Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NEW NOKTA/MAKRO ANFIBIO

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NEW NOKTA/MAKRO ANFIBIO
September 15, 2018 08:37AM
Re: NEW NOKTA/MAKRO ANFIBIO
September 15, 2018 08:53AM
And more on Baltic Sea beach:
[www.youtube.com]
September 15, 2018 09:54AM
A waterproof Impact in a smaller box?
September 15, 2018 09:55AM
Yes
September 15, 2018 09:58AM
So a Kruzer 1.25? I'm sure it will have a fan base.
September 15, 2018 01:45PM
I am definitely intrigued. Can't wait for further tests to come out and see what this unit has.

Makro/Nokta sure have the market on listening to the customer and innovation!
September 15, 2018 02:13PM
I wonder if it has new tech, or just a mix of current tech. Deep mode is only 1-2 inches deeper than the Equinox. Normal mode would be about equal but without the benefit of multi freq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nihc5sm8J74&t=756s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 02:15PM by 67GTA.
September 15, 2018 04:43PM
67GTA
I wonder if it has new tech, or just a mix of current tech.
Yes, other than the obvious newly designed physical package the new Anfibio series does offer new technology. Sure, some modes and adjustment features might have a familiar name so folks can figure them out, but Nokta / Makro Detection Technologies doesn't sit on their thumbs. They are attentive to what consumers need, factor in an ample amount of what consumers want, then deliver serious performing detectors. Maybe biased a bit because they set a high standard of functional performance for me to start January of 2015 and I'm quite satisfied with their products to this date. Do I have a few other makes and models in my detector team? Certainly. Why? Because I like them, they serve me well, and they come close to providing Nokta / Makro type performance and complement my outfit.

67GTA
Deep mode is only 1-2 inches deeper than the Equinox.
Unless you're a 'tester' and have done some side-by-side comparisons, then I would presume you're only going by an early release video or two. I have done in-the-field comparisons on both sample targets as well as actual discoveries we compared prior to target recovery. At the time there was no 6" coil for the Eq-800 so I had to use a few other coils for comparison. On my first in-the-field comparison I had the Makro Racer 2 w/7" Concentric coil. In 3-Tone, the weakest or least sensitivity mode, I could easily match the Eq-800 most of the time with its 11" DD coil. I also compared my Nokta FORS CoRe w/5X9½ DD open-frame and the stock 7X11 DD, a Nokta Impact w/7" Concentric, and a Makro Multi-Kruzer w/7" Concentric and 7x11 DD standard coil, and the results we all very satisfying.

It was a toss-up on depth responsiveness using 3-Tone. The 2-Tone mode on all my devices gave better depth most of the time, and often 1"-2" or more, and when I used the DEEP mode, there was no comparison as to which one the winner was. Besides, I am not as big a demander of 'depth' as many are, but since you brought it up, if the Equinox can get 'X' amount of 'depth' and the 'DEEP' mode gets 1"-2" improved 'depth' then why question the amount of depth increase? Increase is increase and I hunt in very mineralized ground environments, and when there isn't a lot of shallower trash so that a person might benefit from added depth, the devices I use matched or bettered that of the EQ-800 a couple of my friends were using.

How many people, like even Tm D., have stated they would like to be able to get just an extra inch of depth performance out of a unit? One inch, two inches, half-a-foot, it doesn't matter as better is just that .... better.

67GTA
Normal mode would be about equal but without the benefit of multi freq.
'Normal' mode? If you are referring to a Nokta / Makro device, the different search modes have various labels that are not tagged as 'Normal.' I have all of my different Nokta or Makro labeled units set to turn-on in 3-Tone mode if they have a smaller coil mounted, or in 2-Tone if they have a mid-sized coil mounted for hunting less littered sites. On all of the Nokta / Makro units it is very simple to change search modes and available settings.

