weeks.

I liked it. Liked it enough to wait to try an 800 further along the line and that's getting close now 'cos the fall is closing in and is the best time to test new machines!
Meantime, I had reverted to the "X-Terra's" 'cos I thought they worked that bit better for what I wanted out of a machine.

To each his / her own.

Enjoy the fall...good hunting.

Des D
September 15, 2018 02:42PM
The two things that sold the hell out of the Nox...... was PRICE and warranty. People believed and still do that they are stealing this machine. In fact...... many bought both the 600 and 800.

Couple of weeks back i got a phone call from someone on vacation in Hawaii that a friend knew who ask him to call me. He was more than upset over the 800s performance and the fact that it wouldnt settle down....... his final words were.... crap and i bought a 600 too.

None of my machines left my garage..... and wont. Im almost certain that update didnt do anything for small gold in the salt water. I passed on the offer to buy a 600. Nothings wrong with the machines except they arent finding anything my Xcal or CTX cant ...... at least not yet.

As far as an update...... i hope there are more, thats just plan good business to keep the Nox selling..... and the competition on their feet. You have to admit ML is bending over on this one ive not heard of one guy yet with a complaint service wise. This continues what Des was saying about ML and the market....... we havent even see the 15" coil yet. Keep um talking seems to be working for sales.

Des..... ive got your back buddy lol.
September 15, 2018 03:21PM
I don't get it either if the nox works for you good on you why would it make you an idiot?
I like the nox am I now a idiot?
Use what works for you in the areas you hunt.

Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Des D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What came out of last year's event excited a lot
> o
> > f people but also made idiots out of others who
> So
> > ld their perfectly decent and well performing de
> te
> > ctors at crazy prices with huge personal losses.
> S
> > ome sold almost all their collection! Think guy
> wh
> > o runs another Forum!
>
> If you are referring to this "idiot" then I did in
> deed sell nearly all my other detectors, and don't
> regret it for a second. Not sure why you care, or
> why that makes me an idiot, but there you go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 06:14PM by GreenMeanie.
September 15, 2018 03:31PM
Excellent point GM. Im very focused on just water hunting....... but i like having these other options and it doesnt matter that if i went say field hunt that there maybe another detector better suited..... im ok with second best if its serving a dual purpose. ML really did save us a lot of money...... price, warranty, multi purpose. Makes good sense to have one..... but im still not letting go of the machines with equally high marks in my book for my specific mode of hunting.
September 15, 2018 04:08PM
Seems like to some on this forum (and other forums also for that matter)-----we're idiots if we don't purchase an Equinox----we're idiots if we purchase an Equinox----and----we're idiots if we don't purchase an Equinox, then change our minds & purchase an Equinox!moody smiley-----Yah can't win for loosin!-------Me, I'm going to have another cup of coffee & go swing a detector!
September 15, 2018 04:41PM
from all that i have read,the "nox" is competing with the
"second coming"..jesus!..you have competition!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 15, 2018 06:17PM
I have a DEUS too and some days when hunting land one detector just clicks with me better then the other.
Right now hunting land I have been grabbing the DEUS more but the NOX is still a great machine.
Getting out and hunting is the important thing.

dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Excellent point GM. Im very focused on just water
> hunting....... but i like having these other optio
> ns and it doesnt matter that if i went say field h
> unt that there maybe another detector better suite
> d..... im ok with second best if its serving a dua
> l purpose. ML really did save us a lot of money.
> ..... price, warranty, multi purpose. Makes good
> sense to have one..... but im still not letting go
> of the machines with equally high marks in my book
> for my specific mode of hunting.