Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX coils

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX coils
April 05, 2019 01:57AM
Which is the best coil for the CTX---the 6" Minelab--or--the 5X10" Coiltek?
Re: CTX coils
April 05, 2019 02:30AM
I can’t speak for the Coiltek, however that 6” MINELAB I used ALOT in the trash/iron with good success.

I’d alway pick the factory made coils over the aftermarkets.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 05, 2019 02:38AM
Depends on what you’re doing Del....and it seems you are looking to hunt in trash or in a confined area. The 17” is my “go to” coil for most of my hunting,but that 6” is a REALLY nice coil...depth is VERY good! This is usual for FBS and even other brands/setups,but in this case I would also stay with the Minelab coil. I know Coiltek is in close relation on this so I’m not really sure you could go wrong no matter what you do.
April 05, 2019 02:42AM
Don’t think the Coiltek is necessarily a true aftermarket. Think it was a joint effort coil with Minelab contributing somewhat.
April 05, 2019 02:43AM
FWIW, I had all the coils for the CTX. The CoilTeks were the least used. The big CoilTek was good in water due to the weight...kept it from floating. I liked the 6" round better than the 5x10 elliptical on the CTX.
April 05, 2019 03:08AM
Well, the way I understand it--Coiltek made the coils for Minelab before they (Minelab) started making their own (some years ago).-------I've wanted to try one of these Coiltek 5X10 coils on our CTX for several years but every time I get into the research/study--I get turned off on it (for various reasons).---Partly because of the conflicting reports on those two coils.----I like the idea of a "go between" of the 11" stock & 6" & for the better coverage than the 6".----but----may pay for it in target masking (compared to the 6").-----I know they had some problems with those early release 5X10 Coilteks--sure wouldn't want to get ahold of one of them.-----Quit talkin & try a latest produced one yah say----well----there's the price of those buggars---they sure don't give 'em away.-----May have to do that though---I think the Coiltek is only about one ounce heavier than the 6" and a LOT lighter than the 11" stock.-----Decisions, decisions!smiling smiley
April 05, 2019 11:42AM
Finally sold my CTX on eBay, my 6” coil is on there right now. Wish you would have posted this before I listed it. Can’t stop the auction now, there’s already bids on it. I think it’s the only used one on there.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 05, 2019 12:11PM
Del, that is my Coiltek 6X10 coil that is listed on ebay. If you're interested in that, PM me and I'll give you a "non-ebay" price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 12:12PM by HEBEGB.
April 05, 2019 03:39PM
HEBEGB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Del, that is my Coiltek 6X10 coil that is listed o
> n ebay. If you're interested in that, PM me and I'
> ll give you a "non-ebay" price.

HEBEGB---I sent you a p.m.----------Del