As for 'Multi-Frequency,' I have owned over a dozen 'multi-frequency' detectors from Fisher, Makro, Minelab, Nokta and White's. Some have been selectable frequency designs and others simultaneous frequency models. Sometimes, not always, I have enjoyed a little better in-the-field performance from a simultaneous frequency detector .... but not always. Other times I had improved performance if I cancelled the simultaneous function and selected one frequency that worked better for me at that particular site. Then, most of the time, I have enjoyed great performance from a single frequency detector, like a CoRe, Relic, Racer 2, or competitor's MX-7, T-2, Bandido II µMAX, or even one of my modified units like a Classic ID or IDX Pro when hunting those out-of-state sites with a couple of my Minelab loyalist friends.

Do I own a simultaneous detector today? No, but that's because there isn't one available today that I happen to like. Will I own a simultaneous frequency device? Sure, when one gets in my hands that pleases me.

I have other detectors that I use in my seminars, but today my Regular-Use Detector Team is comprised of 10 detectors, some single frequency and some selectable Multi-Frequency types. They are in my outfit for the very same reasons: I like them .. They are Simple, Functional and Performance based .. They all have search coils that handle my various site needs .. They each have their own strengths which means, as a group, they complement each other and let me grab what I feel is going to be the most fun to use and beneficial for different site challenges.

If you've found one, two or several detectors that work for you, and if they are single, double, triple. selectable or simultaneous frequency devices and YOU are happy with your selection, then I think that's terrific! thumbs down There's no such thing as a 'perfect' detector so we all get to pick what we think is best for us.

It will be interesting to see what the competition is going to offer the consumers, but I have absolute comfort in the different Nokta / Makro devices I own or what they are going to bring to the market.

Just my thoughts,

Monte
September 15, 2018 05:12PM
What performance differences are there between the Anfibio and Multi Kruzer? I feel those would be closer to apples to apples than trying to compare it to anything else.

In ground performance can differ so much based on soil conditions and that is where a person can get in trouble by what they choose to believe without testing for themself (videos or reports from others in different parts of the country and world). I could take my GoPro outside right now and do a 5 minute video between the Multi Kruzer and Equinox that would show right the opposite of Monte's findings in his neck of the woods. In fact, if I went by 3 tone mode, it would be even more drastic of a difference. It doesn't mean he is wrong and it doesn't mean I am wrong either. It means you are best to try them yourself and see which is best where you hunt. That's why I say the difference between them is like East to West for me. That's why I have both. Deep mode is useless here...kinda like Boost mode on the F75. Fun for air test numbers though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 05:15PM by Daniel Tn.
September 15, 2018 05:23PM
When manufacturer lifts gag order, more info will be released.
September 15, 2018 06:35PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What performance differences are there between the
> Anfibio and Multi Kruzer? I feel those would be c
> loser to apples to apples than trying to compare i
> t to anything else.
>
> In ground performance can differ so much based on
> soil conditions and that is where a person can get
> in trouble by what they choose to believe without
> testing for themself (videos or reports from other
> s in different parts of the country and world). I
> could take my GoPro outside right now and do a 5 m
> inute video between the Multi Kruzer and Equinox t
> hat would show right the opposite of Monte's findi
> ngs in his neck of the woods. In fact, if I went
> by 3 tone mode, it would be even more drastic of a
> difference. It doesn't mean he is wrong and it doe
> sn't mean I am wrong either. It means you are best
> to try them yourself and see which is best where y
> ou hunt. That's why I say the difference between t
> hem is like East to West for me. That's why I hav
> e both. Deep mode is useless here...kinda like Bo
> ost mode on the F75. Fun for air test numbers tho
> ugh.

Absolutely right.

I would like to see the difference between the Anfibio and the other NOK/Mak units as well.

Dean
September 15, 2018 06:47PM
The difference is simple software. Anfibio is like Impact but improved. Better handling with EMI, smoother, and less noisy and waterproof. Kruzer is coin shooter unit, but Impact is more than an ordinary coin finder. You can also search for relics and bigger items. This is very simple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 06:56PM by Shelton.
September 15, 2018 06:53PM
I would like to know what the new tech is Monte ?
September 15, 2018 07:23PM
Sometimes new-tech is new but not so improved you need to sell your impact. They do offer a different coil. would like to know what they left out of the impact and added to this machine that they could not do through a software update. Deus still has the best upgrades

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 15, 2018 07:42PM
According to the video there is a new coil design that is '2 inches better', so more than software! Actual results are yet to be seen, but they are the most open and honest company going IMHO.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 15, 2018 08:06PM
The larger coil on the Anfibio is picking up coins I had missed using other detectors over the past few years. Didn't really think much was left. But, is a good spot to do some initial testing.
Think I picked up close to $40.00 in change there. These coins were 1" to 2" deeper on average. I really don't like larger size diameter coils, becoming a fast convert.
If you have used an Impact and a Kruzer, it did not take long to get accustomed to operating this unit. No manual is available at this time.
Nokta/Makro just gave everyone another choice in detector models, if your looking for something more and or a bit different that what was currently offered.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 15, 2018 08:09PM
So what's this new technology? Is it something that will help increase finds, or something daft like a camera,,,, Calabash quick it's got a built in go-pro!!!!

Monte Wrote:
Yes, other than the obvious newly design
> ed physical package the new Anfibio series
> does offer new technology.
September 15, 2018 10:03PM
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 10:04PM by Shelton.
September 15, 2018 10:06PM
sanjuro
I would like to know what the new tech is Monte ?

ghound
So what's this new technology? Is it something that will help increase finds ...

As I stated: "Yes, other than the obvious newly designed physical package the new Anfibio series does offer new technology."

It seems like nobody picked up what I said. smiling smiley As for "new technology", Shelton addressed that in his reply above that much of what is done these days is in software. Some of the changes we might notice with a new product others might not unless they were familiar with hands-on use and experience with a former model so as to 'feel' or 'sense' the subtle changes. Technology can be in how the controls function as well as in how the settings and modes perform together and the resulting in-the-field results that are achieved.

I might use a few words to describe my interpretation of what I heard, while three readers of this thread might use the same detector and make the same find and describe the event differently based upon their interpretation. Some things are just difficult to explain in words because, sometimes, the very same two works can have very different meanings based upon the particular event that just occurred. Here are some examples:

One person just scratched a $5 gold piece during recovery and they say: 'Oh, Crap!'

Their hunting buddy forgot to charge his dead Equinox before he drove to the site and he sais: 'Oh, Crap!'

It's been a long days and trying to find the best route back into town to a gas station or café a driver made a wrong turn on a one way road going to wrong direction and he says: 'Oh, Crap!'

A passenger in the back seat was trying to hold it but stomach problems caused him to have the runs, and he says: 'Oh, Crap!'

Same two words but different events and different outcomes. Same goes for describing some detector performance making it difficult for everyone to understand what circuitry changes and performance behavior is to them and explain it to others. The best thing for everyone to do is be patient and do what they can to visit a dealer or a friend and get your hands on any detector model of interest and check it out. Just read that quote of mine from my earlier post and be prepared for what consumers are going to be able to get their hands on.

Happy & Successful Hunting with whatever make and model detector(s) you use,

Monte
September 15, 2018 10:33PM
So,, to cut a long story short, no new tech, just the same old single freq tweeked and repackaged in a new suit......

Monte Wrote:
>
sanjuro
I wo
> uld like to know what the new tech is Monte ?
[
> /color]
>
>
ghound
So wh
> at's this new technology? Is it something that wil
> l help increase finds ..
.[/quot
> e]
>
> As I stated: "Yes, other than th
> e obvious newly designed physical package the new
> Anfibio series does offer new technology."[
> /color]

>
> It seems like nobody picked up what I said. smiling smiley As
> for "new technology", Shelton addressed tha
> t in his reply above that much of what is done the
> se days is in software. Some of the changes we
> might notice with a new product others might not u
> nless they were familiar with hands-on use and exp
> erience with a former model so as to 'feel' or 'se
> nse' the subtle changes. Technology can be in how
> the controls function as well as in how the settin
> gs and modes perform together and the resulting in
> -the-field results that are achieved.
>
> I might use a few words to describe my interpretat
> ion of what I heard, while three readers of this t
> hread might use the same detector and make the sam
> e find and describe the event differently based up
> on their interpretation. Some things are just dif
> ficult to explain in words because, sometimes, the
> very same two works can have very different meanin
> gs based upon the particular event that just occur
> red. Here are some examples:
>
> One person just scratched a $5 gold piece during r
> ecovery and they say: 'Oh, Crap!'
>
> Their hunting buddy forgot to charge his dead Equi
> nox before he drove to the site and he sais: 'Oh,
> Crap!'
>
> It's been a long days and trying to find the best
> route back into town to a gas station or café a dr
> iver made a wrong turn on a one way road going to
> wrong direction and he says: 'Oh, Crap!'
>
> A passenger in the back seat was trying to hold it
> but stomach problems caused him to have the runs,
> and he says: 'Oh, Crap!'
>
> Same two words but different events and different
> outcomes. Same goes for describing some detector p
> erformance making it difficult for everyone to und
> erstand what circuitry changes and performance beh
> avior is to them and explain it to others. The be
> st thing for everyone to do is be patient and do w
> hat they can to visit a dealer or a friend and get
> your hands on any detector model of interest and c
> heck it out. Just read that quote of mine from my
> earlier post and be prepared for what consumers ar
> e going to be able to get their hands on.
>
> Happy & Successful Hunting with whatever make and
> model detector(s) you use,
>
> Monte

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 10:40PM by ghound.
September 15, 2018 10:38PM
Too many factors and we know it. Is not easy to accept it. But with some experience you can say something about it winking smiley Is like in 3D printing world. Experience. One says no way this machine not work, other: no, this machine print perfectly! So, you have the skills, materials, environment etc. You need to add all the values together.
September 15, 2018 10:46PM
Yet no one can tell us what the new tech it, is it a secret?

Shelton Wrote:
> Too many factors and we know it. Is not easy to ac
> cept it. But with some experience you can say some
> thing about it winking smiley Is like in 3D printing world. Ex
> perience. One says no way this machine not work, o
> ther: no, this machine print perfectly! So, you ha
> ve the skills, materials, environment etc. You nee
> d to add all the values together.
September 15, 2018 10:51PM
Very simple. Hard work on software and hardware technology core is the same all the time. What are you expected? Many companies don't care about it. For example Minelab. One year ago, they showed not read Equinox... and the machine is still not ready, maybe after the last update.
September 15, 2018 11:08PM
Thanks for confirming that there's no "new tech", just software improvements, and the core/hardware remains the same.
So if there was no new tech, just superior software and the hardware remains the same, why didn't they just do a software update online for the customers that bought the more expensive Impact, just like XP do with the Deus, is that not what online updating is all about, if not and i was an Impact owner i'd be pissed!

Shelton Wrote:
> Very simple. Hard work on software and hardware te
> chnology core is the same all the time. What are y
> ou expected? Many companies don't care about it. F
> or example Minelab. One year ago, they showed not
> read Equinox... and the machine is still not ready
> , maybe after the last update.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 11:22PM by ghound.
September 15, 2018 11:15PM
Maybe just more hype and we should keep our impacts.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

September 15, 2018 11:19PM
I agree with this statement. But we will have to read the hype and see for ourselves if they really added some new software that is better that what is out there now. Is it better than the 800. Maybe in your soil. Let Tom and Keith test it. Tom thought the impact was a top unit and passed most of all if his tests. He can't really talk about the nox so we will never know what he thinks.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

September 15, 2018 11:33PM
ghound Wrote:
> Thanks for confirming that there's no "new tech",
> just software improvements, and the core/hardware
> remains the same.
> So if there was no new tech, just superior softwar
> e and the hardware remains the same, why didn't th
> ey just do a software update online for the custom
> ers that bought the more expensive Impact, just li
> ke XP do with the Deus, is that not what online up
> dating is all about, if not and i was an Impact ow
> ner i'd be pissed!
>
>
>
> Shelton Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Very simple. Hard work on software and hardware
> te
> > chnology core is the same all the time. What are
> y
> > ou expected? Many companies don't care about it.
> F
> > or example Minelab. One year ago, they showed no
> t
> > read Equinox... and the machine is still not rea
> dy
> > , maybe after the last update.

Geezus Ghound. Obviously their is a new coil design. For that, there has to be a hardware redesign. So they can't update the software on older machines NOR offer the coil on older machines. Also, The software designs are most likely new algorithms and optimizations for the new coil design. it's too early to tel EXACTLY what this "New tech" capabilities are. Give it a rest for a few days. Just a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2018 11:33PM by Beyonder-Pa.
September 15, 2018 11:52PM
Just saying, XP are still using the same control box, but have updated the software many times and offered new wireless coils that are way more complicated in design.

Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> ghound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks for confirming that there's no "new tech"
> ,
> > just software improvements, and the core/hardwar
> e
> > remains the same.
> > So if there was no new tech, just superior softw
> ar
> > e and the hardware remains the same, why didn't
> th
> > ey just do a software update online for the cust
> om
> > ers that bought the more expensive Impact, just
> li
> > ke XP do with the Deus, is that not what online
> up
> > dating is all about, if not and i was an Impact
> ow
> > ner i'd be pissed!
> >
> >
> >
> > Shelton Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Very simple. Hard work on software and hardwar
> e
> > te
> > > chnology core is the same all the time. What a
> re
> > y
> > > ou expected? Many companies don't care about i
> t.
> > F
> > > or example Minelab. One year ago, they showed
> no
> > t
> > > read Equinox... and the machine is still not r
> ea
> > dy
> > > , maybe after the last update.
>
> Geezus Ghound. Obviously their is a new coil desig
> n. For that, there has to be a hardware redesign.
> So they can't update the software on older machine
> s NOR offer the coil on older machines. Also, The
> software designs are most likely new algorithms an
> d optimizations for the new coil design. it's too
> early to tel EXACTLY what this "New tech" capabili
> ties are. Give it a rest for a few days. Just a fe
> w.
September 16, 2018 03:29AM
ghound
So,, to cut a long story short, no new tech, just the same old single freq tweeked and repackaged in a new suit.
That's not what I said.

The Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic look similar in packaging, but they are not the same frequency and while they have some similar search modes, they are different.

The Makro Racer and Racer 2 are both 14 kHz units, and share some similar modes but they were engineered differently and perform different. The Nokta Impact has three selectable frequencies but the default turn-on frequency is 14 kHz. The Makro Kruzer is 14 kHz and the three-frequency selectable Multi-Kruzer also defaults to turn-on at 14 kHz. But the Racer, Racer 2, Impact, Kruzer and Multi-Kruzer working at 14 kHz and even using the same search mode do not all function the same. It's not just different physical design but in the software engineering where they have made changes. To some people, they seem to work kind of similar, but to an avid user they are not the same.

The new Anfibio series will also bring some different technology to the table, and some of us will enjoy it.

Monte
September 16, 2018 03:57AM
Different technology as Monte said will have to be proven to show it is a step up from the impact...different coil yes but to house a waterproof machine that is a cross between the impact and the Kruzer and make it a better machine they will have to sow us what they did and how it works to make it a far better machine. Now the Nox 800 is a way different machine but I'll have to read a lot of comparisons to be fully sold

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]